+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: Documents to Support Work Experience Proof

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
I the following documents to support for work experience proof. I request senior members to please guide on the below and advice if any other documents can be added as a proof for work experience

A. First Company (2006 - 2014) [8 Years] (NOC code 2173) (An Indian consulting company)
1. Job Offer Letter (Issued in dec, 2005 with no date unfortunately) on company letter head having following items in a detailed manner
Designation
Department Name
Salary Break up
Working hours per days and number of days in the week.
HR Manager name and designation
2. Appraisal Letters from HR over the successive years(2007-2013) on company letter head
Date of Joining
Date of Appraisal
Department name
Appraisal Rating
Appraisal Amount(Current CTC / New CTC)
Promotion Details
Signed by HR Manager or performance appraisal Team
3. Salary Slips from 2007 onwards which contain the following information
Employee Name
Employee Designation
Date of Joining
Employee Department Name
Employee PAN number
Employee Salary Account Number and Bank
Salary Month and Year
4. Form 16/ Form 26A
5. Relieving Letter/ Experience Letter on company letter head with following details
Date of Joining
Date of Relieving
Employment Duration i.e. Date of Joining to Date of Relieving
Last Designation
Department Name
Note: There is no mention of key duties/responsibilities, number of hours worked per week, last drawn salary, employment type(part/full time) etc. on the work experience letter. And everyone says we need these details as well on a job reference letter. I have written to HR department to issue a Letter of reference but no response from their end to my email.

Should the above 5 items be enough to prove the work experience. Or I still need to have any more proof letters from the company.

B. Third Company(2014 - 2016) [2.2 years] (NOC code 2173) (Which is a an Indian branch of well known Canadian company)
1. Appointment Letter/Job Contract (Not on company letter head)
2. Salary Slips from 2014 to 2016 with following details
Employee Name
Employee Designation
Date of Joining
Employee Department Name
Employee PAN number
Employee Salary Account Number and Bank
Salary Month and Year
3. Form 16/ Form 26A
4. Relieving Letter on company letter head with following information
Date of Joining
Date of Relieving
Last Designation
5. Experience Letter on company letter head with following information
Date of Joining
Date of Relieving
Employment Duration i.e. Date of Joining to Date of Relieving
Last Designation
Key Duties performed
Total Annual Salary
No of hours worked per week
Nature of Employment - Full Time

Should the above 5 items be enough as proof of work experience from the third company

C. Second Company (employment duration 10 months as a Manager). (Indian Company). I would show it in my personal history.
1. Job Offer Letter on company letter head
2. Appointment Letter on company letter head
3. Confirmation Letter on company letter head
4. Salary Slips
5. Form 16
6. Relieving Letter on company letter head
7. Experience Letter on company letter head

D. Fourth Company(Current company)(employed as a Manager)(Indian branch of well known Canadian Company). I would show it in my personal history.
1. Job Offer Letter on company letter head
2. Appointment Letter on company letter head
3. Salary Slips

Reactions: ihsamkhan

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
The main thing you are missing is the job duties and responsibilities. Earlier people have been rejected for that missing information. You need it for every job that you are claiming points. It could be on a letter head or on a plain paper (notarized). If HR does not agree to it, get it from your Manager or Colleague. But get it for every job you are claiming points.

Reactions: ihsamkhan

sandyxe

Nov 19, 2016
As you can see, I'm claiming points for First and Third job only(NOC 2173) as these are the ones in which I have maximum experience. The Second and Fourth(current company) jobs are of a managerial role. I also do not want my current employer to know that I'm applying for PR.

1. For First job if I don't get it from HR, I can write it on plain paper and get it notarized. Please could you provide the format that I can use for it.

2. For the third job I was able to get my experience letter with the following text. Please let me know if this sufficient or I need to add any more information as well.

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. ABC S/O Mr XYZ was employed with us as a Senior Software Developer from November xx, 2014 to December xx, 2016.

Mr. ABC performed the following key duties as a Senior Software Developer.
• Developed solution architecture and design for web and mobile software applications.
• Worked with geographically distributed teams on software development projects.
• Managed projects by leading a team of software developers.
• Performed client interfacing for project management activities.
• Worked on business development activities for software projects.

Total annual salary: INR ……../- (ln Words: INR ………. Only)
Number of hours worked per week: 40 hours
Nature of employment: Full time

During his tenure, his conduct and behavior was good and professional. We have found him to be motivated, duty bound and highly committed team player with strong knowledge of software development.

We wish him the very best for his future endeavors.

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
sandyxe said:
As you can see, I'm claiming points for First and Third job only(NOC 2173) as these are the ones in which I have maximum experience. The Second and Fourth(current company) jobs are of a managerial role. I also do not want my current employer to know that I'm applying for PR.

1. For First job if I don't get it from HR, I can write it on plain paper and get it notarized. Please could you provide the format that I can use for it.

