+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR submitted in December 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
viveks said:
How many PRs were issued in 2015 Raj? Any ideas?
You can check the 2015 year-end report -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

You might also want to take a look at the report submitted to the parliament -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report-2016/index.asp

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
I assume they know what they are doing! Canada is a big empty expanse of land!

viveks said:
#49 – December 16, 2016 1,936 497
#50 - December 22, 2016 2,878 475
#51- January 4, 2017 2,902 468
#52- January 11, 2017 3,334 459
#53-January 25, 2017 3,508 453

Look at the ITA trend for the past few draws. I wonder how many of these actually would get converted to PRs. Canada seems like, is going to get very busy!

9700+ ITA in January. Compare to 2016, only 4500 ITA were issued in Jan. Wonder how Feb is going to be. On one hand, its good for aspirants, but will there be employment opportunities for all is a question.

Not to mention the load on Visa Officers :(

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Biggeee said:
I assume they know what they are doing! Canada is a big empty expanse of land!
True ... But notice the two words ... "Empty" and " expanse". I would rather like to hear the words "High Demand for skills" and "less supply" to see a comfortable future.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
Rephrase it however you want, but it is "big" and "empty" though, especially up North! Did I say cold too?

GauravYadav said:
True ... But notice the two words ... "Empty" and " expanse". I would rather like to hear the words "High Demand for skills" and "less supply" to see a comfortable future.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
But I also think it is the best country in the world right now for aspiring immigrants!

GauravYadav said:

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biggeee said:
But I also think it is the best country in the world right now for aspiring immigrants!
Well, let's hope Trudeau and his gang can still hold their offices next election. Once the Conservatives are back in power, they are going to revert everything.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
Sorry to burst your bubble! Check out the facts! The Conservative (at least under Stephen Harper) was actually much more immigrant friendly than Liberals. Just check the CRS score under before Liberals came in. Harper's govt actually expanded immigration from non-EU countries more than any previous govt. Check the facts!

Alexios07 said:
Well, let's hope Trudeau and his gang can still hold their offices next election. Once the Conservatives are back in power, they are going to revert everything.

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
viveks said:
#49 – December 16, 2016 1,936 497
#50 - December 22, 2016 2,878 475
#51- January 4, 2017 2,902 468
#52- January 11, 2017 3,334 459
#53-January 25, 2017 3,508 453

Look at the ITA trend for the past few draws. I wonder how many of these actually would get converted to PRs. Canada seems like, is going to get very busy!

9700+ ITA in January. Compare to 2016, only 4500 ITA were issued in Jan. Wonder how Feb is going to be. On one hand, its good for aspirants, but will there be employment opportunities for all is a question.

Not to mention the load on Visa Officers :(
Sometimes i wonder ... why did they take an year to come back to this historic landmark 453? But very thankful that they did ... although i am not the direct recepient of this gift ... i am still happy for others who have benefited from it today

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Biggeee said:
Rephrase it however you want, but it is "big" and "empty" though, especially up North! Did I say cold too?
Yes you said "cold" too bro .... ooohhhh ... it so chilly ... ) meant in good humor) ... but still love the party and love you all who are part of this memorable journey

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
GauravYadav said:
Sometimes i wonder ... why did they take an year to come back to this historic landmark 453? But very thankful that they did ... although i am not the direct recepient of this gift ... i am still happy for others who have benefited from it today
Mckinsey's CEO advised the canadian government that to keep their economy going they need at least 500K immigrants per year.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biggeee said:
Sorry to burst your bubble! Check out the facts! The Conservative (at least under Stephen Harper) was actually much more immigrant friendly than Liberals. Just check the CRS score under before Liberals came in. Harper's govt actually expanded immigration from non-EU countries more than any previous govt. Check the facts!
Might to send me those facts? IIRC, Conservatives imposed many strict rules on immigration, like ban visa travel from Mexico, increase the time to apply citizenship, increase english requirements, didn't want to accept Syrian refugees, bill C-24 etc.

The CSR score were high because the ITA got cut in half due to the Liberals brought a ton of refugees here.

tonykaram123 said:
Mckinsey's CEO advised the canadian government that to keep their economy going they need at least 500K immigrants per year.
aka cheap labour.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
Refugee programs are different from other immigration programs. One is based on"mercy" "empathy" etc, whereas the other is based purely on economic interest. Thanks to Conservatives, Canada accepted millions of immigrants from Asia (especially Philippines), Africa, etc. Canada is now certain more multicultural than ever. However, when it comes to the issue of citizenship and religious (non-Christian) freedom, then Liberals tend to be more accommodating.

Alexios07 said:
Might to send me those facts? IIRC, Conservatives imposed many strict rules on immigration, like ban visa travel from Mexico, increase the time to apply citizenship, increase english requirements, didn't want to accept Syrian refugees, bill C-24 etc.

The CSR score were high because the ITA got cut in half due to the Liberals brought a ton of refugees here.

aka cheap labour.

US1876

Mar 12, 2016
mgnlky said:
Interesting. It seems like the other US citizens and residents have been forgotten lol
Maybe they'll take mercy on us after the last few days!

It might also be that they are just processing my application in sort of an odd order. I have already applied and gotten rejected once (system miscalculated CRS points)- I haven't gotten a Schedule A request yet, and I should need to fill one out.

Here's to all of us being progress soon!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biggeee said:
Refugee programs are different from other immigration programs. One is based on"mercy" "empathy" etc, whereas the other is based purely on economic interest. Thanks to Conservatives, Canada accepted millions of immigrants from Asia (especially Philippines), Africa, etc. Canada is now certain more multicultural than ever. However, when it comes to the issue of citizenship and religious (non-Christian) freedom, then Liberals tend to be more accommodating.
Still doesn't answer my question on your "Facts". People keep saying refugees don't have any effect on the economic immigration programs (ex: Express Entry), but they keep forgetting that there is only ONE QUOTA for the all the immigration programs. It means if you receive more refugees this year, then you have to cut the quota from other programs to make room. That's what happen in 2016, when ITA for EE got cut if half.

Liberals have been increasing the quota for immigration since 2016, and you still say Conservatives are more friendly to immigrants?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Alexios07 said:
Still doesn't answer my question on your "Facts". People keep saying refugees don't have any effect on the economic immigration programs (ex: Express Entry), but they keep forgetting that there is only ONE QUOTA for the all the immigration programs. It means if you receive more refugees this year, then you have to cut the quota from other programs to make room. That's what happen in 2016, when ITA for EE got cut if half.

Liberals have been increasing the quota for immigration since 2016, and you still say Conservatives are more friendly to immigrants?
agree with you.