+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
adambob123 said:
Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all the people on this forum, especially people in this thread. I have been a silent reader of this thread for the past nearly three months. Today, I called CIC agent (after waiting for slightly more than 20 minutes on phone), I was told that my application was approved. Even though I haven't got PPR yet, the agent told me it's just a matter of time. Maybe I will see it in the following couple of days. So, just like others, I am more than happy to keep the tradition to share with you my timeline, and the information I think might be useful as well.

CATAGORY: EE-FSW INLAND
AOR: NOV. 14, 2016
MED PASS: DEC. 08, 2016
BG IP (1): DEC. 08, 2016
BG NN: JAN. 25, 2017
BG IP(2): FEB. 08, 2017
being told that application approved: FEB 10, 2017

GCMS NOTES
I applied for one on JAN. 10, 2017. The notes was generated on the 20th of the same month, and I received it on early FEB. By the time I read the notes, I realized that I applied too early. The only useful info. in my notes is that they have checked my criminality history with RCMP and US, and found nothing (they used the term "NRT no recordable traces"). Eligibility check just started on Dec. 18th. On the same day, education check was done. But after that till the notes were generated, nothing happens. In my notes, nothing confirms that R10 or 11.2 were complete.

If you compare my notes releasing time with my timeline, you might notice that the best time to apply for the first notes might be after BG changed from IP(1) to NN. Because this change actually means some important progress has been made. In my case, it probabily means the eligibility has been completed. (This is just my personal experience, may not be true in your case.)

Since I am an inlander, I could call CIC service center fairly easy through the number 1-888-242-2100 after BG changed to IP(2). Like I said, I waited on line for more than 20 minutes to get an agent to answer my call. But it is worth waiting. I got the info. that is not available on CIC online account.

Just one more reminder, during the call waiting period, CIC automated voice reminded me that they wouldn't use this number(1-888-242-2100) to give any applicant's call, so if anybody had a call from this number, and pretended themselves to be CIC officials/agents, this is probabily a fraud. Be aware and be careful.

Finally, my sepecial thanks again go to Raj. I have followed closely your answers to others. For me, some of the answers are of great value. And I also like to thank vishal23489 and gsssshmu. You two have very similar timelines to mine. Your kind share of the timelines make me less anxious and worry about my own application.

I will continue to follow this thread. If there is any info. that you need from me and I didn't make it clear, please let me know and I will be happy to explain.

Thanks again and hope every one has a speedy PPR!
First of all congratulation! I was wondering did you live in USA so that's why they were checking criminality there or do they check that for everyone? If they do check for everyone maybe that's why processing time is much longer.

adambob123

Feb 10, 2017
beogradjanin1 said:
First of all congratulation! I was wondering did you live in USA so that's why they were checking criminality there or do they check that for everyone? If they do check for everyone maybe that's why processing time is much longer.
nope, I never been to the US even though I do have a US visitor visa. I was also surprised that they checked my BG in the US. had no idea if this is for everyone. might need senior member to explain.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
adambob123 said:
nope, I never been to the US even though I do have a US visitor visa. I was also surprised that they checked my BG in the US. had no idea if this is for everyone. might need senior member to explain.
Maybe because you have US visa in your passport. Just wondering if they are checking that for each applicant it would take forever to finish all this.

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
beogradjanin1 said:
I think it's part of security check not criminality. When I got my GCMS notes, my criminality was passed. But I see they are communicating with the US to share my information. And it's still ongoing. My status for that information sharing is : Sent - Partner. It will eventually turn to NRT when they are done because I know I don't have bad record with the USA. I don't live there either but I have a US visa and always cross the border to do some shopping when I was living in Vancouver, BC, because I was living close to the border. I have also crossed the border now in Ontario but just to see the US side of the Niagara falls.

So, I would say, this is not part of criminality but security. As my criminality has passed based on my PCC and the RCMP investigation they did on my behalf. But this info sharing is still ongoing for me.

However, I don't know if this info share with the US is done for all applicants or for only applicants that have been to the USA or hold USA visa.

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
adambob123 said:
Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all the people on this forum, especially people in this thread. I have been a silent reader of this thread for the past nearly three months. Today, I called CIC agent (after waiting for slightly more than 20 minutes on phone), I was told that my application was approved. Even though I haven't got PPR yet, the agent told me it's just a matter of time. Maybe I will see it in the following couple of days. So, just like others, I am more than happy to keep the tradition to share with you my timeline, and the information I think might be useful as well.

GCMS NOTES
I applied for one on JAN. 10, 2017. The notes was generated on the 20th of the same month, and I received it on early FEB. By the time I read the notes, I realized that I applied too early. The only useful info. in my notes is that they have checked my criminality history with RCMP and US, and found nothing (they used the term "NRT no recordable traces"). Eligibility check just started on Dec. 18th. On the same day, education check was done. But after that till the notes were generated, nothing happens. In my notes, nothing confirms that R10 or 11.2 were complete.