2. For the third job I was able to get my experience letter with the following text. Please let me know if this sufficient or I need to add any more information as well.

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. ABC S/O Mr XYZ was employed with us as a Senior Software Developer from November xx, 2014 to December xx, 2016.

Mr. ABC performed the following key duties as a Senior Software Developer.
• Developed solution architecture and design for web and mobile software applications.
• Worked with geographically distributed teams on software development projects.
• Managed projects by leading a team of software developers.
• Performed client interfacing for project management activities.
• Worked on business development activities for software projects.

Total annual salary: INR ......../- (ln Words: INR .......... Only)
Number of hours worked per week: 40 hours
Nature of employment: Full time

During his tenure, his conduct and behavior was good and professional. We have found him to be motivated, duty bound and highly committed team player with strong knowledge of software development.

We wish him the very best for his future endeavors.
Please take letter with job duties its very imp. I got refusal due to missing job duties.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

rookieA

Jul 31, 2017
Hi All,

For work experience letters - does the experience letter with job duties and responsibilities, position held, name, duration, supervisor signature and company contact details good enough?

Sudhaa

Sep 1, 2017
For experience proof do we need to enclose payslip? I work in a small firm which pays me by cash

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hello,
Can someone advise me on my situation?
My husband is the principal applicant. We have not got any points for my work experience (around 10 + yrs) in IT. However, ITA states that we need to submit work experience for both me and my spouse.
Unfortunately, my current employer where I have been working for past 8 yrs has refused to provide any such reference/work experience letter as it is outside their policy. Can someone suggest what should I submit as proof of work experience?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello,
Can someone advise me on my situation?
My husband is the principal applicant. We have not got any points for my work experience (around 10 + yrs) in IT. However, ITA states that we need to submit work experience for both me and my spouse.
Unfortunately, my current employer where I have been working for past 8 yrs has refused to provide any such reference/work experience letter as it is outside their policy. Can someone suggest what should I submit as proof of work experience?
You're likely being asked to submit proof of your work experience because you listed your work experience under the 'Work History' section of the application. Since your husband is not getting any CRS points for it (I assume it's foreign work experience), you can remove it from the 'Work History' section, and list it only in the 'Personal History' section (since you still have to disclose it for background check purposes). Once you remove your experience from 'Work History' the eAPR won't ask you for the proof anymore.

Vinit Hundare

Jul 2, 2017
Pune
Category........
FSW
Can anyone help me if the following documents are enough for work experience while submitting the EE profile? I have an experience of 1.4 years with one company and 4+ years with the current company.
Apart from the main reference letters outlining my responsibilities, do I need to provide all of the following:
1) Salary slips for each month
2) tax sheet for each month
3) form 16 for both companies
4) offer letters for both companies
5) promotion letters for both companies

Just want to make sure I am not providing too many documents and creating a confusion for the VO. Can anyone please let me know if the list above covers everything or is too much?

nav j

Dec 5, 2017
hi
i have a work experience for two years i.e from 2012-2014. my salary was payable in account.but as my salary was below tax limits so i never file any tax return.now as per law i am unable to file return for this time period. is it necessary to show its proof along with work experience proof?
thanks

indy500

May 27, 2017
you can remove it from the 'Work History' section, and list it only in the 'Personal History' section
Is this part after you receive your ITA? I'm trying to fill up my Express Entry Profile and i dont see a "Personal History" section. There's only a "Work history" section. So im just wondering if thats because its after the ITA that option shows up?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Is this part after you receive your ITA? I'm trying to fill up my Express Entry Profile and i dont see a "Personal History" section. There's only a "Work history" section. So im just wondering if thats because its after the ITA that option shows up?
Yes, this section shows after the ITA.

Reactions: indy500

indy500

May 27, 2017
Yes, this section shows after the ITA.
So just to clarify, if I don't have enough supporting documents to show proof of employment from an old company that shut down, I should ideally remove it from work history and put it in personal history? Everything I show in work history requires letters from the employer?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
So just to clarify, if I don't have enough supporting documents to show proof of employment from an old company that shut down, I should ideally remove it from work history and put it in personal history? Everything I show in work history requires letters from the employer?
Correct, but you need to ensure that, by removing the employment from your Work History, it doesn't impact your CRS Score and FSW eligibility (if applicable), since removing it from Work History will also remove it from your 'number of years of work experience' being counted toward the application.

indy500

May 27, 2017
Correct, but you need to ensure that, by removing the employment from your Work History, it doesn't impact your CRS Score and FSW eligibility (if applicable), since removing it from Work History will also remove it from your 'number of years of work experience' being counted toward the application.
I see what you're saying. I have ten years in total and I'm only trying to remove 1.5 years so I think I should be good. Thanks again man. I really appreciate your answers.

Reactions: crescent_jam