Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
I have a question guys.

Is it necessary that background check will go to In Progress two time?

I think it will only happen to the people who got additional doc request.

My background status is not needed at this time. I don't think he ever went to in progress.

Does it mean I need to wait longer or there are chances that I can get PPR with only one in progress?

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
GK33 said:
Did you already applied or you are going to apply?

If you are going to apply then you are ok. because for now there is no need for POF for INLAND applicants.

please read this post
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/updated-settlement-funds-requirement-express-entry-immigration-canada.html
I have already applied since Nov 19th. I cannot find where IRCC exactly mentions the words in the above link. All I can find is:

Note that this does not apply if you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer.
However, I'm not sure if inland PNP stream is different from FSW/FST.

santoshCEC

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
Doc's Request.
scheduled A
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
tgman said:
Hi guys,
My background check has just changed to "In Progress".
Good For you, Tgman, I am following you, closely as our dates are almost same ;D

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
I have already applied since Nov 19th. I cannot find where IRCC exactly mentions the words in the above link. All I can find is:

However, I'm not sure if inland PNP stream is different from FSW/FST.
Check your ITA; The actual letter that you were invited under, it should be at bottom of your express entry profile for which you received the invitation. It will notify you under what stream you were invited under. It will say PNP but it might also indicate whether it's under CEC, FSW or FST. Note that I am not a provincial nominee, but since you only claimed Canadian Experience I suspect that you were invited under PNP but under CEC as well. In that case you do not need to supply a POF.

Here is the first sentence out of my ITA:
Based on the information you provided us in your Express Entry profile, we are pleased to invite you to apply for
permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
moelaghil said:
Check your ITA; The actual letter that you were invited under, it should be at bottom of your express entry profile for which you received the invitation. It will notify you under what stream you were invited under. It will say PNP but it might also indicate whether it's under CEC, FSW or FST. Note that I am not a provincial nominee, but since you only claimed Canadian Experience I suspect that you were invited under PNP but under CEC as well. In that case you do not need to supply a POF.

Here is the first sentence out of my ITA:
It only says I'm invited under PNP, nowhere mentions CEC or FSW.

Based on the information you provided us in your Express Entry profile, we are pleased to invite you to apply for
permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

lifeisgood99

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
I am Nov 07 Cec Inland applicant
My background check is not needed at this time.... its nearly 3.5 months never went into progress..

froidvip

Feb 6, 2017
lifeisgood99 said:
I am Nov 07 Cec Inland applicant
My background check is not needed at this time.... its nearly 3.5 months never went into progress..
I think you applied through LMIA as well. Similar time line as you, mine is Nov 10 and stated at NS since medical pass. Hopefully we can receive some good news very soon. Our day will come :)

MauritiusS

Feb 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
Feb 2020
AOR Received.
Jan 2021
GK33 said:
I have a question guys.

Is it necessary that background check will go to In Progress two time?

I think it will only happen to the people who got additional doc request.

My background status is not needed at this time. I don't think he ever went to in progress.

Does it mean I need to wait longer or there are chances that I can get PPR with only one in progress?
It's not a must I guess, and maybe it changed previously but you did not notice. I filed my application on 29 Nov too & today BG changed to IP - guess yours will soon too.

lifeisgood99

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
froidvip said:
I think you applied through LMIA as well. Similar time line as you, mine is Nov 10 and stated at NS since medical pass. Hopefully we can receive some good news very soon. Our day will come :)
Hii.. yes i applied through LMIA.. my Medical passed on 30th nov and they asked for schedule A form on 5th dec and after that no news. Hopefully will hear the good news soon....

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
MauritiusS said:

It's not a must I guess, and maybe it changed previously but you did not notice. I filed my application on 29 Nov too & today BG changed to IP - guess yours will soon too.
Ok thanks. Hoping my one changed to IP soon :'(

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
sammoe said:
That means you are under the PNP program. Not CEC or FSW.
I know that. That's why I don't know if I do actually need to provide $12k CAD for PoF.

rd160309

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017 and 17-01-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP req on 15-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
GodBlessUsAll said:
How long eligibility review stays in progress ? Mine has been since first week of Dec.
Its usually until you get PPR.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, after 93 days since AOR, I have just received the golden mail-PPR!!! Thank you to all of you guys on the forum, especially Raj, Bestofluck and others, who made this journey much easier and helped so many people here. I know how hard it is to wait, but trust me your will be rewarded in the end. Never lose a faith! Wish everyone a speedy PR. God bless!