+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry delay

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Hello all,
I have submitted my profile on August 25th 2018 under express entry. I recieved my ITA on July 26th 2018. I submitted all the necessary documents at the time of submitting the profile. Later, I recieved request for ECA document on September 18th, which was already included in my educational documents (may be immigration officer missed it) and I submitted it in the same week. So I am already past my 6 months waiting period which was Feb 25th 2019. Till today March 9th 2019, I am waiting for any confirmation from them.
I also sent a case specific enquiry recently and they responded that my file is in Ottawa processing center where the assigned officer is determining my eligibility (after 6 months?!), my medical is valid on the file and my background check is in process.
Can anyone please tell me what is taking this long? I have submitted everything in order and worried if there is any negative result after waiting for more than 6 months?
Appropriate answers would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello all,
I have submitted my profile on August 25th 2018 under express entry. I recieved my ITA on July 26th 2018. I submitted all the necessary documents at the time of submitting the profile. Later, I recieved request for ECA document on September 18th, which was already included in my educational documents (may be immigration officer missed it) and I submitted it in the same week. So I am already past my 6 months waiting period which was Feb 25th 2019. Till today March 9th 2019, I am waiting for any confirmation from them.
I also sent a case specific enquiry recently and they responded that my file is in Ottawa processing center where the assigned officer is determining my eligibility (after 6 months?!), my medical is valid on the file and my background check is in process.
Can anyone please tell me what is taking this long? I have submitted everything in order and worried if there is any negative result after waiting for more than 6 months?
The myCIC account will not show any significant update(except for few ghost updates) till your passport is stamped or you receive the CoPR.

You can speak with the IRCC call center agent. You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

Client Support Centre agents - Monday toFriday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.(EST) except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

If you are calling from Outside of Canada youcan use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tipon how to call from outside Canada:https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

If you are living in Canada you can order GCMS notes from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/(this service is free) or use getgcms.com to order your notes if you are outside of Canada(this requires some payment).

During your call you should ask the following questions:

- Status of your Eligibility - Passed or Met or Review Required ?
- Status of your Criminality - Passed or ongoing ?
- Status of your background or security check - Passed or Not Started or Ongoing ?

Answer to these will help you determine what’s going on with your application.

Reactions: spirit.varun

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
The myCIC account will not show any significant update(except for few ghost updates) till your passport is stamped or you receive the CoPR.

You can speak with the IRCC call center agent. You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

Client Support Centre agents - Monday toFriday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.(EST) except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

If you are calling from Outside of Canada youcan use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tipon how to call from outside Canada:https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

If you are living in Canada you can order GCMS notes from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/(this service is free) or use getgcms.com to order your notes if you are outside of Canada(this requires some payment).

During your call you should ask the following questions:

- Status of your Eligibility - Passed or Met or Review Required ?
- Status of your Criminality - Passed or ongoing ?
- Status of your background or security check - Passed or Not Started or Ongoing ?

Answer to these will help you determine what’s going on with your application.
Thanks a lot for the information. I'll keep it posted when I receive any update from CIC.

Chetsa

Mar 11, 2019
Hello all,
Hey there, I’m also going through the same thing. My AOR is August 12th 2018 for CEC express entry. I called CIC yesterday and they stated that they’re still reviewing my eligibility, criminality in progress and security check passed.

They let me know that the estimated date of completion is June 25th which is crazy. I guess there’s nothing much I can do now but wait. I also heard they had a lot of draws for 2018 so maybe that’s also why there’s a huge delay?

Bellali

May 4, 2019
Hello all,

Yes I summited my whole profile on 25th July 2018, now this is the tenth month and I'm still waiting... the same status as yours and also I applied Bridge visa on Janarary 2019 before my work permit expired but it had been over 3 months haven't gotten any news. I have been told that because my PR is in process so they wouldn't process my bridge visa ( why it suggested me to apply then? And my work permit already expired ) My immigration advisor suggested me to go MP office to state this situation.. I called them and they always say someone will contact me but no news then... I am planning to walk in and state my situation next week...! no better idea.. what do you say?

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Yes I summited my whole profile on 25th July 2018, now this is the tenth month and I'm still waiting... the same status as yours and also I applied Bridge visa on Janarary 2019 before my work permit expired but it had been over 3 months haven't gotten any news. I have been told that because my PR is in process so they wouldn't process my bridge visa ( why it suggested me to apply then? And my work permit already expired ) My immigration advisor suggested me to go MP office to state this situation.. I called them and they always say someone will contact me but no news then... I am planning to walk in and state my situation next week...! no better idea.. what do you say?
I know it is frustrating that they're taking too long to respond. But you can only comply with the process. I just got my passport request yesterday after 9 months and I've already applied for bridging work permit, so now I'm struggling to get hold of them so that I can get refund of $255.
Anyways, let me know if your status changes. Don't worry if they've taken too long without asking for any documentation from you then most likely its delay from their side and there nothing you can do but wait. And speaking of your work permit, so you can still work with the same employer on implied status.
Good luck!!

May 28, 2019
Hi,
My application was in Local Immigration office in British columbia in the last week around may 22nd.
And now when I made a case specific enquiry again (may 28th), they said that now my application is in Ottawa (CPC - O).
What does it mean that my file is transferred from British columbia (Local immigration office) to Case Processing Center Ottawa??

Note: My background check has not yet been started(More than 6months from my AOR - Dec 4h 2018).

Nagarwal

May 28, 2019
Hi,I have not been able to locate any rules regarding the landing of the dependant spouse anywhere. My husband is the primary applicant and I am dependant. We have applied through express entry federal skilled workers program. My husband will land before me but he might do a soft landing and come back, we are yet to decide. Since I will be traveling alone, I wanted to know what documents will I be required to present? if I can land in a different state and city as him? Do i need to have his address (which I will not have if he does soft landing) is there any concrete article that I can be directed to? I have tried callin Cic helpline and I have only been waiting to get attended to. Is there any better way to consult an actual cic official? Please suggest.

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Hi,
My application was in Local Immigration office in British columbia in the last week around may 22nd.
And now when I made a case specific enquiry again (may 28th), they said that now my application is in Ottawa (CPC - O).
What does it mean that my file is transferred from British columbia (Local immigration office) to Case Processing Center Ottawa??

Note: My background check has not yet been started(More than 6months from my AOR - Dec 4h 2018).
I am not sure what happened in your case but I'll tell you my experience with the case specific inquiry. I contacted them around March and they sent me email saying that my background check is in process and next time again I inquired then I got email saying that my background process is not in process yet. One time I called them and agent said that she couldn't find my profile at all. So it is useless to call them regarding your process because they'll read whatever they have in the system, not more than that. For now you can just wait and watch to be honest with you. Keep in touch with them every month or so an if its still taking too long then order gcms notes (costs only $5 within canada) and make sure you maintain your legal status (bridging work permit if it applies to you). Also, I think if you don't have any inquiry from them after this long time then most likely the decision will be on your favour. Good luck!!

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Hi,I have not been able to locate any rules regarding the landing of the dependant spouse anywhere. My husband is the primary applicant and I am dependant. We have applied through express entry federal skilled workers program. My husband will land before me but he might do a soft landing and come back, we are yet to decide. Since I will be traveling alone, I wanted to know what documents will I be required to present? if I can land in a different state and city as him? Do i need to have his address (which I will not have if he does soft landing) is there any concrete article that I can be directed to? I have tried callin Cic helpline and I have only been waiting to get attended to. Is there any better way to consult an actual cic official? Please suggest.
Hi
I am not sure about the exact procedure but as far as I understand, when the principle applicant lands first in the country then it doesn't matter when dependent will do the landing. Because you both get separate COPR, so as long as your husband lands first there is no need for him to accompany you when you do the landing. For the documents I would say keep everything you have(related to your PR) together to avoid any trouble but main documents are your passport and COPR. I'm posting a link which might help you. Good luck!!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-dependent-land-alone-after-main-applicant-short-landing.495880/

May 28, 2019
I am not sure what happened in your case but I'll tell you my experience with the case specific inquiry. I contacted them around March and they sent me email saying that my background check is in process and next time again I inquired then I got email saying that my background process is not in process yet. One time I called them and agent said that she couldn't find my profile at all. So it is useless to call them regarding your process because they'll read whatever they have in the system, not more than that. For now you can just wait and watch to be honest with you. Keep in touch with them every month or so an if its still taking too long then order gcms notes (costs only $5 within canada) and make sure you maintain your legal status (bridging work permit if it applies to you). Also, I think if you don't have any inquiry from them after this long time then most likely the decision will be on your favour. Good luck!!
THanks much @Gotham_invader007

Jun 1, 2019
Greetings from Amardeep,

I submitted my EE application under CEC category on April 3, 2018. After 3 weeks my medicals, biometrics, and police clearance passed. Till that time my file is under review and BG check is in progress. Last time I called CIC couple of weeks ago, they said your medicals has been extended and Criminal background check has passed but Security BG check still under process and they are still reviewing. As my work permit is going to expire on July 19, 2019.
Please advice.
Thanks

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Greetings from Amardeep,

I submitted my EE application under CEC category on April 3, 2018. After 3 weeks my medicals, biometrics, and police clearance passed. Till that time my file is under review and BG check is in progress. Last time I called CIC couple of weeks ago, they said your medicals has been extended and Criminal background check has passed but Security BG check still under process and they are still reviewing. As my work permit is going to expire on July 19, 2019.
Please advice.
Thanks
Extend your work permit is what I would recommend. The extensive security check (aka security screening) time is unpredictable.