+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Draws Stopped - Other Ways to PR?

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
As everyone knows, EE is stopped due to IT glitches following NOC updates.

Is there anything, we can do to expedite the PR process? My score is 470, and my NOC code is 21211 (Lead Data Scientist), applying from outside Canada - I am open to PNPs.

I did select the PNP options during EE profile registration - I am wondering if there is anything else we can do?

Thanks in advance!
My two cents would be to try for Alberta PNP- under Tech Pathway Program. Data Scientist do come under eligible occupations and all you need to find is a job offer, Alberta Doesn't require LMIA which is super hard to get. Keep trying on Linkedin and Indeed, Calgary is quite a big IT Hub in Alberta and there is least competition in Data field. I'm a sys engineer and I also managed to find a job over indeed, although that came after over 200 applications.

Reactions: moonknight

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
NB requires a job offer unless in an in demand stream. Same with PEI. Not sure what stream OP is eligible for without a job offer based on data scientiist (NOT an IT stream). PEI with a population of around 150,000 people is focused on specific positions.

https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/office-of-immigration/provincial-nominee-program
Hey, for a person who's getting into the thick of things right now, it's quite a big "unless" and he needs to explore it himself. So, don't close that door on him. The crux of my comment was that he needs to explore the different provinces to see the suitability and not assume that provinces pick the profiles directly from federal EE.

Reactions: moonknight

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022
My two cents would be to try for Alberta PNP- under Tech Pathway Program. Data Scientist do come under eligible occupations and all you need to find is a job offer, Alberta Doesn't require LMIA which is super hard to get. Keep trying on Linkedin and Indeed, Calgary is quite a big IT Hub in Alberta and there is least competition in Data field. I'm a sys engineer and I also managed to find a job over indeed, although that came after over 200 applications.
Hi, thanks so much! Will look into this.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
whats the issue with staying in the usa? its a wasteland here. salaries in DS are half of usa and groceries/expenses double. you cant afford a home unless you have a household income of 250K.

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022
whats the issue with staying in the usa? its a wasteland here. salaries in DS are half of usa and groceries/expenses double. you cant afford a home unless you have a household income of 250K.
I mean, depending on employer for H1B/GC processing like my life depends on it - has to stop. There are pros and cons, I like the cons here.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
-living outside Canada
-no job offer
-Skilled worker CRS points 430
Question : if i apply through PNP what are my chances to get nominated without job offer letter? Secondly is it easy to get job offer from approved LMIA employer? if i get a job offer i can not come to canada ASAP as i have to go through the PR process . what route should i adopt to come to canada. Need advise.

D

Deleted member 1006777

if i apply through PNP what are my chances to get nominated without job offer letter?
With your CRS score, pretty low imo

Secondly is it easy to get job offer from approved LMIA employer?
No. Depends on your area of work and your work experience to an extent, but generally very difficult.

if i get a job offer i can not come to canada ASAP as i have to go through the PR process
You are unlikely to get interviews, let alone an offer if you aren't already a PR, or have exceptional work exp in some in-demand field. If you do somehow get an offer, they'll probably sponsor a closed work permit. Unlikely to happen overall.

what route should i adopt to come to canada.
  • Look for ways to increase your score significantly (490+ at minimum; 500+ if possible)
  • Study in Canada and then work there to eventually get a PR
  • Gain work exp in an in demand field and hope to get an invite
Nothing more can be done at this point. The days of easy immigration to Canada ended in 2019, and will likely never come back.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
With your CRS score, pretty low imo

No. Depends on your area of work and your work experience to an extent, but generally very difficult.

You are unlikely to get interviews, let alone an offer if you aren't already a PR, or have exceptional work exp in some in-demand field. If you do somehow get an offer, they'll probably sponsor a closed work permit. Unlikely to happen overall.

• Look for ways to increase your score significantly (490+ at minimum; 500+ if possible)
  • Study in Canada and then work there to eventually get a PR
  • Gain work exp in an in demand field and hope to get an invite
Nothing more can be done at this point. The days of easy immigration to Canada ended in 2019, and will likely never come back.
Thank you so much for detailed answer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
-living outside Canada
-no job offer
-Skilled worker CRS points 430
Question : if i apply through PNP what are my chances to get nominated without job offer letter? Secondly is it easy to get job offer from approved LMIA employer? if i get a job offer i can not come to canada ASAP as i have to go through the PR process . what route should i adopt to come to canada. Need advise.
What is your NOC? If you don’t have a job offer then options are limited. LMIA is not easy, as employer has to prove no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
What is your NOC? If you don’t have a job offer then options are limited. LMIA is not easy, as employer has to prove no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you.
10019Other administrative services managers
10029Other business services managers

Financial and investment analysts
i fall under these categories

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
10019Other administrative services managers
10029Other business services managers

Financial and investment analysts
i fall under these categories
You need to have one primary NOC that is for at least one year of continuous work. So you must pick one as you will have employment letters to match the NOC. A job offer in these NOCs is slim given they are not necessarily in-demand like IT or healthcare.

Reactions: ifras

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
You need to have one primary NOC that is for at least one year of continuous work. So you must pick one as you will have employment letters to match the NOC. A job offer in these NOCs is slim given they are not necessarily in-demand like IT or healthcare.
Thanks for helping out