+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry CEC quota PR

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone apply for PR under CEC category through Express entry? If yes, what are your scores and will the benchmark remain like FSW 800-1000 points?

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Minimum score for the first draw was 886 points.
Minimum score for the second draw was 818 points.

Both draws contained applicants for FSW, CEC, FST and PNP.

The CIC has indicated in a teleconference that they do not expect all of the applicants to have an LMIA and therefore they anticipate effectively two different levels of application for the Express Entry system. As a result, I would say that it is very likely that they will do draws with a significantly reduced points requirements, however, clearly no one can say what the score will drop down to.

This is the teleconference:
https://instaud.io/4dB#18:00.0

hybridin

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
arowberry said:
Minimum score for the first draw was 886 points.
Minimum score for the second draw was 818 points.

Both draws contained applicants for FSW, CEC, FST and PNP.

The CIC has indicated in a teleconference that they do not expect all of the applicants to have an LMIA and therefore they anticipate effectively two different levels of application for the Express Entry system. As a result, I would say that it is very likely that they will do draws with a significantly reduced points requirements, however, clearly no one can say what the score will drop down to.

This is the teleconference:
Have they mentioned anything about international students? (For some weird technical reasons I can't play the conference) There is just no way I could reach that benchmark without LMIA and not many employers (including mine) are willing to do anything about it.