Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Application due date:2017/02/26

R10: Ok
Recommendation: Ready to Finalize
Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Question:
How did they know that I am currently a PhD candidate?
I received my master's in Canada and I am currently doing my PhD, but I never mentioned that in my application since I will not receive points for it. In fact, they even know the date I started my PhD and other details. My University is in Ottawa, I live in Ottawa, and my Local Visa office is in Ottawa. Have they been spying on me or is it part of the detailed investigation?
ROFL! They are not spying on you - This must have been a result of a detailed background check. They would have access to all the databases so they might have access to all your details. Since you have mentioned TA position (based on your Ph.D study) in your personal history section, there shouldn't be any problems IMO.

Valentineds

Jan 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got this in my email last night:

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the
Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still
ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
law partner, if applicable.
If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay
the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following
these steps:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
 Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa,
American Express or Mastercard.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must upload a copy of your receipt to your MyCIC account.
The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you
choose not to use your visa.
Your response to the above requests is required within 7 days.

( happy that the application is moving add)

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please share your timeline and stream?
Valentineds said:

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the
Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still
ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
(RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be
paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common
If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay
the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following
these steps:
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa,
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you

Valentineds

Jan 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thought this post could help all who have received RPRF:

RPRF Request Letter

grayninjaguidetocanada
5 months ago
*RPRF – Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Prior to submitting your CIC application, you have the option to pay RPRF upfront or RPRF Later. The former will give you a faster processing according to CIC guidelines. Currently, the trending is not clear. Whether you pay upfront or later, it will still depend on the assigned visa office of your application (refer to my timeline).

We opted to pay RPRF Later for two reasons: 1) we want to have an idea on the progress of our application ; and 2) we need to manage our cash flows.

RPRF means that they have found your application eligible and “possible” due for admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical). I highlighted “possible” because prior to BG check in progress, they will go over your application again.
eligibilityjpg.jpg
MYCIC Notification (You have a new message)
For your information, the RPRF Letter gives you a hint which visa office is processing your application. If you have received a RPRF Letter shown below, obviously your application is in the local visa office. However, if you have a “standard” RPRF Letter, the latter won’t specify anything about the visa office. If it is silent, your application is under OTTAWA VO. The local VO gives you a 30-day deadline while Ottawa VO is for 7 days only. You may refer to the following screenshots to compare the RPRF Letters issued by Manila & Ottawa Visa Offices:
rprf-page-1-manila-vo
rprf-page-2-manila-vo
Sample Ottawa RPRF Letter (from my first application):
rprf-rejected-app
How to Pay
Per RPRF Letter, the instruction will require you to login using your MYCIC Account. I had a hard time looking for the RPRF link in MYCIC Page. It was not actually there!

You need to create a new login ID and password for you to proceed.

Just follow the instructions once logged in, file and pay the RPRF. A computer generated OR will be shown in the screen (plus an email). That will be your proof of payment.

RPRF Instructions
After payment, we were advised by the Manila Visa Office to email the proof of payment to them.
Since there is an automatic upload field for the RPRF in MYCIC Account, we still uploaded the proof. While we paid 2 applications under a single transaction (so only one official receipt), we inserted an LOE specifiying that we already paid for 2 applicants and uploaded this LOE & proof of receipt to both of the 2 fields available. I repeat if your RPRF Letter does not specify any Local VO, yours is being processed in the Ottawa VO. So proof of payment instruction is to upload it in MYCIC Account.
rprf-upload-field

An RPRF request does not automatically mean that you are going to receive a PPR Soon! During this stage you only passed the completeness and R-10 Check. Eligibility test again may still be performed prior to Background Check. I paid RPRF after request in my first application. I never crossed the BG Status. So it’s not a guarantee.

(Post by garyninja, 5 months ago)

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
dhasha1 said:
it should be on the last couple of pages
It is not there.

The last thing in my note:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant: APPLICATION.....I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION: MEDICAL:ALL VALID Ready to Finalize PNP Triage....CIVIL STATUS: NO CONCERNS....NO ADVERSE INFORMATION

There is no mention of A11.2. May be it hasn't been done yet, as my file was transffered to my local VO on January 25. And they generated this note on January 28.

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
ROFL! They are not spying on you - This must have been a result of a detailed background check. They would have access to all the databases so they might have access to all your details. Since you have mentioned TA position (based on your Ph.D study) in your personal history section, there shouldn't be any problems IMO.

Lol. Good to know that they are not spying.
Please Raj, what's your opinion about my A11.2? I do not see any mention of that in my note. Does it mean that the note was probably generated too early or .....? The note was generated on January 28.

knightkax

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2016
Nomination.....
29/10/2016
AOR Received.
11/11/2016
Med's Done....
07/11/2016
Passport Req..
08/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
15/03/2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
True, good times for people with scores below 450. This might, however, impact the processing times (unless they have hired substantial resources).
Yes, I know. All that we can do now is wait and watch and pray.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
UReginahopeful said:
Lol. Good to know that they are not spying.
Please Raj, what's your opinion about my A11.2? I do not see any mention of that in my note. Does it mean that the note was probably generated too early or .....? The note was generated on January 28.
I just think that they might not have completed the A11.2 checks at the time the GCMS notes were generated. Nothing to get a twist over. I suppose you can order another set of notes in March to see some progress.

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Don't get disappointed,its a 6 month process. Sometimes it takes longer to start than it ends pretty quickly. Have you ordered GCMS notes?
[/qutote]

Thanks! Yes I did on 4th January

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Valentineds said:

these steps:
 Click “Submit”

This is some good progress!

Good luck and all the best!

fdias

Jan 2, 2017
my BG check changed to "In progress" in the last two hours (I checked around 20h and again now - 23:37, Ottawa time).

This leads me to believe that the system updates are done in batches, outside of working hours....

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
I just think that they might not have completed the A11.2 checks at the time the GCMS notes were generated. Nothing to get a twist over. I suppose you can order another set of notes in March to see some progress.
Ok, thanks. Yeah, definitely. I will order another note next month, if I haven't received PPR by then as they said on the first page of my GCMS note that my application due date is February 26th. I don't know if they will follow through on that but time will tell.