+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Draws Stopped - Other Ways to PR?

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022
As everyone knows, EE is stopped due to IT glitches following NOC updates.

Is there anything, we can do to expedite the PR process? My score is 470, and my NOC code is 21211 (Lead Data Scientist), applying from outside Canada - I am open to PNPs.

I did select the PNP options during EE profile registration - I am wondering if there is anything else we can do?

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Is there anything, we can do to expedite the PR process? My score is 470, and my NOC code is 21211 (Lead Data Scientist), applying from outside Canada - I am open to PNPs.

I did select the PNP options during EE profile registration - I am wondering if there is anything else we can do?

Thanks in advance!
Nothing will expedite and you have selected PNPs and not been selected. So option is to get a job offer that fits a PNP stream that is not through Express Entry. 470 is low for EE so look at ways of increasing your score.

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018

Thanks in advance!
Hey, just another point to note. Not all provinces pick profiles automatically from EE pool. So, you have to submit your expression of interest in each of the provinces like NB, Saskatchewan, PEI..

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022
Nothing will expedite and you have selected PNPs and not been selected. So option is to get a job offer that fits a PNP stream that is not through Express Entry. 470 is low for EE so look at ways of increasing your score.
Thanks for the reply!

At the moment, I do not have any way to increase my scores, other than having a job offer.

Are there any 'painless' provinces that I can try to get nomination for, that can help bypass the 470 score?

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022
Hey, just another point to note. Not all provinces pick profiles automatically from EE pool. So, you have to submit your expression of interest in each of the provinces like NB, Saskatchewan, PEI..
Thanks, Rohit!

That is the new info to me.. are there any provinces you suggest are better and can be tried successfully?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply!

At the moment, I do not have any way to increase my scores, other than having a job offer.

Are there any 'painless' provinces that I can try to get nomination for, that can help bypass the 470 score?
No painless provinces unless you have a job offer and employer willing (and meets eligibility requirements) to support your nomination

Rohit Chhabra

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
NB and PEI require job offers.
Hey, that only holds true for AIP (Atlantic immigration program) & not for other pathways offered by these provinces.
Thanks, Rohit!

That is the new info to me.. are there any provinces you suggest are better and can be tried successfully?
As @Naturgrl mentioned, there isn't an easy way, as multiple factors that vary from one person to another have an impact on the final outcome. Please visit the websites of these provinces and go through the various immigration programs offered by each of them, your score in their scoring grid, NOCs in-demand, last cut-offs etc. to get an idea of which one might be more "favorable" for you.
Good luck!

Reactions: moonknight

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey, that only holds true for AIP (Atlantic immigration program) & not for other pathways offered by these provinces.

As @Naturgrl mentioned, there isn't an easy way, as multiple factors that vary from one person to another have an impact on the final outcome. Please visit the websites of these provinces and go through the various immigration programs offered by each of them, your score in their scoring grid, NOCs in-demand, last cut-offs etc. to get an idea of which one might be more "favorable" for you.
Good luck!
NB requires a job offer unless in an in demand stream. Same with PEI. Not sure what stream OP is eligible for without a job offer based on data scientiist (NOT an IT stream). PEI with a population of around 150,000 people is focused on specific positions.

https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/office-of-immigration/provincial-nominee-program

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I love it when people ask about how to "expedite" the PR process for themselves. The way I interpret it when people say it is: "Can I do anything to skip the line?"

Aside from luckily being the spouse of a Canadian PR/citizen, there is no free, easy or cheap lunch when it comes to Canada. Cutting it for Canadian PR is the hardest thing you'll ever do and impossible for most people.

Reactions: Naturgrl

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022
I love it when people ask about how to "expedite" the PR process for themselves. The way I interpret it when people say it is: "Can I do anything to skip the line?"

Aside from luckily being the spouse of a Canadian PR/citizen, there is no free, easy or cheap lunch when it comes to Canada. Cutting it for Canadian PR is the hardest thing you'll ever do and impossible for most people.
I am sorry - what did you say? Is it 'cheap lunch' if you are looking out to do what's best for your profile and maximise your chances? I am pretty new and was looking ways people can get PR, given my profile. Wouldn't you do justice to your profile?

From news, I've seen tech-targeted PNP draws happening for Data Scientists and I wanted to explore more from the community - so, is applying where the demand is "skipping the line"? In-demand streams do skip the line, fair and square - so what is your problem?

Canadian PR isn't the hardest thing to do when you are born in a 3rd world country and did fair enough or using Fourier transform to solve second-order differential equation for the first time.

No thanks for adding nothing useful to the conversation.

Reactions: David_Djalo

moonknight

Dec 27, 2022

Good luck!
Thanks so much, Rohit! This is very helpful.

Reactions: Rohit Chhabra

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I am sorry - what did you say? Is it 'cheap lunch' if you are looking out to do what's best for your profile and maximise your chances? I am pretty new and was looking ways people can get PR, given my profile. Wouldn't you do justice to your profile?

From news, I've seen tech-targeted PNP draws happening for Data Scientists and I wanted to explore more from the community - so, is applying where the demand is "skipping the line"? In-demand streams do skip the line, fair and square - so what is your problem?

Canadian PR isn't the hardest thing to do when you are born in a 3rd world country and did fair enough or using Fourier transform to solve second-order differential equation for the first time.

No thanks for adding nothing useful to the conversation.
I did add something useful: I told you how hard it is and you persevered and found an idea in a tech pathway. Go you! (You're welcome.)