Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
jamezmoran said:
Application approved and closed today :D good luck to everyone else!!
Congrats!

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hi everyone,
I received a scheduke A request yesterday and I submitted thise today. After submission I got anither message from CIC asking for my wife's passport. The thing is her passport expires in May 2017. So CIC have asked for a copy of the renued passport, the one that is valid for at least 6 more months. We have applied for passport renual but wont get it in the next 7 days. Now what should i do? CIC says that if they do not receive the passport by Jan 11 the application might be refused. What should I do?
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone that I was able to sort this problem. I was able to go to the Indian consulate here in Toronto and they issued me the new passport just within an hour. So I have uploaded the new passport on my profile.

Lets hope everything goes smoothly from now on.

Anshul

vickymichael

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone that I was able to sort this problem. I was able to go to the Indian consulate here in Toronto and they issued me the new passport just within an hour. So I have uploaded the new passport on my profile.

Lets hope everything goes smoothly from now on.

Anshul

For Indian passport holders I think we can proceed only through BLS. Are you sure we can directly walk-in for new passport to the Indian Consulate? and did you applied for passport recently & when?. Your response much appreciated!. Thanks in advance.

I need to renewal my passport too and which is expires on August, 2017. I'm submitting for work permit extension in few days with the same passport, and after WP submission thinking to renewal before PPR. Is this good idea guys?

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
vickymichael said:
For Indian passport holders I think we can proceed only through BLS. Are you sure we can directly walk-in for new passport to the Indian Consulate? and did you applied for passport recently & when?. Your response much appreciated!. Thanks in advance.

I need to renewal my passport too and which is expires on August, 2017. I'm submitting for work permit extension in few days with the same passport, and after WP submission thinking to renewal before PPR. Is this good idea guys?
Generally the application is submitted through BLS but in case of emergency you can apply for urgent re-issue (tatkal) and for this you have to go to the consulate. I submitted my application to BLS of Jan 3 then on Jan 4 I got a reply from IRCC for submitting my re-issued passport so got it issued at the consulate. They were very helpful and fast.

vickymichael

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
AnshulAwasthi said:
Generally the application is submitted through BLS but in case of emergency you can apply for urgent re-issue (tatkal) and for this you have to go to the consulate. I submitted my application to BLS of Jan 3 then on Jan 4 I got a reply from IRCC for submitting my re-issued passport so got it issued at the consulate. They were very helpful and fast.
Thank you.

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Hey everyone,

I have a question. Since I spent more than 6 months in the US after I turned 18, I had to get a PCC from the FBI as part of my application, which I submitted almost two months ago. Everything is good up to this point. However, I might have to go to the US for a business trip in February, and that will leave stamps in my passport, which will be requested when PPR comes.

My questions is: when the visa office sees that I traveled to the US between e-APR and PPR, will they request another PPC for the US?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Invicta said:
Hey everyone,

I have a question. Since I spent more than 6 months in the US after I turned 18, I had to get a PCC from the FBI as part of my application, which I submitted almost two months ago. Everything is good up to this point. However, I might have to go to the US for a business trip in February, and that will leave stamps in my passport, which will be requested when PPR comes.

My questions is: when the visa office sees that I traveled to the US between e-APR and PPR, will they request another PPC for the US?
No. After app is submitted, you are free to go anywhere you want.

However, if your app is refused after you visit US, then you need PCC again the next time you apply.

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
rafzy said:
No. After app is submitted, you are free to go anywhere you want.

However, if your app is refused after you visit US, then you need PCC again the next time you apply.
Okay. Thanks for the speedy response!
Then I wonder why the visa office needs to see our passport again. I am from Taiwan so I do not need a visa to visit Canada. I think for PPR I will just have to scan my passport again and upload the electronic file. I thought the point of PPR was so that they could compare my passport at e-APR and at PPR, to see whether I traveled during that time.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Invicta said:
Okay. Thanks for the speedy response!
Then I wonder why the visa office needs to see our passport again. I am from Taiwan so I do not need a visa to visit Canada. I think for PPR I will just have to scan my passport again and upload the electronic file. I thought the point of PPR was so that they could compare my passport at e-APR and at PPR, to see whether I traveled during that time.
Since you are from Visa exempt country, then you just need to upload ur PP biopage and you'll ne good to go !

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a Rookie question but il still ask anyway. Can anyone please tell me the procedure on how to raise a CSE. I am getting Married soon and would like to add my Spouse to my application. Or how would be the best way to go about achieving this

N/B: I suggest we have like a glossary page explaining the full meaning of common abbreviations used on this forum.

Thanks People

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Managerchap said:
This is a Rookie question but il still ask anyway. Can anyone please tell me the procedure on how to raise a CSE. I am getting Married soon and would like to add my Spouse to my application. Or how would be the best way to go about achieving this

N/B: I suggest we have like a glossary page explaining the full meaning of common abbreviations used on this forum.

Thanks People
Here you go -

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

And there is already one such thread for the abbreviations -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.0.html

malican

May 24, 2016
Gunners said:
Application closed and approved.. BG check complete..

Waiting for COPR
Congratulations. What is your timeline? Did you get this update during the night (Canada time)?