+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry- Can we study in Canada for post-doctorate after getting PR through Express Entry

Silpa29693

Jan 27, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have a few doubts on Express Entry. Kindly help me out if you know about it.

1) I heard that once we get PR through express entry , we have to live in the province allocated for next 5 years...like some kind of rule is there...Is this true?

Are we not allowed to move to other provinces for studying or job ?

2)I am an Indian student currently studying Phd in Electronic engineering in Denmark and my husband is studying M.tech Chemical engineering in Denmark.

We have a plan to move to Canada next year after graduation. Also I want to study post-doctoral program and my husband wants to study PhD.

So is it possible to continue our study in Canada once we get PR through Express entry?

3)Suppose I get admission for post doctoral studies while my Express Entry procedure is going on...so should i be applying separately for student visa?

Will my Express Entry Application clash with my student visa application?

Please help me out regarding the information above.

Thankyou very much for the help in advance.

Regards
Silpa

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

1) I heard that once we get PR through express entry , we have to live in the province allocated for next 5 years...like some kind of rule is there...Is this true?

2)I am an Indian student currently studying Phd in Electronic engineering in Denmark and my husband is studying M.tech Chemical engineering in Denmark.

We have a plan to move to Canada next year after graduation. Also I want to study post-doctoral program and my husband wants to study PhD.

So is it possible to continue our study in Canada once we get PR through Express entry?

3)Suppose I get admission for post doctoral studies while my Express Entry procedure is going on...so should i be applying separately for student visa?

Regards
Silpa
Hello,
For your questions;

1- No such thing. Once you’re a PR, the constitution gives you the right to live anywhere in Canada. Unless a PNP program, maybe a 2 years requirement but not sure.

2- once you’re PR you have the right to do whatever suites your life. Study or work. You’re choice.

3- If I’m not mistaken, you can’t apply for 2 immigration programs at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Doda

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

Regards
Silpa
1. No, not true. If you get PR through PNP, you are expected to make every attempt to actually live in that province but there is no 5 year requirement.

2. Yes.

3. You can apply for both.

Silpa29693

Jan 27, 2020
Hello,
For your questions;

1- No such thing. Once you’re a PR, the constitution gives you the right to live anywhere in Canada. Unless a PNP program, maybe a 2 years requirement but not sure.

2- once you’re PR you have the right to do whatever suites your life. Study or work. You’re choice.

3- If I’m not mistaken, you can’t apply for 2 immigration programs at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Doda
Thankyou Dora
1. No, not true. If you get PR through PNP, you are expected to make every attempt to actually live in that province but there is no 5 year requirement.

2. Yes.

3. You can apply for both.
Thankyou for your reply

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Regards
Silpa
Technically, postdoctoral research is not a study, it would be a job.