Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
quote author=sushsub link=topic=459415.msg5748451#msg5748451 date=1486018594]I thought that they will give the status of the application only after 180 days. Was it not the case?
[/quote]

No, you can call them anytime. but it makes sense to call them post 2.5 or 3 months. I got my notes on 19.01.2017 generated on 23.12.2016, therefore I called them to know that whether my file has been moved since then. Unfortunately nothing major has been done since then. Also I waited for 20 minutes to get through this call to them.

Anun

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 nov 2016
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
26 oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 nov 2016
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16 nov 2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
InshaaAllah soon
LANDED..........
-
Valentineds said:
Here is the number for IRCC
0188 242 2100

Try calling between 23:00 -00:00 hrs GST, you will get through easily.

I called them through gmail:hangout.

You can also you Magicjack( never tried it though).

Do not mention the origin of country where you are calling or they will ask you to call your local immigration office.( if not Canada)
Thanks☺

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
sushsub said:
I thought that they will give the status of the application only after 180 days. Was it not the case?
Exactly, we are not supposed to contact them asking for status before the normal processing time of 6 months, otherwise we're bound to hear nonsense such as "PNP will take at least 6 months". You don't have to look far to see that this is nonsense, just look at this thread, tyzia is PNP-O applicant and got PPR within 3 months of AOR.

They do this on purpose to refrain people whose application has not crossed the 6 month line from contacting them.

The message here is quite simple, want to find out about your application before the 6 month mark spend some money and get GCMS notes, don't bug the IRCC attendant.

Surbhigurpreet said:
No, you can call them anytime. but it makes sense to call them post 2.5 or 3 months. I got my notes on 19.01.2017 generated on 23.12.2016, therefore I called them to know that whether my file has been moved since then. Unfortunately nothing major has been done since then. Also I waited for 20 minutes to get through this call to them.
Sorry friend, but I respectfully disagree... You can call them any time with general queries such as "How do I apply for a WP", etc. but for status on you application (be it EE PR, WP, etc.) you should wait for the normal processing time to call and ask, I mean just look at the CSE guidelines:

You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
Fact is, they really don't want every anxious PR applicant calling them every week, they've said it takes 6 months and it's fair to expect us to wait that long before we start draining their call center resources with the same question every day "How is my application?"...

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
g126 said:
Exactly, we are not supposed to contact them asking for status before the normal processing time of 6 months, otherwise we're bound to hear nonsense such as "PNP will take at least 6 months". You don't have to look far to see that this is nonsense, just look at this thread, tyzia is PNP-O applicant and got PPR within 3 months of AOR.

They do this on purpose to refrain people whose application has not crossed the 6 month line from contacting them.

The message here is quite simple, want to find out about your application before the 6 month mark spend some money and get GCMS notes, don't bug the IRCC attendant.
g126, it seems you are sorted in your own way... but everybody is trying to find out a way by which they can peep into the status of their application. the anxiety goes to other level when we read the stories like the one written by JOSH. Nothing is 'nonsense' when you are trying to get to know how your future is shaping up, more importantly how you will shape the future of your loved ones. I have to prepare a lot before being there hence I a eagerly waiting for it. Please dont use words like nonsense everyone has its own story and urgency. We cannot change anything but we can prepare for future in a better way.... Sorry we are looking stupid infront of your wisdom.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Surbhigurpreet said:
g126, it seems you are sorted in your own way... but everybody is trying to find out a way by which they can peep into the status of their application. the anxiety goes to other level when we read the stories like the one written by JOSH. Nothing is 'nonsense' when you are trying to get to know how your future is shaping up, more importantly how you will shape the future of your loved ones. I have to prepare a lot before being there hence I a eagerly waiting for it. Please dont use words like nonsense everyone has its own story and urgency. We cannot change anything but we can prepare for future in a better way.... Sorry we are looking stupid infront of your wisdom.
No you misunderstood me... I'm not sorted in anyway, in fact I'm struggling with myself on when to order my GCMS notes... I want to do it today... but I know I should wait for a few more weeks.. it's infuriating. :p

I'm just pointing out that their policy is only to give status information when the file has passed the 6 month mark, which is the normal processing time... so anything you get before that is not necessary going to make sense... hence nonsense...

The fact is, when the attendant tells you that PNP will take at least 6 months but you colleague (who is a PNP) has just had PPR in 3 months then what do you call that? To me that's nonsense... in the sense that they're are just telling you anything so that you'll stop calling them.

I don't mean you're talking nonsense, in fact you deserve thanks for bringing this information to the forum. And please don't take offense to the word nonsense, as to me it just means something that makes no sense or not entirely true.

Anyway like Raj has said plenty of times - expect 6 months, anything less is a bonus!

Good luck and speedy PPR.

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
g126 said:
No you misunderstood me... I'm not sorted in anyway, in fact I'm struggling with myself on when to order my GCMS notes... I want to do it today... but I know I should wait for a few more weeks.. it's infuriating. :p

I'm just pointing out that their policy is only to give status information when the file has passed the 6 month mark, which is the normal processing time... so anything you get before that is not necessary going to make sense... hence nonsense...

The fact is, when the attendant tells you that PNP will take at least 6 months but you colleague (who is a PNP) has just had PPR in 3 months then what do you call that? To me that's nonsense... in the sense that they're are just telling you anything so that you'll stop calling them.

