+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: Documents to Support Work Experience Proof

shalij12

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Can an experience email from my Manager's official email address sent to me can be used along with appointment letter? is Salary Slip necessary as a part of my experience was on Volunteer training?

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Hello guys, I am almost done with the initial stages of my PR process. I have a CRS score of 450. My question is what are the documents required for proof of work experience, I come under the federal skilled worker's program, NOC Code - 1111.

I am currently working at the organization and it's been almost a year and a half, could you please advice on what are the required documents.

Thanks.

shalij12

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
posting for a friend he has 8 calendar months of work experience in Canada, he worked 50 hours a week so according to Canada Full time policy it amounts to 13 months of experience. so can he say he has one year of experience in Canada?

AB-27991

May 9, 2018
Seniors I have a query regarding my previous employer work experience due to which I am pulling my hair out

I was employed at my last organisation for two years, during which I had a internal transfer from support to engineering, Now the last organization has given me reference letter only for engineering role and not for the support role.
Also in the EE profile I have mentioned the last position I held which is of engineering.

Now if I only show the reference letter that does not raises any concerns because the reference letter matches with what I have entered in EE profile but If I attach the offer letter that has the designation as "Support Engineer" which can raise some eyebrows. Since I am attaching the offer letter for current employer it may seem fishy to VO if I don't attach previous employer offer letter. So I have below options

1. Attach the offer letter and give an explanation mentioning the move as promotion
2. Not attaching the offer letter
3. Getting a new reference letter which mentions both my roles (this can take a lot of time as it is my previous employer)

P.S My total experience is 6 years out of which 2 years is from last employer and 4 from the current one, in my EE profile I have shown all of it under NOC 2173 but due to above dilemma ideally 1 year out of all should be under NOC 2281 and other under NOC 2173.

Please suggest what can be done here.

sharelp

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hi
I am the primary applicant with all the work experiences in India. However, my husband has worked in 2 different companies in Oman, cumulative experience of 5 years. Now he has 7 years experience in India in Managerial position. It would be next to impossible for us to obtain the proper experience certificates from Oman. So can we just exclude the experience from the records? We do have the relieving letters thought but it doesn't give any information about Job duties and responsibilities.

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
Hi there,

I will really appreciate any advice!!!

I submitted my profile with CRS 453

All documents are ready. But I have a question regarding my Proof of Work Experience.

I have experience letter from employer stating all information required by IRCC. But as I was paid in cash (1.9 Lakh annually below tax slab for INDIA) i have no tax document or pay slips. All I have is some random cash deposits in bank that I use to make for my expenses.

Work Experience : 1 May 2015 to 30 April 2016

what else should I put as proof of my work experience?

Thanks in Advance

Reactions: jsjohnnyy43

rahul5

Apr 19, 2018
can we show work experience from last 5 years. i.e 2016-2018(currently in the same company) or do we have to show what have i been doing before 2016?

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Please take letter with job duties its very imp. I got refusal due to missing job duties.
Hello,

Could you please specify what you were exactly missing ? thanks.

garryc1

Aug 18, 2018
Correct, but you need to ensure that, by removing the employment from your Work History, it doesn't impact your CRS Score and FSW eligibility (if applicable), since removing it from Work History will also remove it from your 'number of years of work experience' being counted toward the application.
I think if we remove it from the work experience then the Verification team would ask you about the gap, so what would you suggest for that? Because in case you get provinsial nomination from Canada they will ask you regarding your gap.

Aug 11, 2018
Hello,
I just received my ITA yesterday.. I am the primary applicant and I have 1.5 years of work experience.. now can u plz help me the format of getting work experience history from my past employer. I mean what all documents will be needed .. and what needs to be stated in those documents

drmadhvendra

Oct 30, 2018
I have a few questions regarding my work experience. I have the following profile:

Company A - Sept 2011 - Jan 2014
Company B - Jan 2015 - June 2015
Company C - July 2015 - Feb 2017
Company D - March 2017 - Jul 2018
Company E - Aug 2018 - Present.

Now i have reference letters and all other supporting documents for company A, B, C and E. I have the following questions:

1) For the CRS points if I just show the work experience for A and C I am above the 3 years stipulation. Now is it possible to just list these work experience in the EE profile and thereby just send reference letters etc for just these 2 job profiles after the ITA?

2) Or should I add all the work experience that I have in the EE profile and send reference letters for just A and C after the ITA and say that I only wish to claim points for this work experience.

ajauncey

Sep 20, 2018
Hi all, awesome thread and super helpful. I am still a little lost though...

So I have filled in the 10 yrs of work history recommended and have had MANY jobs in that time!

I am using only one job, Job A, as my principal "skilled work experience".

I then have two other jobs, B + C (one of which was self employed) that fall under the "skilled work experience" NOC codes, but I am assuming I won't have gained any points for these as I can only use one NOC code (Job A) to gain points, correct?

Will I need to provide documentation for Jobs B + C as well?

And lastly, for the 6 other short term jobs I have that do NOT fall under the "skilled work experience" codes, will I be required to provide documentation for them as well?

Apologies this is so rambly, but I would really appreciate the help untangling this!

Thanks

Benita

Dec 3, 2018
Hi there,

I will really appreciate any advice!!!

I submitted my profile with CRS 453

All documents are ready. But I have a question regarding my Proof of Work Experience.

I have experience letter from employer stating all information required by IRCC. But as I was paid in cash (1.9 Lakh annually below tax slab for INDIA) i have no tax document or pay slips. All I have is some random cash deposits in bank that I use to make for my expenses.

Work Experience : 1 May 2015 to 30 April 2016

what else should I put as proof of my work experience?

Thanks in Advance
Hey, I’m in a similar situation. What happened to your PR though? Did you get it or you were asked for more info? What did you do?

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Hi everybody,

I have been working in the same company for 9 years, holding different positions under the same NOC.
I uploaded just one letter of Proof of Work Experience for all the positions, but what concerns me now is that the letter, although has job duties and dates in each position, it includes just the number of work hours per week and annual salary (plus benefits) of the last position.
Should I upload information regarding the hours per week and salary of the previous positions through a Webform? Or should I wait for a possible ADR?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Devaraj.R

Jan 7, 2016
Hey, I’m in a similar situation. What happened to your PR though? Did you get it or you were asked for more info? What did you do?
Hi,

I am also in the same scenario.

Please tell me what did you do to proof your work experience without any salary slips.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated.