Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Guys, when u r writing days - write ur visa offices as well!

This is Ottawa, PNP-Outlander - 174th Day! By this Friday, for sure I am going to receive PPR!
How can you be so sure? :D

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I am still waiting too
PNP outland - AOR Nov 25th - Cairo visa office

I called the call center today and the agent told me that security is still not started!!!! Knowing that eligibility status is recommend passed according to last gcms notes (Mar 27th) but there isn't any note from the local visa office.
Is it possible that some visa offices don't update information on the gcms? I mean if they really didn't perform any type of background check till now!!!
I don't understand one thing, you and I are in the exact same situation except that you're a PNPO and I'm a FSWO, howcome your file got transferred to Cairo VO in a month and mine remained in Ottawa until -as far as I know- now? could my file be processed from A to Z in Ottawa VO or must it get transferred to the local VO eventually?

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
my 6 months processing time is complete.
My file is at NDVO. GCMS notes says approved and request visa on april 12, no update after that.
is there anyway to contact NDVO??

nulife

Jun 14, 2017
I don't understand one thing, you and I are in the exact same situation except that you're a PNPO and I'm a FSWO, howcome your file got transferred to Cairo VO in a month and mine remained in Ottawa until -as far as I know- now? could my file be processed from A to Z in Ottawa VO or must it get transferred to the local VO eventually?
Yes, I even need to confirm whether file can be processed completely at CPC OTTAWA? Or for sure it needs to be transferred to local VO of your country? All the cases (here at this forum) did get transferred to local VO from CPC OTTAWA. I haven't came across any case which was processed completely at CPC OTTAWA for a FSWO applicant.

Through CSE, I got a reply that your file is in progress at CPC OTTAWA. It also mentioned that it is normal for a file to be transferred from CPC OTTAWA to local visa office of applicant's country of residence / citizenship.

Therefore, I am confident that it will take some more time (may be some months).

nulife

Jun 14, 2017
How can I be successful in contacting an agent (an human)????

I am an FSWO applicant.

What is the phone number to call?
What options to choose?
What's the best time to call? ( In terms of Eastern time)

I have never been successful in getting an agent (human !!!!) on +16139444000.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Yes, I even need to confirm whether file can be processed completely at CPC OTTAWA? Or for sure it needs to be transferred to local VO of your country? All the cases (here at this forum) did get transferred to local VO from CPC OTTAWA. I haven't came across any case which was processed completely at CPC OTTAWA for a FSWO applicant.

Through CSE, I got a reply that your file is in progress at CPC OTTAWA. It also mentioned that it is normal for a file to be transferred from CPC OTTAWA to local visa office of applicant's country of residence / citizenship.

Therefore, I am confident that it will take some more time (may be some months).
Makes sense. Guess I still got a few more months to wait

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
So we have Heathcliff77, nulife, hb_rashidy, GamerBird, AmBiNa, Sammoe, and myself. Which means there are seven of us finding ourselves in this terrible situation. Let us keep each other posted if and when we get any updates related to our applications.
There are certainly more of us than I first imagined. So aside from the seven of us I have mentioned in my above message, we have Ahmad Shqair, InspiredC, Cybersiju, Nomik, TonyKaram123, Ronakshah, H O N E S T, Frankiefun, Voamireghost, and lastly, Girish979.

That is 10, on top of the 7 mentioned earlier, we have 17 members here from November whose applications have taken longer than 6 months.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
So, a few hours after my own post, I received the golden email and I'm so thrilled! Good luck to everyone, I think from now own it's a matter of days or a few weeks for everyone to get it. Take care!
Congratulations Nomik! I am very happy for you and wish you all the best. I hope we too will receive it soon.

Counting you out from the list, there are now 16 applicants from November in this state of limbo.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Yes, let's keep each other posted for any update. I am pretty sure that it is just a matter of time and we all will get PPR soon! Keep living your life as usual and and as normal... enjoy your time, because moments gone will never come back. Cheers!
Agreed! We have to do our best to keep ourselves busy with other daily activities and hope we will receive the golden email sooner than later.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
I am still waiting too
PNP outland - AOR Nov 25th - Cairo visa office

I called the call center today and the agent told me that security is still not started!!!! Knowing that eligibility status is recommend passed according to last gcms notes (Mar 27th) but there isn't any note from the local visa office.
Is it possible that some visa offices don't update information on the gcms? I mean if they really didn't perform any type of background check till now!!!
Mine was the same as yours. I have heard that even when the GCMS note states that security has not started, in reality, a security check is already underway but for some reason it doesn't show on the GCMS report. Therefore, we can safely assume they are already checking security for both of us, though how much longer it will take, that we cannot guess!

Reactions: H O N E S T

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Dear members, I'm following this thread since long, may be over couple of months, but thought to comment as very less of Nov applicants are left behind in this discussion. AOR is Nov 2, 2016, PNP EE. Background check in processing over 1 month. London Visa Office. Fingers crossed, never ordered GCMS notes. Now seriously thinking to order one.
Indeed, there are not many of us left here, but I think we should make an effort to post occasionally and keep each other informed about our statuses, at least so that we don't feel very lonely about how things are going for us. I wish you all the best.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
WOW.

We're way more than I imagined, I thought there'd be like 2 or 3 people from November left but looks like a few from Oct are waiting as well.

Well. I'm Egyptian residing in Egypt, Ottawa VO, FSWO, got transferred once to Centralized intake office then back to Ottawa, passed everything except security in a record 18 days after AOR, and been in limbo since. In January they requested travel details (I have none) and military service details, and since Jan 12th I heard nothing.
Obviously for a Muslim Middle Eastern with a past military service I expected a delay but not this much :S, I have a friend who applied a year before me in the exact same situation and got his PPR in 5 and a half months, I guess since the dramatic drop in cut off scores and the increased number of ITAs the workload on the IRCC and CSIS has caused this much delay to the unlucky people like us.

I ordered one set of GCMS notes mid April and received them May 10th, and the first page said my file was last updated April 8th, with everything passed except security and its gone to security screening, but unfortunately all the details and even the dates of security and security screening were redacted so I have no idea how long I will still wait.
Ordered another set of GCMS less than a week ago like I said earlier.

Let's all keep each other updated, wish you all the best and PPRs soon.
Heath, thank you for sharing that information. Indeed being from the Middle East seems to be the one common factor that is affecting most (thou not all) of us. I am from (Kurdistan of) Iraq, Tony is from Lebanon, you are from Egypt, I think one of the other applicants is from Saudi Arabia. This could be the reason causing delay (and not necessarily military service as I don't have any and I've never worked in a governmental institution).

Let's hope we will hear some good news in the near future.

Raghu_21

May 26, 2017
Hi All,
I am in the EE pool with 475 points.
As per the recent trends, I feel I will get an ITA soon. I have arranged the Police Certificate and done with medicals.Also, I have my employer reference letters ready.
My doubt is regarding the proof of funds. I dont have the reqired balance in my account. I am planning to get a "GIFT DEED" from my father into my savings account. Has anyone done this successfully? I would like a few suggestions on this matter.
Please help me out.
Thanks in advance.

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
So, a few hours after my own post, I received the golden email and I'm so thrilled! Good luck to everyone, I think from now own it's a matter of days or a few weeks for everyone to get it. Take care!
Congratulations.. All the best..