If you compare my notes releasing time with my timeline, you might notice that the best time to apply for the first notes might be after BG changed from IP(1) to NN. Because this change actually means some important progress has been made. In my case, it probabily means the eligibility has been completed. (This is just my personal experience, may not be true in your case.)

Since I am an inlander, I could call CIC service center fairly easy through the number 1-888-242-2100 after BG changed to IP(2). Like I said, I waited on line for more than 20 minutes to get an agent to answer my call. But it is worth waiting. I got the info. that is not available on CIC online account.

Just one more reminder, during the call waiting period, CIC automated voice reminded me that they wouldn't use this number(1-888-242-2100) to give any applicant's call, so if anybody had a call from this number, and pretended themselves to be CIC officials/agents, this is probabily a fraud. Be aware and be careful.

Finally, my sepecial thanks again go to Raj. I have followed closely your answers to others. For me, some of the answers are of great value. And I also like to thank vishal23489 and gsssshmu. You two have very similar timelines to mine. Your kind share of the timelines make me less anxious and worry about my own application.

I will continue to follow this thread. If there is any info. that you need from me and I didn't make it clear, please let me know and I will be happy to explain.

Thanks again and hope every one has a speedy PPR!
Congratulations and good luck! Thank you for sharing this information. Could you please tell with which agent you talked? Because I see i am the only one who didn't get anything from the agent but wait for 6 months

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016

Sal90

Feb 1, 2017
FeelGoodNic said:
Just received my PPR email! I can't believe it! ;D

Here is my timeline so far, if anyone is curious. Feel free to add to spreadsheet also:
CEC - Inland (+ 1 dependent: spouse)
ITA: October 19th
AOR: November 20th
Meds Passed: Approx Jan 10th, but didn't receive a mail, so not quite sure.
BG Check In Progress (1): Approx Jan 10th
Request for docs- IMM5662 travel history: Jan 25th
Submission of requested docs: Jan 28th
BG Check Not Needed At this Time: Jan 29th
BG Check In Progress (2): Feb 3rd
PPR: Feb 8th

Going to send passport copies and photos tomorrow. Is there anything that can go wrong/cause a refusal or cancellation at this point or can we assume that we'll definitely get our PR?? I was so happy when I saw the mail but my partner is concerned and says he won't be able to relax until we have the COPR.
Hi! First of all congratulations!
May I ask the details of the envelopes you used to send your passport andwhich size of prepaid envelope did you included to get it back? It doesnt say in the PPR letter, so im not sure.
Thanks.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adambob123 said:
Hi everyone,

congratulations....please revert back when you get PPR email, i have added other details to excel but i would wait for you to revert back with PPR date

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sal90 said:
Hi! First of all congratulations!
May I ask the details of the envelopes you used to send your passport andwhich size of prepaid envelope did you included to get it back? It doesnt say in the PPR letter, so im not sure.
Thanks.
i am neither inland nor was required to send passport (visa exempt country) but my PPR explicitly saidsomething like size that accommodates A4 size paper or some similar text.

Sal90

Feb 1, 2017
anti_maniac said:
i am neither inland nor was required to send passport (visa exempt country) but my PPR explicitly saidsomething like size that accommodates A4 size paper or some similar text.
Yeah thanks,

This is what my letter says:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9
DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

Thats why im unsure. Thanks anyway :)
Congrats again

AmeyaN

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
Doc's Request.
30-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
27-02-2017
UReginahopeful said:
I think it's part of security check not criminality. When I got my GCMS notes, my criminality was passed. But I see they are communicating with the US to share my information. And it's still ongoing. My status for that information sharing is : Sent - Partner. It will eventually turn to NRT when they are done because I know I don't have bad record with the USA. I don't live there either but I have a US visa and always cross the border to do some shopping when I was living in Vancouver, BC, because I was living close to the border. I have also crossed the border now in Ontario but just to see the US side of the Niagara falls.

So, I would say, this is not part of criminality but security. As my criminality has passed based on my PCC and the RCMP investigation they did on my behalf. But this info sharing is still ongoing for me.

However, I don't know if this info share with the US is done for all applicants or for only applicants that have been to the USA or hold USA visa.
Yes, the same case is with us, we are PNP-O Nov AOR applicant and this week my wife received mail from US consulate in Vancouver to provide passport stamps which would prove that she had crossed the US border on specific date and exit the country...cause she stayed in Vancouver and used to travel to US on visit visa by land border... Which stage of checking is this..

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
My background changed to In progress for the second time when i checked this morning...i wonder if they are working on Saturday as well because it was not needed till yesterday night

Hope to get a good news soon