14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hi fellow Sri lankans,
Can someone guide me the documents required for Police clearance Certificate.
Also i heard that your habe to give all travle details to them is this necesary?
Hi,

PCC in Sri Lanka is quite straightforward. You can apply online using the following link:

https://eservices.police.lk/ClearanceCertificate/home.action

Fill all the details...pay the fee (Rs. 1500) using credit card and upon successful payment you will receive a reference number. Use this reference number to track your application. After the background check from your county police officer you will receive the PCC by registered post within 2 weeks.

Yes it is mandatory to include all travel history especially if you have resided in a country for a period of 6 months or more after age 18.

Hope this helps

mimfarook86

Apr 6, 2018
HI.
Hi,

PCC in Sri Lanka is quite straightforward. You can apply online using the following link:

https://eservices.police.lk/ClearanceCertificate/home.action

Fill all the details...pay the fee (Rs. 1500) using credit card and upon successful payment you will receive a reference number. Use this reference number to track your application. After the background check from your county police officer you will receive the PCC by registered post within 2 weeks.

Yes it is mandatory to include all travel history especially if you have resided in a country for a period of 6 months or more after age 18.

Hope this helps
i am applying online for the PCC. can you please advise what address of the High Commission/Embassy/Consulate to which the certificate should be addressed to:

I am addressing to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

also i would appreciate if i could be guided on the Places of residence for the period certificate is required for the PCC:

i left the country when i was 2003 when i was 17 returned in 2010 and left again in 2014 and returned in 2018. do i only put the periods since i was 18 that i lived in sri lanka because in the CIC website it says as below

You should apply in person to the main police headquarters in Colombo (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). In the section of the application form dealing with the period covered by the police clearance, you should request “other” and specify “since birth.”

Last edited:

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the marriage certificate in Sri Lanka. The one I have is a photocopy from the registration book and signed by the division secretary. Is this sufficient proof of marriage? Can I provide this as my original marriage certificate?

Thank you in advance everyone!

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi fellow Sri lankans,
Can someone guide me the documents required for Police clearance Certificate.
Also i heard that your habe to give all travle details to them is this necesary?
Hi Kathik, did u figure out. I'm also in the same situation as you getting SL PCC. Need to know what dates do we have to enter

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Hi
I need some advice on POF
I have taken letters from EPF and ETF offices and we have a total over LKR 4.5mil in them.

And we also have savings little over LKR 1.2mil.

Do I have to show POF for me n my spouse (LKR 2.2mil) in FDs or savings accounts only or the EPF, ETF and above mentioned saving value together sufficient enough????

Please advise

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
HI.

i am applying online for the PCC. can you please advise what address of the High Commission/Embassy/Consulate to which the certificate should be addressed to:

I am addressing to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

also i would appreciate if i could be guided on the Places of residence for the period certificate is required for the PCC:

i left the country when i was 2003 when i was 17 returned in 2010 and left again in 2014 and returned in 2018. do i only put the periods since i was 18 that i lived in sri lanka because in the CIC website it says as below

You should apply in person to the main police headquarters in Colombo (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). In the section of the application form dealing with the period covered by the police clearance, you should request “other” and specify “since birth.”
As I recall I addressed it to the High Commissioner of Canada, Colombo

With regards to your dates of stay the general idea is to mention all dates of stay after age 18 (longer than 6 months). It would be great if you can get PCCs since birth which would give a clear indication to the visa officer that your security check is clean. In your case your PCC will be applied from year 2004 onwards.

Make sure to include all addresses you stayed in Sri Lanka as precisely as possible. The rest applies to the other respective countries too.

Hope this helps

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018

With regards to your dates of stay the general idea is to mention all dates of stay after age 18 (longer than 6 months). It would be great if you can get PCCs since birth which would give a clear indication to the visa officer that your security check is clean. In your case your PCC will be applied from year 2004 onwards.

Make sure to include all addresses you stayed in Sri Lanka as precisely as possible. The rest applies to the other respective countries too.

Hope this helps
Hi Prashan ,

I have a question hope you can help. I have not lived in SL since 2005. But I visited Sri Lankan in 2007 for 10 days (7/26). So I should get my police certificate from birth ( CiC instructions) to 2007 / 7/26 right? What you think . Please help ! Appreciate it. Good luck with your application!

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hi Prashan ,

I have a question hope you can help. I have not lived in SL since 2005. But I visited Sri Lankan in 2007 for 10 days (7/26). So I should get my police certificate from birth ( CiC instructions) to 2007 / 7/26 right? What you think . Please help ! Appreciate it. Good luck with your application!
Its better if you can get the PCC from birth. IRCC mostly pays attention to the PCC after the age of 18. Sri Lanka PCC is quite straightforward. For a period of 10 days or so a PCC is not necessary. Best of luck to you too.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Its better if you can get the PCC from birth. IRCC mostly pays attention to the PCC after the age of 18. Sri Lanka PCC is quite straightforward. For a period of 10 days or so a PCC is not necessary. Best of luck to you too.
Hi Prashan,

Thank you so much for your reply. Should I cover my 10 day visit (even though I haven't lived there) just to be safe. I heard CIC reject application based on PCC even for 1 day. So it's better to cover my last visit also right? Wouldn't do any harm I think . What do you think ? This is giving me a headache. Thanks for you help !

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hi Prashan,

Thank you so much for your reply. Should I cover my 10 day visit (even though I haven't lived there) just to be safe. I heard CIC reject application based on PCC even for 1 day. So it's better to cover my last visit also right? Wouldn't do any harm I think . What do you think ? This is giving me a headache. Thanks for you help !
Yeah do get the PCC for the 10 day visit just so you are on the safe side. You do not want to get yourself stressed in case you get an additional document request (ADR) or application refusal right? Also do pay attention to your work experience letters too. It's really important.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Yeah do get the PCC for the 10 day visit just so you are on the safe side. You do not want to get yourself stressed in case you get an additional document request (ADR) or application refusal right? Also do pay attention to your work experience letters too. It's really important.
Thank you so much !!! Best wishes

mimfarook86

Apr 6, 2018

Hope this helps
Thanks @prashanfernando for this information.

Mnishadi

Feb 15, 2019
Hi Friends,

I'm a married woman. My CRS score with spouse gives me only 426 (provided 8,7,7,7 for IELTS). When I do it without spouse, it ended up giving me 446 points. Is it advisable to apply alone? is there any other way that the family can be united, than waiting for 1.5 years processing time of spouse visa?
Can I provide commitment towards loan as a reason to not to include the spouse?

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the marriage certificate in Sri Lanka. The one I have is a photocopy from the registration book and signed by the division secretary. Is this sufficient proof of marriage? Can I provide this as my original marriage certificate?

Thank you in advance everyone!

Kathik2

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-08-2019
IELTS Request
CLB10
Hi Friends,

I'm a married woman. My CRS score with spouse gives me only 426 (provided 8,7,7,7 for IELTS). When I do it without spouse, it ended up giving me 446 points. Is it advisable to apply alone? is there any other way that the family can be united, than waiting for 1.5 years processing time of spouse visa?
Can I provide commitment towards loan as a reason to not to include the spouse?
Theres no shortcuts until you get your citizenship you cannot take your spouse also think about are you able to live alone there without spouse.

You can try to improve IELTS scores of you and your spouse to increase scores.
Other hope is a PNP