Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Well tomorrow is holiday in Canada so hopefully your PPR coming soon...
good luck to you and to all of us as we all NOV FSW Outland need special luck.
Many thanks, friend. I wish you all the best as well.

Do you have same status as mine except BG:
Application status: we received your application. We will send you message when there is an update or if we need more info.
Eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements.
Medical: passed
More doc: we do not need
Interview: we don't need
BG: not applicable
Final decision: your app is in progress. We will send you message once final decisions has been made.
Well, my application status was the same as yours up until a couple of days ago when I received a letter from CIC requesting a filled-out (Family Information form - IMM 5645E form). My background status changed during the same day from (not applicable) to (in progress). So now my status is:

More doc: your doc has been uploaded
BG: in progress
Final decision: your app is in progress. We will send you message once final decisions has been made

If I may ask, when was your AOR?

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Many thanks, friend. I wish you all the best as well.

Well, my application status was the same as yours up until a couple of days ago when I received a letter from CIC requesting a filled-out (Family Information form - IMM 5645E form). My background status changed during the same day from (not applicable) to (in progress). So now my status is:

More doc: your doc has been uploaded
BG: in progress
Final decision: your app is in progress. We will send you message once final decisions has been made

If I may ask, when was your AOR?
My AOR was 20th Nov.
Hopefully my status will change soon..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, Please help !

I'm PNP-I applicant, AOR received on last Nov. 16. I still haven't received PPR as yet. I called IRCC about my application status, since it 's been 6 months. they told me they are processing background check and there is no timeline for the final decision.

Here is the thing
my Open work permit will be expired soon on June 3.
I quit my job 5 months ago so I can't apply BOWP
I just applied visitor extension today but the processing time is 80 days.

I want to know if I am still legal to stay within Canada after June 3 while waiting for PPR. or I have to leave. Thank you!
Yes, you can still stay in Canada until a final decision is made on your Visitor visa extenstion. You will be on implied status. If the application is approved, you can stay. If the application is refused, you have to leave Canada immediately.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think if you're in the country and applied before your current leave expires you're not required to leave the country until they make decision and your stay will be legal.
You can also check cic website for more details.
Correct. He will be on implied status. Answered below -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-e-apr-submitted-in-november-2016.459415/page-468#post-6029372

No he still need to have a valid status.
Incorrect. If a visitor visa extention is pending, he can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made. This is called implied status.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Seniors,

Need advice on one serious concern. I have sumitted a certificate from State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur for my couple of FD's.

Recently it got merged into State Bank of India and the mail id of the signing manager has changed. Should I take a fresh certificate from the bank and inform CIC about it ? Do they e-mail the branch manager or simply call them for verification?

Thanks
Not required IMO.

However, please post your questions in the relevant threads henceforth. The reason is November applicants might not be able to search and find the information they need if everyone keeps asking questions that are beyond the scope of the group. Thanks for understanding.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, I got gcms notes again except they mentioned a weird thing in email which contained notes attachment:

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

I am CEC applicant(27 Nov 2016 submitted). My notes say criminality, eligibility and medical pass plus three reviews by officers commenting generally I am good to go. My security part is not disclosed.

I am super-freaked out why would I have something that is subversive/hostile. This is crazy! I am an engineer, worked hard to come here, get degree from UBC and working hard at my current full-time permanent position.

I want to make a full move, buy house/car but i am avoiding coz of so much uncertainty caused by the delay in PR application.

This is BS!

This is NOT weird. This is common and happens to everyone. The agent that is sending you the notes redacts classified information as per the rules outlined in the Access to Information and Privacy Act (ATIP). They are obligated to mention under which sections the information is being (rightly) redacted under. So, don't worry about this.

Here is a link to the act -->

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/

You can see for yourself that a government organization has the right to refuse information (in the case of GCMS, the parts containing this "classified" information will be redacted) under the following sections.

Hope you get your PPR soon!

Good luck and all the very best!

Reactions: Aumer

Aali005

May 5, 2017
I sent email to Ottawa office for further enquiry on my app..
this is what I received reply from London visa office( now I know my visa office).

Your application is now being processed by this office (London, UK). Your application is currently awaiting further review and we will contact you again as soon as we are able to. You need take no further action at this time.

Yours sincerely,

LBM

Immigration and Medical Services Division

High Commission of Canada

Is this just normal reply which everyone receive??
AOR 20th Nov
FSW O
Need advice pls

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Hi all

So I finally received my GCMS notes. My BG has been IP since end March. However, my GCMS (10 May) states my Elgibility, Meds and Criminality as passed. Security is still blank on the summary.

Which stage do you guys reckon my file is at... and when should one normally be expecting a PPR when at such a stage? Keeping in mind my BG hasnt changed since end March! ?

FSW - O

AoR- 30 Dec

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I guess we are last 2% that have not received ppr from November thread.
BTW London has not even started my back ground checks. Its really strange. I ordered my 2nd GCMS notes and they showed that security checks have not been started till 4 April (the day notes were issued).
Dont know y they are doing this coz nothing bad is in the notes.
I've also requested my GCMS notes and also sent email to Ottawa office for more info. Don't know why they delay FSW out country.we have nothing to do but just wait....
I am not sure about you being 2%... as in the watsapp group i am in, we have a LOT of people who did not receive PPR yet.

Last edited:

Aumer

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
LHR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 nov 2016
Med's Request
Passed 17 January
Passport Req..
Awaiting.....
VISA ISSUED...
Eligibility, criminality passed 3 feb
This is NOT weird. This is common and happens to everyone. The agent that is sending you the notes redacts classified information as per the rules outlined in the Access to Information and Privacy Act (ATIP). They are obligated to mention under which sections the information is being (rightly) redacted under. So, don't worry about this.

Here is a link to the act -->

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/

You can see for yourself that a government organization has the right to refuse information (in the case of GCMS, the parts containing this "classified" information will be redacted) under the following sections.

Hope you get your PPR soon!

Good luck and all the very best!
Thanks a lot Raj, as always your reply has been very comforting! Bless you man.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
I am not sure about you being 2%... as in the watsapp group i am in, we have a LOT of people who did not receive PPR yet.
Out of 131 Nov. AOR cases on Myiimitracker only 8 ppl are still waiting for PPR. Including me