+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Ok, my medical also expires but they haven't said anything to re-do the medical.
My medical also expires on Nov 11. But they haven't asked me to redo yet.

I have a theory regarding the expiration date. The expiration date is not based on our upfront medical paper. I think it's a year from the "last medical assessment on file":
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/valid.asp
The exact quotes from the link says, "Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate."

So my theory is the date you passed the medicals will be used to calculate the expiration date. In my case, it was Dec 12, 2016. But around August of this year, the status changed again to "We are reviewing your medical exam." It then changed back to "You passed the medical exam on August 24.

Here is my guess even though it could be wrong. I wonder the expiration date will be a year from August 24, 2017 based on the wording from the link above.

Again, this is just a guess. I might be wrong. The only way to know for sure is call them and ask them (if anybody on this forum has, please correct me).

Or do you think it's the date the doctor uploaded the results?

Last edited:

Aali005

May 5, 2017
My medical also expires on Nov 11. But they haven't asked me to redo yet.

I have a theory regarding the expiration date. The expiration date is not based on our upfront medical paper. I think it's a year from the "last medical assessment on file":
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/valid.asp
The exact quotes from the link says, "Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate."

So my theory is the date you passed the medicals will be used to calculate the expiration date. In my case, it was Dec 12, 2016. But around August of this year, the status changed again to "We are reviewing your medical exam." It then changed back to "You passed the medical exam on August 24.

Here is my guess even though it could be wrong. I wonder the expiration date will be a year from August 24, 2017 based on the wording from the link above.

Again, this is just a guess. I might be wrong. The only way to know for sure is call them and ask them (if anybody on this forum has, please correct me).

Or do you think it's the date the doctor uploaded the results?
Your theory could be right and I've seen in my last GCMS notes(issued May 2017) that medical validity 9th Nov 2017. Now I've no idea if it's been reviewed like yours in any month but it says medical passed at the moment.
Are you stuck in SS or eligibility review?

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Your theory could be right and I've seen in my last GCMS notes(issued May 2017) that medical validity 9th Nov 2017. Now I've no idea if it's been reviewed like yours in any month but it says medical passed at the moment.
Are you stuck in SS or eligibility review?
I don't know where I am stuck. I haven't got my GCMS notes yet. I should get them in a week or so.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
I don't know where I am stuck. I haven't got my GCMS notes yet. I should get them in a week or so.
I got my GCMS notes today. It looks like they asked CBSA to do security screening.

I noticed that my medical validity is now 2018/09/06. So it's consistent with my status updates around August.

Last edited:

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I got my GCMS notes today. It looks like they asked CBSA to do security screening.

I noticed that my medical validity is now 2018/09/06. So it's consistent with my status updates around August.
Does it say what date your security screening was started?

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
I also received gcms yesterday. Both me and my wife are in SS and there is no date. We have both 3 SS entries with the first one not started but with no date.