I don't mean you're talking nonsense, in fact you deserve thanks for bringing this information to the forum. And please don't take offense to the word nonsense, as to me it just means something that makes no sense or not entirely true.

Anyway like Raj has said plenty of times - expect 6 months, anything less is a bonus!

if they have given numbers and options to find the status of our applications, I don't think that they have an option to avoid such calls. The fact that they actually give you absolutely correct information on such calls is clear that we have this right to call them. I have ordered notes in past and will do the same in future but for in between this call has given me an idea to correctly time my next order for GCMS notes. I was planning to order in mid February but now that I know no decision has been made yet on eligibility I have deferred the same for about 15 days or a month. So, everybody has a reason to call them as a matter of there right and also requirement.
Best of luck to you too

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
g126 said:

Sorry friend, but I respectfully disagree... You can call them any time with general queries such as "How do I apply for a WP", etc. but for status on you application (be it EE PR, WP, etc.) you should wait for the normal processing time to call and ask, I mean just look at the CSE guidelines:

Fact is, they really don't want every anxious PR applicant calling them every week, they've said it takes 6 months and it's fair to expect us to wait that long before we start draining their call center resources with the same question every day "How is my application?"...
Surbhigurpreet said:
g126 said:

The information that was posted was useful however, I wanted to bring this up in the morning itself. I just didn't do it because it might spark an unwanted discussion.

Actually, I tend to agree with g126 because :

1) They've asked not to call us when our applications are in within the regular processing time frame.
2) Applicants who have crossed the 6 months timeline might be trying to call the officers and they might not be able to reach an officer because one of us (who is well within the time frame) is asking questions regarding the application/
3) Consider yourself lucky if you get substantial amount of information on the phone - most attendants do NOT give you any information over the call. You have the liberty of ordering GCMS notes how many ever times you want.

Please don't consider me partial/biased - I am putting down these points based on the posts of other applicants (I have not heard anyone calling IRCC for a status update before the 6 month mark before in my close-to-three-year-tenure here.

Peace - I sincerely hope we all receive the golden e-mails soon! All the very best!

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
rajkamalmohanram said:
The information that was posted was useful however, I wanted to bring this up in the morning itself. I just didn't do it because it might spark an unwanted discussion.

Actually, I tend to agree with g126 because :

1) They've asked not to call us when our applications are in within the regular processing time frame.
2) Applicants who have crossed the 6 months timeline might be trying to call the officers and they might not be able to reach an officer because one of us (who is well within the time frame) is asking questions regarding the application/
3) Consider yourself lucky if you get substantial amount of information on the phone - most attendants do NOT give you any information over the call. You have the liberty of ordering GCMS notes how many ever times you want.

Please don't consider me partial/biased - I am putting down these points based on the posts of other applicants (I have not heard anyone calling IRCC for a status update before the 6 month mark before in my close-to-three-year-tenure here.

Peace - I sincerely hope we all receive the golden e-mails soon! All the very best!
Your comment is always appreciated and so do I do it today.. But it has personally helped me in deciding the time to place order for my GCMS notes. The executive actually helped me in telling me the status and therefore I wanted everybody to know that if they are planning their notes then first they should call so that if the initial check of an application is not completed there is no point ordering notes. More so, as around this time we all are reaching 3 months mark and we all would like to order notes.
Again stating that I have delayed my decision to call for my noted in 14 feb( my application touches three months mark) for further 15 days. I will next time I have my notes, my eligibility is done.

Best of luck my friends.

DSWalia

Mar 6, 2016
Hi Raj,

Please add me in the Nov eAPR sheet.

FSW-O
ITA : 19th Oct 2016
eAPR: 22nd Nov 2016
AOR: 22nd Nov 2016
Medical Status: Passed on 24th Nov 2016
BG Status change:

NS>>IP on 24th Nov 2016
IP>>NN on 25th Nov 2016

PA+ Dependents: 3
Country of Residence: India

No other update since November 25th 2016. Ordered GCMS notes from GCMSNow.com on 2nd Feb 2017

Thanks.

Please suggest what could be the first change of BG Check status to IP mean. I mean is it a normal trend to get the status changed to IP within 2-3 days of AOR and then back to NN so soon. I am yet to receive request for RPRF Fee.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Being a CEC-Outland applicant, I don't think I can order GCMS notes, can I?

ryanrf

Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems the updates have slowed down greatly now a days...

Anyway I wanted to get feedback on doing some distance (online) course from Canada while we wait for updates. Whether they will be useful, since only Canadian certificates are counted once there. Has anyone done this, which ones would be good to consider etc.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
Being a CEC-Outland applicant, I don't think I can order GCMS notes, can I?
Not by yourself. Only PR holders and Canadian citizens can.

Ranveer.35

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, applying after 2.5 months is fine too. My intention is to check the status of A11.2/Eligibility. Finding out about Security is a long shot (It always says NOT STARTED) however, if you see s.15(1) on the page that talks about the security checks (and if a portion of that page is redacted), then it might mean that the security checks are done and application is awaiting a final review (This is according to eagle333 who seems to have a lot of experience with deciphering the content of GCMS notes).
In my case, Already 2.5 months have gone. So, Should I apply GCMS or should I wait for more 15 days ?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Dedicated said:
Not by yourself. Only PR holders and Canadian citizens can.
I thought even those who were simply residents on some permit in Canada could also order GCMS notes; that it didn't have to be a PR or a citizen.