Review of eligibility:Review in Progress
Review of medical results:Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview:Not needed at this time
A background check is needed:Not needed at this time
Final decision:Not Started

Applied for GCMS notes on Jan-9th

Annoyed without any update...
Well you are too early to apply for GCMS. (I did the same).

you should get medicals passed and no additional documents required status soon. Also, your background check will change to in progress soon as well.

But good luck buddy!

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pumpkinphd said:
FSW Inland
ITA: Oct-19th 2016
eAOR: Nov-28th 2016
Application/profile status:Open
Review of medical results:Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
A background check is needed:Not needed at this time

Applied for GCMS notes on Jan-9th

Annoyed without any update...
Don't worry I am from Nov 24, still waiting ::)

Esha Sri

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SNS76 said:
Don't worry I am from Nov 24, still waiting ::)
I completely understand your frustration. I am still waiting in the queue, AOR - Nov 18th. No updates so far.

Esha

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
sodapop123 said:
Thanks Raj & Anshul for weighing in with your opinions. Highly appreciate it. I just made a call and found out the process and timeliness for my india passport renewal here in the US. I could potentially submit for renewal and have the new PP by feb 17th (1 month - added in a couple of contingency days for delays).

Just wanted to share to check if this changes either of your opinions, based on my BG change to IP (FSW outland) on jan 17th ?

Also, based on your responses & my research, it seems like the only PP validity requirement for CIC is min. 6 months at time of PPR submission, but no requirement at time of short/permanent landing. So unless I'm way off in my understanding, i could potentially keep my current one and get it permanently renewed in Canada, if I'm lucky enough to move there later this year (lets assume september permanent move with my PP expiring in jan 2018, so < 6 months validity left)
Yes CIC requires PP to be valid for at least 6 months at the time of PPR. So as I said before you should be fine to wait and then renew it once you land in Canada (assuming everything goes according to the plan).

Good luck

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhasha1 said:
So it's free for people living in Canada and it's not $5 for someone who is not in Canada. There is some other way to apply for gcms which costs $25 - 30.
The "some other way" is for outland applicants who do not have friends/family in Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhasha1 said:
Well you are too early to apply for GCMS. (I did the same).

you should get medicals passed and no additional documents required status soon. Also, your background check will change to in progress soon as well.

But good luck buddy!
I agree. The updates that you expect to see might not be there if you order too early.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW Inland

Finally got an update

ITA: 2nd November 2016
AOR: 25th Nov 2016
Application/profile status:Open
Review of medical results:passed (17th Jan)
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents needed
A background check is needed:From Not Needed on 17th Jan to Not Started today

Please update my application status in the November e-APR tracker

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was confused about not having provided a police certificate for a city I lived in for my studies and later for work (4 years 6 months). Do I need to worry still if they might reject the app because of it? I am from Pakistan but inland

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
veritas said:
I was confused about not having provided a police certificate for a city I lived in for my studies and later for work (4 years 6 months). Do I need to worry still if they might reject the app because of it? I am from Pakistan but inland
If your PCC from PAK is valid for entire country then NO else YES

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Hi all ..
Schedule A was requested and i was given a period of " one week to be recieved by the office"

I have submitted schedule A on same day and till now its showing "provided" but not not recieved ... deadline is up in 2 days !!
Tried calling cic but the lines are not connecting.. agents always busy ! What to do here ??

Thanx

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
eatpraylove said:
Hi all ..
Schedule A was requested and i was given a period of " one week to be recieved by the office"

I have submitted schedule A on same day and till now its showing "provided" but not not recieved ... deadline is up in 2 days !!
Tried calling cic but the lines are not connecting.. agents always busy ! What to do here ??

Thanx
Don't worry,
I guess this is normal. I too submitted my schedule A on Jan 4 and it still says provided and not received. I am sure it will change in a few days

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
eatpraylove said:
Hi all ..

Thanx
This status never changes as cic has stopped changing the additional documents status from provided to received even after you are granted visa and COPR.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
rafzy said:
This status never changes as cic has stopped changing the additional documents status from provided to received even after you are granted visa and COPR.
Its a relief to hear that. Thanx alot