+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

rmddaharwal

May 12, 2016
fahad04 said:
I guess not! Sorry for the negativity but those who are getting PPR from November AOR are mostly CEC/FSW & Inland applicants. A large number of PNP-Outlands are still waiting!

Thanks
I am PNP-Inland and I have not got any good news yet . BG has not started yet. My question is they just directly pass the BG or first change the status to Review in Progress ?

Aumer

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
LHR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 nov 2016
Med's Request
Passed 17 January
Passport Req..
Awaiting.....
VISA ISSUED...
Eligibility, criminality passed 3 feb
Status went to "In Progress" second time today. February 4, 2017. It was "not needed at the time" on January 19. My passport expiring end of June, 2017. New passport arrived in canada, hoping to get next week.

***Question: I was an intern but I will be a permanent employee from next week, should i update CIC with CSE about this along with new passport copy? Please advise..

CEC - In Land applicant, I applied 26 Nov 2016.

Aumer

FeelGoodNic

Apr 13, 2016
Hi everyone. Just discovered this thread and it's been so nice to read about people getting their PPR already!

Trying not to stress myself out too much by checking my application over and over, but yesterday it went to BG check in progress for the second time. Is there a general timeframe for updates after the application reaches second background check, or is it totally random? I'm CEC, with 1 dependant, applying from inside Canada. AOR was November 20th.

ehb

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks for leading this - this is very helpful. Please add me to the spreadsheet:
ITA: 19th Oct 2016
AOR: 6th Dec 2016
Request for US PCC on 8th Dec
Medical passed on 8th Dec
Uploaded the PCC on 11th Jan 2017
Background check changed to in progress on 12th Jan
Request for passport on Feb 4th
Visa office of Abu Dhabi

I currently have to send the passports (wife and myself) to the visa office. The email received provides 2 options: either sending directly to the Canadian Embassy or to a VAC (Visa application center) with VFS (private company that manages admin staff). There are few issue:
(1) The email says that the preferred option is VAC. When I checked the process n the VFS website, they ask for fees payment through bank drafts issued in AED. How can I do that While I am living in Bahrain? also, they talk about additional documents such as application forms and checklist but I can't find on their website. Can anyone clarify?
(2) If I opt for sending directly to the Embassy in Abu Dhabi: I checked online and it looks scary - many lost their passports or it took them several months to get it. I can't afford that since I am a consultant.

Any advice? anyone of you had Abu Dhabi a the visa office? how did it go?

Thanks.

ehb

Feb 4, 2017
Also, in the required document to be submitted alor the passports / pictures, they are requiring me to send them a confirmed travel itinerary/ticket. Is that the case for everybody? what does it mean exactly? do I have to buy the flights or just share with them the date I am planning to arrive in Canada without buying yet?

See below.
-------------------------
Primary Visa Office: Abu Dhabi

2- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

You must only submit items marked with g. For instructions and additional details on the required item(s), please refer to the corresponding section/paragraph on page 4, under RELATED INFORMATION.

g Original passport(s), only if applicable.
g Two (2) Passport Photos
c Original Police Certificate from <Country> for <Name>.
g Confirmed travel itinerary/ticket for your travel to Canada matching the following name(s):
c Other:

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline is similar with the same additonal docs request. Submission date is 14th jan. BG is at Not needed. Congrats on your PPR.
Are you CEC , PNP or FSW ??

ehb said:
Thanks for leading this - this is very helpful. Please add me to the spreadsheet:
Visa office of Abu Dhabi

I currently have to send the passports (wife and myself) to the visa office. The email received provides 2 options: either sending directly to the Canadian Embassy or to a VAC (Visa application center) with VFS (private company that manages admin staff). There are few issue:
(1) The email says that the preferred option is VAC. When I checked the process n the VFS website, they ask for fees payment through bank drafts issued in AED. How can I do that While I am living in Bahrain? also, they talk about additional documents such as application forms and checklist but I can't find on their website. Can anyone clarify?
(2) If I opt for sending directly to the Embassy in Abu Dhabi: I checked online and it looks scary - many lost their passports or it took them several months to get it. I can't afford that since I am a consultant.

Thanks.

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
lifeisgood99 said:
Thanx a lot !!! is there any way to know that we have competed the R10 CHECK apart frm GCMS notes ?
If your work permit is expiring in 4 months, you can apply a BOWP with your ITA AOR online, if the BOWP shows "on HOLD" in mycic account, it means the R10 is waiting to be OK.
When R10 is ok, BOWP will be issued(I got mine in one month right after AOR)

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahad04 said:
I guess not! Sorry for the negativity but those who are getting PPR from November AOR are mostly CEC/FSW & Inland applicants. A large number of PNP-Outlands are still waiting!

Thanks
i agree, i was not thinking with brain rather from my heart :)
positivity and hope...allows you to last longer......though as raj said,if nothing else the rate at which its going now is a positive sign. (fingerscrossed for everyone)

lifeisgood99

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
andrewhl said:
If your work permit is expiring in 4 months, you can apply a BOWP with your ITA AOR online, if the BOWP shows "on HOLD" in mycic account, it means the R10 is waiting to be OK.
When R10 is ok, BOWP will be issued(I got mine in one month right after AOR)
Hii.. I am on LMIA and my work permit will expire in september... Is their any way i can know that i have completed R10 check ?

Canadalover11

Jan 23, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hello!

Express Entry applicants who have submitted e-APR in November 2016 - Let's connect and share!
Hi Can you please add me up in the spreadsheet i am november 11,2016 applicant.

Eapr Submitted 11th Nov,2016
Medical Passed 12th Nov,2016 after that no change.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ehb said:
Visa office of Abu Dhabi

Thanks.
ehb said:
Also, in the required document to be submitted alor the passports / pictures, they are requiring me to send them a confirmed travel itinerary/ticket. Is that the case for everybody? what does it mean exactly? do I have to buy the flights or just share with them the date I am planning to arrive in Canada without buying yet?

See below.
-------------------------
Primary Visa Office: Abu Dhabi

2- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

You must only submit items marked with g. For instructions and additional details on the required item(s), please refer to the corresponding section/paragraph on page 4, under RELATED INFORMATION.

g Original passport(s), only if applicable.
g Two (2) Passport Photos
c Original Police Certificate from <Country> for <Name>.
g Confirmed travel itinerary/ticket for your travel to Canada matching the following name(s):
c Other:
ehb said:
Is there any fee one should pay before sending passports to the visa office?
ehb said:
FSW applicant
Please post your question in the December thread and if you would like, get yourself added to the December spreadsheet.

Link -->

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t462995.0.html