Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
mortywaves said:
CIC might be the least efficient government organisation in Canada. If they can't operate it properly, then they should just privatize it and make application fees $2k. I'd rather pay more than being treated unfairly.
You wouldn't want to privatize an important government organization like IRCC. You can afford $2k to get your app processed faster, but how about other richer applicants who could afford $5k or $10k CAD to have their app processed even faster? Then those lawyer firms who have personal connections who will make sure an independent app will get processed at the slowest pace.

At least with the current situation, it's equally slow for everyone.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
You wouldn't want to privatize an important government organization like IRCC. You can afford $2k to get your app processed faster, but how about other richer applicants who could afford $5k or $10k CAD to have their app processed even faster? Then those lawyer firms who have personal connections who will make sure an independent app will get processed at the slowest pace.

IRCC also explicitly mentioned that the current average processing time is 6 months. There is no need to worry if the application is within that time frame. We can query after 6 months what's up with our application.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My AOR is 31 October 2016 which means (according to me) that we passed our 6 months processing time on Monday 1 may 2017. But, just spoke to my immigration lawyer which informed me that due to the extra document request in January, we lost 2 weeks which means our 6 months are only done on 15 May. Would you guys agree with his statement? I did not think that the additional document request extends the original timeline. Any opinions would be appreciated.

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Well, what you describe is possible, but could happen only in 3rd world countries. For instance, IRS in the USA is privatized has used private agencies for tax collection and has been functioning perfectly. Being private does not automatically mean being above the law.

Also, currently CEC is 2-3x faster than PNP. So, it's not equally slow for everyone.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
InspiredC said:
My AOR is 31 October 2016 which means (according to me) that we passed our 6 months processing time on Monday 1 may 2017. But, just spoke to my immigration lawyer which informed me that due to the extra document request in January, we lost 2 weeks which means our 6 months are only done on 15 May. Would you guys agree with his statement? I did not think that the additional document request extends the original timeline. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Remember that IRCC has never said that ALL Express Entry application will be done within 6 months. They only stated that they will try to process 80% of applications within 6 months so don't expect an exact date for PPR.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
mortywaves said:
Well, what you describe is possible, but could happen only in 3rd world countries. For instance, IRS in the USA is privatized and has been functioning perfectly. Being private does not automatically mean being above the law.

Also, currently CEC is 2-3x faster than PNP. So, it's not equally slow for everyone.
??? The IRS is not private.

The Internal Revenue Service is the revenue service of the United States federal government. The government agency is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury, and is under the immediate direction of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, who is appointed for a five year term by the President of the United States.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Remember that IRCC has never said that ALL Express Entry application will be done within 6 months. They only stated that they will try to process 80% of applications within 6 months so don't expect an exact date for PPR.
I agree. Here is the exact phrasing from IRCC for PNP as of recently:

"Since Express Entry is a new system and not enough applications have been received yet, processing times are not available but we have committed to process the majority of applications in six months or less."

"Processing times tell you how long it took Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications IRCC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete."

mortywaves

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
21Goose said:
??? The IRS is not private.

The Internal Revenue Service is the revenue service of the United States federal government. The government agency is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury, and is under the immediate direction of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, who is appointed for a five year term by the President of the United States.
You are right. What I wanted to say was they have used private agencies to help them with tax collection.

Raptors

Apr 5, 2017
Has any PNP-Inland applicant here received a BOWP? Not sure whether it should be limited to your nominating province only or should be across Canada

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Cbdesigned said:
hi there, I'm a Pakistani residing in UAE. I don't know about the BG status as I processed my app via a consultant. According to them it never changed
thanks. I am from pakistan as well.
no change in my profile from 16 december.
ordered notes 2 times and both are same, not a single update.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
mortywaves said:
CIC might be the least efficient government organisation in Canada. If they can't operate it properly, then they should just privatize it and make application fees $2k. I'd rather pay more than being treated unfairly.
totally agree that they are unfair. especially with pnp stream.
my file is with london office waiting for someone to just open it or check it from 16 december (transfer date from otawa to london). have ordered gcms notes 2 times and both notes are same without any update.

contact11

Sep 21, 2016
Raptors said:
Has any PNP-Inland applicant here received a BOWP? Not sure whether it should be limited to your nominating province only or should be across Canada
I got my BOWP approved and its across canada.

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi Guys!

Many much time it will take onces your passport is submitted for PR visa. If you are Inland applicant???

Thanks in advance

Raptors

Apr 5, 2017
contact11 said:
I got my BOWP approved and its across canada.
Did you apply under the PNP stream? And does it not state any Province infront of the "Location of Employment" line on your BOWP?