+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Eligibility

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Hello Folks,

We are aspiring to immigrate Canada and have some questions. My husband has over 10 years of IT experience and works for a renowned consulting firm. I work as a content writer. I am 25 years old and my husband is 31. We are preparing for IELTS and aiming at a score of 7 in each section. Also how much liquid assets do we need to show? We have a 8 month old daughter. How good is our chance? My husband is a computer engineer and i am a BA in English honors. Do we need a consultant or can we start the express entry process ourselves? Is 7 IELTS score enough for getting a PR? Would Really appreciate any answers and suggestions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Folks,

We are aspiring to immigrate Canada and have some questions. My husband has over 10 years of IT experience and works for a renowned consulting firm. I work as a content writer. I am 25 years old and my husband is 31. We are preparing for IELTS and aiming at a score of 7 in each section. Also how much liquid assets do we need to show? We have a 8 month old daughter. How good is our chance? My husband is a computer engineer and i am a BA in English honors. Do we need a consultant or can we start the express entry process ourselves? Is 7 IELTS score enough for getting a PR? Would Really appreciate any answers and suggestions.
Your chances will depend on how many points you have. You want to score 470+ points to have a good chance of being selected.

You will need to have $20,000 in savings.

You don't need a consultant, you can do it yourself if you're willing to do the research.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
We got a score of 381. Can we still start our application for express entry? Whats the minimum requirement? Has anyone tried with a lower score? Is there a alternative method to apply PR?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

We got a score of 381. Can we still start our application for express entry? Whats the minimum requirement? Has anyone tried with a lower score? Is there a alternative method to apply PR?
1. Hasn't been a draw of more or less 470 for quite a while, never been a draw as low as 381. Check out the Provincial Nomination Programs.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Can we file PR through provincial Nominee Program by ourselves without help of any agent/consultant? If so then can anyone brief us how to do it or direct us to another thread where this is being discussed.