+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry candidates from Sri Lanka

uwork

Jan 15, 2019
Thanks Prashan! One more question about facing the IELTS exam. I read that we need to take 2 passport sized photos along with the email confirmation printed. Is this accurate?

I was thinking of only having to take my passport.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Thanks Prashan! One more question about facing the IELTS exam. I read that we need to take 2 passport sized photos along with the email confirmation printed. Is this accurate?

I was thinking of only having to take my passport.
All you have to take is your original passport, a colored photocopy of your passport along with a pencil and pen. A photograph will be taken by British council on the exam day. That's pretty much it. Hope this helps

ruZdy

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

I also have some questions regarding BTEC HND(edexcel) diploma I got from Sri lanka.

I am trying to send a replacement certificate to WES. I want to know whether can I get this done through Pearson Edexcel office Sri Lanka? It seems that you can get it done for free. Or do I need to get it done from the Head office UK by paying a fee?

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hi Guys,

I also have some questions regarding BTEC HND(edexcel) diploma I got from Sri lanka.

I am trying to send a replacement certificate to WES. I want to know whether can I get this done through Pearson Edexcel office Sri Lanka? It seems that you can get it done for free. Or do I need to get it done from the Head office UK by paying a fee?
If you are to get it done through the local Pearson office in Sri Lanka make sure that Pearson sends all the documents to Wes. Although I recommend it's safe to proceed with the online transcript request which is handled by Pearson UK itself even though you have to pay a small fee of 43GBP. Hope this helps

ruZdy

Feb 4, 2019
Thank you For your reply.

Also Regarding the pearson online application form for the replacement certificate:

1. When I fill the online form for the replacement certificate, It is asking for a candidate number. Is this the edexcel number or something else? I know my edexcel number, but not sure whether both are same.
2. Do i need to attach a copy of my original certificate in the application form also? I have attached my ID, consent form and the WES application form. Just want to clarify whether is it better to attach a copy of my original certificate.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Yes your edexcel number is your candidate number. You don't need to attach your certificates. Just the consent form, wes academic form and any additional document which you would feel useful to Pearson to dispatch the documents is sufficient. Double check all your details before making the payment. After making your payment get a tracking number from Pearson so that you can monitor the status of your documents. It's pretty straightforward.

ruZdy

Feb 4, 2019
Thank you again ! My replacement certificate application is currently processing.

Couple of more questions:

1. When I was filling my WES applications, I selected UK as my country of study and Edexcel as the institute for my HND qualification. I did not mention anything about my studied institute in Sri lanka. I hope this is ok right? Note: My studied institute name is mentioned in the HND certificate.

2. Does WES mention both Awarding body and studied institute name in the final report under the HND qualification? or is it only the awarding body?

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
1. That's fine. I filled it that way too except I didn't mention edexcel but mentioned Pearson as edexcel is dissolved now. But it won't be a problem as Wes has handled several hnd qualifications as of now.

2. Wes will only mention Pearson as the awarding body. They would only mention that the documents were sent by the awarded body. It would come out as Pearson BTEC HND.

I hope your Wes evaluation works out quick and positive. Best of luck. It should take a couple of weeks to get your documents dispatched to Pearson. Keep your Pearson order reference number and Wes reference number safe with you in case you need to resolve an issue.

Hope this helps!!!

Reactions: nigeli87

TRes1

Feb 6, 2019
Hi guys, have any of you used EPF/ETF funds as a proof of funds?

I'm thinking of showing a combination of my EPF, ETF and bank savings as POF.

Are the EPF and ETF statements sufficient or do we need to also get a letter from them confirming the balance?

nigeli87

Jan 15, 2019
Sri-Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hi guys, have any of you used EPF/ETF funds as a proof of funds?

I'm thinking of showing a combination of my EPF, ETF and bank savings as POF.

Are the EPF and ETF statements sufficient or do we need to also get a letter from them confirming the balance?
I think you will need a letter also because even for bank savings you cannot just use your savings account book as POF, you also need to get a letter from the bank confirming the balance.

uwork

Jan 15, 2019
Hi guys, I have some questions regarding the WES assessment.

1) Is WES the best option? I have heard that it is certainly the fastest.

2) I have a Bachelors and an MBA degree, both from affiliated universities here in Sri Lanka (the parent uni's are in UK and Aus). When applying for WES, should I get both of them assessed, or is the MBA enough (since it is of a Masters level).

3) I don't think asking my universities to directly send my certificates to WES will be easy. But I can try. I also read that we can collect the certificates ourselves from the uni and send to WES. Wouldn't this be easier? Unless this will result in WES being more strict with the assessment to make sure my documents are real.

nigeli87

Jan 15, 2019
Sri-Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hi guys, I have some questions regarding the WES assessment.

1) Is WES the best option? I have heard that it is certainly the fastest.

2) I have a Bachelors and an MBA degree, both from affiliated universities here in Sri Lanka (the parent uni's are in UK and Aus). When applying for WES, should I get both of them assessed, or is the MBA enough (since it is of a Masters level).

3) I don't think asking my universities to directly send my certificates to WES will be easy. But I can try. I also read that we can collect the certificates ourselves from the uni and send to WES. Wouldn't this be easier? Unless this will result in WES being more strict with the assessment to make sure my documents are real.
1. According to me Yes. They are fast, reliable and popular.
2. Well, since there is no additional payment involved I would recommend you to get all your "worthwhile" certificates assessed at once. However, the time taken to send the documents to WES from each uni may vary and any delays will cost you more time.
3. It is not difficult and it is the best option. Its a regular process nowadays and affiliated unis and institutes in Sri-Lanka are aware of it. Just give a written or email request to them and then they will do the needful.

uwork

Jan 15, 2019
1. According to me Yes. They are fast, reliable and popular.
2. Well, since there is no additional payment involved I would recommend you to get all your "worthwhile" certificates assessed at once. However, the time taken to send the documents to WES from each uni may vary and any delays will cost you more time.
3. It is not difficult and it is the best option. Its a regular process nowadays and affiliated unis and institutes in Sri-Lanka are aware of it. Just give a written or email request to them and then they will do the needful.
Thanks for the quick response! :)

Regarding 3. Should the request be sent to the local institute here in SL, or the parent uni overseas? I feel it will be more accurate if the parent university sends it to WES as they are the degree awarding body. I am not sure if the local institute is even capable of creating degree copies.

Earlier on this thread, I see some people had gotten it done from the local institute. Thoughts?

nigeli87

Jan 15, 2019
Sri-Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Thanks for the quick response! :)

Regarding 3. Should the request be sent to the local institute here in SL, or the parent uni overseas? I feel it will be more accurate if the parent university sends it to WES as they are the degree awarding body. I am not sure if the local institute is even capable of creating degree copies.

Earlier on this thread, I see some people had gotten it done from the local institute. Thoughts?
You should request from the local institute in SL.
Then they will forward the request to the parent uni overseas.
Finally, the parent uni will send the documents to WES.

At least, that's what happened to me and I think this is the process everywhere cause local institutes do not have any rights to deal with certificates from other unis.

Kathik2

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-08-2019
IELTS Request
CLB10
Hi fellow Sri lankans,
Can someone guide me the documents required for Police clearance Certificate.
Also i heard that your habe to give all travle details to them is this necesary?