+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raptors said:
Did you apply under the PNP stream? And does it not state any Province infront of the "Location of Employment" line on your BOWP?
"Location of Employment" has no bearing unless there is a note under the page that states something like "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK OUTSIDE THE STATED LOCATION". I had a similar question with my PGWP and this is what I was told by a CIC agent.

Raptors

Apr 5, 2017
mortywaves said:
"Location of Employment" has no bearing unless there is a note under the page that states something like "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK OUTSIDE THE STATED LOCATION". I had a similar question with my PGWP and this is what I was told by a CIC agent.
Yeah I don't have that mentioned on my BOWP. Just wish there was an excerpt online on CIC's website that I can use to show to my prospective employer.

Raptors

Apr 5, 2017
mortywaves said:
Can you please confirm if you had already secured a job at the time of applying for a PGWP? As you said, I believe the "Location of Employment" may simply state where you are currently working and as long as there are no conditions mentioned below, I would hope that you are in the clear.

My PGWP had "unknown" written on it. But I believe that was because I didn't have a pending job offer and hence there was no way to tell where I was going to end up.

Appreciate your insight above!

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raptors said:
Can you please confirm if you had already secured a job at the time of applying for a PGWP? As you said, I believe the "Location of Employment" may simply state where you are currently working and as long as there are no conditions mentioned below, I would hope that you are in the clear.

My PGWP had "unknown" written on it. But I believe that was because I didn't have a pending job offer and hence there was no way to tell where I was going to end up.

Appreciate your insight above!
Yes, I had already secured a job. I think your observation is correct. 3 other friends of mine applied at the same time as I did. 2 of them, who didn't have jobs had 'UNKNOWN' and one who did have a job had the location written.

Also, I remember from researching back then, if your prospective company is unhappy about it, you can contact CIC to get it amended to 'UNKOWN'.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
totally agree that they are unfair. especially with pnp stream.
my file is with london office waiting for someone to just open it or check it from 16 december (transfer date from otawa to london). have ordered gcms notes 2 times and both notes are same without any update.
well you are nearing 6 month mark, so PPR should be around the corner (thats if your GCMS notes says everything is clear)

wow system is unfair is it ?? life is unfair - deal with it best way we can... :)

hi10101

Nov 2, 2016
Aliz14 said:
Hi Guys!

Many much time it will take onces your passport is submitted for PR visa. If you are Inland applicant???

Thanks in advance
Day 1 Received
Day 2 Profile Updated
Day 4 Passport received back

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hello, Guys! I need your advice please,

I want to do PR landing, Since I am living in Calgary and I got PR application approved on basis of Nova Scotia - PNP. I already submitted passport for PR visa and my work permit and sin is going to expire in mid of June. but I already apply for BOWP its still under process.

Questions:

1) I want to do PR landing in Calgary after landing I will move to Nova Scotia in 1.5 months. Is there will be any problems in landing?

2) What document should I bring for PR landing? (please note: I want to do landing in province where I am not got nomination)

3) My work permit and Sin is expiring in June mid can I work? once I finish landing I will change the SIN here in Calgary and after i will change the address in sin when I finally move to Nova Soctia IS that fine??

Please let me know I am waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance.

Dec 3, 2014
hi10101 said:
Day 1 Received
Day 2 Profile Updated
Day 4 Passport received back
cpc-ottawa received my passports on 1st of May and till now no update..when your profile got updated did you get a updated mail to your mail id?

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi Friends....

Appreciate if someone could help me with this...i received PPR email on April 18th and replied back to CIC asking for VO change within USA as i reside here also stated that holding Indian passport which cannot be mailed across International borders....

I haven't received any response from CIC and got new message to my CIC account on May 2nd with same original email asking to send passport to ottawa office. when i called CIC now, they say the new message i got is based on ack of my email request... But not sure why again they asked to send to Ottawa office....

what should i do now? Is that okay to send my passport across borders? or raise a CSE request again?

If its legal to send my Indian passport from USA to CA , I can use USPS for sending and return envelope right? please suggest....Thanks

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moliKT said:
Hi Friends....

Appreciate if someone could help me with this...i received PPR email on April 18th and replied back to CIC asking for VO change within USA as i reside here also stated that holding Indian passport which cannot be mailed across International borders....

I haven't received any response from CIC and got new message to my CIC account on May 2nd with same original email asking to send passport to ottawa office. when i called CIC now, they say the new message i got is based on ack of my email request... But not sure why again they asked to send to Ottawa office....

what should i do now? Is that okay to send my passport across borders? or raise a CSE request again?

If its legal to send my Indian passport from USA to CA , I can use USPS for sending and return envelope right? please suggest....Thanks
You would not be the first to send a passport across borders.... :D
I sent my passport last week on wednesday and got it back on 2nd May.
I would recommend use fedex ... better tracking and more professional... Also you can get the invoices (for customs)from them directly ....

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
spikegin said:
You would not be the first to send a passport across borders.... :D
I sent my passport last week on wednesday and got it back on 2nd May.
I would recommend use fedex ... better tracking and more professional... Also you can get the invoices (for customs)from them directly ....
Hi.. Thanks for the response...I thought we are not suppose to send Indian passport across borders ..Is that applicable only when we reside in India?

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i got additional request for my Application.
I got married and added my wife to my application in Feb. However CIC is asking for my wife's new passport showing a change of name is this normal?
Getting her a new passport would take a long time (more than one month) , Can i tell CIC to go ahead and issue the VISA in her median Name?
Kindly assist

"Client Information: Updated passport copy (bio page) showing your married name. Note: the visa (if and when issued) will reflect the name shown in the passport. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06"

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please post a link of where i can download Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes – Provincial Nominees form.

Thanks