+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

ahmedhashmi

Jan 18, 2018
Thank you all .. hope you all get PPR soon. Keep on bombarding them with status query emails every month.
Does emailing CIC make a difference? I have heard they have some sort of an automated reply which does not clarify the application status. it usually states that the application is under process just like the cic website. I called the CIC customer service and they told me the same. Would it help to ask for GCMS notes?

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
This is NOT weird. This is common and happens to everyone. The agent that is sending you the notes redacts classified information as per the rules outlined in the Access to Information and Privacy Act (ATIP). They are obligated to mention under which sections the information is being (rightly) redacted under. So, don't worry about this.

Here is a link to the act -->

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/

You can see for yourself that a government organization has the right to refuse information (in the case of GCMS, the parts containing this "classified" information will be redacted) under the following sections.

Hope you get your PPR soon!

Good luck and all the very best!
I see the same in my notes. Hope it’s all good.

daadventure

May 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Dear all, I received the golden email yesterday. It's really been a long journey (10.5 months OINP and 15 months Express Entry). Finally, it's been completed.
I wish you all receive your PPR soon. Best of luck and happy Chinese new year.

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Dear all, I received the golden email yesterday. It's really been a long journey (10.5 months OINP and 15 months Express Entry). Finally, it's been completed.
I wish you all receive your PPR soon. Best of luck and happy Chinese new year.
Congratulations! May I ask when did your security screening (BCIP or IP2) started? Thanks! Happy Chinese New Year!

Last edited:

daadventure

May 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Congratulations! May I ask when did your security screening (BCIP or IP2) started? Thanks! Happy Chinese New Year!
Yes, I'm a Chinese. My security screening started from Mar. 20, 2017 ended on Aug.14, 2017 . I'm not too sure why IRCC processed that slow. Most my friends who applied under EE recieved their PPR within 3 months. I was thingking maybe because I have some foreign travle history.

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Yes, I'm a Chinese. My security screening started from Mar. 20, 2017 ended on Aug.14, 2017 . I'm not too sure why IRCC processed that slow. Most my friends who applied under EE recieved their PPR within 3 months. I was thingking maybe because I have some foreign travle history.
Do you mean that your CSIS was completed on August 14? Thanks!