+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry/ECA/GNM/BSC Nursing

S0707

May 13, 2015
I want to get my ECA done for my GNM (3,5 years) dip from India. Should I got for WEs, ICAS or CES. Please share your experience or any advice, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot in advance. :)

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
WES appears to be fine:
http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp?lctryid=2

Ambrian08

Jul 26, 2017
I want to get my ECA done for my GNM (3,5 years) dip from India. Should I got for WEs, ICAS or CES. Please share your experience or any advice, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot in advance. :)
Hi,

I saw your query about getting GNM 3.5yrs. credential assessment by WES for immigration purpose from 2015. Unfortunately I came across your conversation after I had already sent my application to WES.
Here is my report from WES for Indian Diploma in GNM 3.5yrs

Canadian Equivalency: Three and one-half years of hospital study and training.

Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

This report does not match to any of the results in conversion table for express entry application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
I really hope this info. helps many future nurse applicants before they go with WES.

Please advice me if you went through other designated org. which recognizes GNM from India and please if you could share what kinda report you received from the assessment. I hope you get this email soon. Please feel free to write me here,
borganny2cool@gmail or +14033314878 (WhatsApp)
I will reply you as soon as I hear from you.

Best regards!

Reactions: Harmeet@30

forever21always

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

I saw your query about getting GNM 3.5yrs. credential assessment by WES for immigration purpose from 2015. Unfortunately I came across your conversation after I had already sent my application to WES.
Here is my report from WES for Indian Diploma in GNM 3.5yrs

Canadian Equivalency: Three and one-half years of hospital study and training.

Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

This report does not match to any of the results in conversion table for express entry application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
I really hope this info. helps many future nurse applicants before they go with WES.

Please advice me if you went through other designated org. which recognizes GNM from India and please if you could share what kinda report you received from the assessment. I hope you get this email soon. Please feel free to write me here,
borganny2cool@gmail or +14033314878 (WhatsApp)
I will reply you as soon as I hear from you.

Best regards!
Hi,
Just saw ur message here. I have the same query. Could you please let me know if there is a Nurses group and how I can join.
I'm in Canada and I tried to add ur number to WhatsApp but its not working. I have a Canadian number. Can u please let me know to add u in WhatsApp. I need some guidance on nursing.
Thanks sooo much.

London2020

Apr 15, 2020
Hi..! I would like you to guide me in the process of evaluating my GNM nursing degree from Gujarat. I did WES already but WES considers GNM nursing as a 3.5 year hospitality course. I want the evaluation done for immigration purpose. You can also contact me at jollypatel277@gmail.com

I would really appreciate your guidance. Thank you

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
If you want to complete your ECA (educational credential assessment), you need to either go for ICAS or IQAS because General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is not recognized by WES. Alongside, WES does not consider GNM as a complete education. Hence, you are suggested to approach for other recognized body to get done of your ECA in manner to get positive ECA response.
In order to apply, make sure to complete your ECA report firstly and afterwards fulfill other required steps.
All The Best!

London2020

Apr 15, 2020
Hi Aptechvisa, thank you for your guidance. I have applied to IQAS for the GNM assessment. I am still waiting for the result, will update once I get my evaluation done.