File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
7 Nov 2016
shariq123 said:
Got my PPR email today. Here's what it says:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform London immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

I'm based in Riyadh, and the above para now means London is my VO. The total application time from AOR is 1 month and 1 week.

Guys while the PPR letter states that I need to submit my passports to the riyadh VFS office, I noticed a slot has opened up on myCIC portal requesting passport documents. Do i need to upload something in this slot or not because in the letter it mentions that those who are EXEMPT from visa requirements to Canada need to upload passport bio page copies on myCIC. I am NOT EXEMPT from Canadian visa but do I need to upload anything in this slot by 21 Jan 2017??

Below you'll find my timeline.

ITA - 2 Nov 2016
E-Apr - 13 Nov 2016
AOR - 13 Nov 2016
Medicals passed - 16 Nov 2016
Additional documents requested - 16 Nov 2016
Additional documents submitted - 01 Dec 2016

Review of documents submitted:
Provided - 01 Dec 2016

Background check:
Not needed at this time - 13 Nov 2016
Not started - 16 Nov 2016
In progress - 17 Dec 2016

Final decision: Not started

PPR - 20 Dec 2016
Congratulations Habibi!!! as we say in Saudi Arabia

john stark

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
AOR Received.
28-05-2019
Hello Raj, please update this info.. for john stark

- Application submitted on 10 November, 2016
- AOR: Same day (10 November, 2016)
- Medicals: Still not needed at this time
- Review of Eligibility: Review in Progress
- Additional Document: ECA requested 06 December provided on 13 December
- Additional Document: RCMP Record Check requested 16 December
- Interview: Not needed
- Background Check : In Progress
- Final Decision: Not Started

Thank You

john stark

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
AOR Received.
28-05-2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for express entry with PNP-I on 10 nov,,
and I am planning to visit my home country in February for a month or so..,,,
how does this PPR work ....like how much time do they provide you to submit the passport?
Only worry is that is if they provide just one month to submit Passport and then If I get PPR just before leaving Canada and, then will I be in trouble, as I will be in other country for about 1 month?

I will really appreciate your response,
Thanks

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I agree. Generally, inlanders get PPR sooner than most outlanders. Very few outlanders get PPR before the 5 - 6 month mark. However, there are some factors that would delay an application - might have to do with the countries visited, name (may not sound politically correct but there has been a couple of mentions about this on the forum), number of PCCs, prior military/government related work experience among other things.
Just curious... what do you mean by "name"? Like a name from a particular religion?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Dedicated said:
lazybone and guys, is there any info about processing time in Ankara VO? I looked it up but there is only one active thread for Family Sponsorship through Ankara VO on this forum (which is quite different from EE applications I believe). All the other threads on Ankara VO seem to be dead/inactive.
this member might be inactive now but you can follow his timeline to get an idea about Ankara vo processing speed...members name is haznac..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rprf-paid-month-ago-but-ppr-still-pending-connect-here-rprf-in-april-and-may-t428048.105.html

Best wishes!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
john stark said:
Hello everyone,

I have applied for express entry with PNP-I on 10 nov,,
and I am planning to visit my home country in February for a month or so..,,,
how does this PPR work ....like how much time do they provide you to submit the passport?
Only worry is that is if they provide just one month to submit Passport and then If I get PPR just before leaving Canada and, then will I be in trouble, as I will be in other country for about 1 month?

I will really appreciate your response,
Thanks
30 days to submit passport from PPR..

if you get PPR within the time when you are still on vacation...you can email them and request for a VO change to the country where you are at or can also request for an extension...no trouble after you get PPR...infact you will be amazed as to how accommodating they become then... :)

Best wishes! Enjoy your vacation!!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
jammin24 said:
Just curious... what do you mean by "name"? Like a name from a particular religion?
Just for the sake of everyone's clarity-Im just gonna add to what Raj mentioned-

What makes every application unique is the applicant data and the application data

Factors that affect application processing times

applicant data-personal details, travel history(pccs, no of countries travelled), military service,no of dependants
application data- VO processing speed, meds sent in late, workload redistribution, not paying rprf upfront, changing VOs, passport renewal, etc

Best wishes!!

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
SNS76 said:
All the CEC applicant needs more time than the other categories. Current trend is more than a month. I am also a 24th CEC applicant (no news at all :().
Me too a CEC applicant. AOR Nov 18 and a BIG silence after that.

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
No step prior to PPR your passport is required.
U r fresh applicant so I would suggest to initiate steps to get it renewed. Your PR would take at least 4-6 months more. Plan in such a way that u have ur new passport prior to that day.
Thanks Surbhigurpreet. I just wanted to be sure. My application has been rejected once so don't want to take any chances this time.

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
AnshulAwasthi said:
Thanks Surbhigurpreet. I just wanted to be sure. My application has been rejected once so don't want to take any chances this time.
Best of luck anshul. Between what was the reason for rejection

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
Best of luck anshul. Between what was the reason for rejection
When I created my profile, I got 35 points for foreign work experience. You get these points if you have at least 12 months of work experience in the last 10 years. For me counting from the date the profile was created it came to be 10 months instead of 12. Since CIC portal does not does not consider the actual date but instead just the year, it granted me those 35 points. Later the visa office very nicely told me that I should not have got those points and after taking out those 35 points my score was less than the cutoff score, and I had to start all over again. Funny thing is that the lawyer, that we used for our application, fond this mistake before submitting the final application. But they were sure that this wont be an issue and went ahead with the submission. So I ended up loosing over a year in time and a few thousand dollars as the lawyers fees. Hopefully this time there wont be any issues. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you. I see your application is moving ahead nicely at this time. Under which PNP (province) have you applied?

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
AnshulAwasthi said:
When I created my profile, I got 35 points for foreign work experience. You get these points if you have at least 12 months of work experience in the last 10 years. For me counting from the date the profile was created it came to be 10 months instead of 12. Since CIC portal does not does not consider the actual date but instead just the year, it granted me those 35 points. Later the visa office very nicely told me that I should not have got those points and after taking out those 35 points my score was less than the cutoff score, and I had to start all over again. Funny thing is that the lawyer, that we used for our application, fond this mistake before submitting the final application. But they were sure that this wont be an issue and went ahead with the submission. So I ended up loosing over a year in time and a few thousand dollars as the lawyers fees. Hopefully this time there wont be any issues. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you. I see your application is moving ahead nicely at this time. Under which PNP (province) have you applied?
That was sad. Nevertheless u will get this time for sure. Best of luck. I am Nova Scotia PNP applicant.. keeping fingers crossed as these r vital years for all of us and every passing day is important. If u r inland and have any knowledge about Halifax, NS plz share in my PM as going to a small province with family is a cause of concern.thanks and regards

rd160309

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017 and 17-01-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP req on 15-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
Me too a CEC applicant. AOR Nov 18 and a BIG silence after that.
Hopefully all of us will see positive movement in this week and the new year will bring in the great news.