+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry application refused...can I apply again ?

nakulgoenka

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Hello All,

After wait of 3 months my PR application under express entry has been refused ..... I wanted to know if I can apply again after refusal .. any similar case ?

Thanks

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nakulgoenka said:
Hello All,

After wait of 3 months my PR application under express entry has been refused ..... I wanted to know if I can apply again after refusal .. any similar case ?

Thanks
wow thats sad and scary. sorry to hear that.

what was the reason for the refusal and can you share your timeline plus what your ecas status was before the refusal.

a number of people have raised CSEs though when their app gets cancelled. Not sure about refusals.

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey, really sorry to hear that but can you share the exact reason for the refusal as the seniors might be able to help you out and i have seen CIC refusing applications for some stupid reason and then people do some case specific inquiries and get back on track. So, the exact reason for refusal might help us help you and ourselves.. !!

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nakulgoenka said:
Hello All,

Thanks
What was the reason they gave for rejecting the application?

I'm sorry to hear that :(

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nakulgoenka said:
Hello All,

Thanks
If you got rejected due to missing documents you have a letter from cic where it says that you can male a new profile and reapply.

I would also check other threads before making a new one. If you have been following the forum you could see this thing of refusals and cancelations going on for months now.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cryptic said:
LOL at you lot. He asked the question of whether he can apply again. But you jumped straight away to asking him for why he got refused. You guys don't care about helping him, but just yourselves. You try to leech of his pains to benefit yourselves.

The answer is yes to your question btw.
If the OP was refused for misrepresentation, the answer is actually no. If the OP is inadmissible, the answer is actually no.
So, it DOES matter WHY he was refused.

Reactions: shaizeik

marjo ri co

Jan 22, 2015
Hi to all. My application was also refused on September 8, the reason is my employer failed to provide the NOA and income tax return information or RC143. My lmia is already expired, is there a possible that I can appeal to reopen my application?

Reactions: CHECKSUM

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
marjo ri co said:
Hi to all. My application was also refused on September 8, the reason is my employer failed to provide the NOA and income tax return information or RC143. My lmia is already expired, is there a possible that I can appeal to reopen my application?
If the error was by CIC, maybe. If the error was by you or your employer, probably not.

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
If the OP was refused for misrepresentation, the answer is actually no. If the OP is inadmissible, the answer is actually no.
So, it DOES matter WHY he was refused.
what do you mean by misrepresentation?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrj123 said:
what do you mean by misrepresentation?
When the VO assesses your eligibility (references, IELTS, ECA, etc.) if they decide you are not eligible for the program you applied for, they then must assess whether you made a mistake or deliberately lied - something like faked your test results, or got a fake reference letter from one of those places that offers them, or claimed a loan was a gift. If they think you deliberately lied, they make an assessment of "misrepresentation" and then you can't reapply for 5 years. But I haven't read of anyone on this board being accused of misrepresentations.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dobes said:
When the VO assesses your eligibility (references, IELTS, ECA, etc.) if they decide you are not eligible for the program you applied for, they then must assess whether you made a mistake or deliberately lied - something like faked your test results, or got a fake reference letter from one of those places that offers them, or claimed a loan was a gift. If they think you deliberately lied, they make an assessment of "misrepresentation" and then you can't reapply for 5 years. But I haven't read of anyone on this board being accused of misrepresentations.
Quite a few people on here have been banned from Canada for misrepresentation. It doesn't even have to be deliberate. If you have a representative and they submit false information to "help" you, it's you that gets banned, even if you were not aware. See CANLII for example cases.

For information, here is the appropriate legislation. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/FullText.html
Misrepresentation

40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

(b) for being or having been sponsored by a person who is determined to be inadmissible for misrepresentation;

(c) on a final determination to vacate a decision to allow their claim for refugee protection or application for protection; or

(d) on ceasing to be a citizen under

(i) paragraph 10(1)(a) of the Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before the coming into force of section 8 of the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in subsection 10(2) of the Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before that coming into force,

(ii) subsection 10(1) of the Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in section 10.2 of that Act, or

(iii) Paragraph 10.1(3)(a) of the Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in section 10.2 of that Act.

Marginal note:Application

(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):

(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of a determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced; and

(b) paragraph (1)(b) does not apply unless the Minister is satisfied that the facts of the case justify the inadmissibility.

Marginal note:Inadmissible

(3) A foreign national who is inadmissible under this section may not apply for permanent resident status during the period referred to in paragraph (2)(a).

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
Quite a few people on here have been banned from Canada for misrepresentation. It doesn't even have to be deliberate. If you have a representative and they submit false information to "help" you, it's you that gets banned, even if you were not aware. See CANLII for example cases.

For information, here is the appropriate legislation. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/FullText.html
Misrepresentation IS deliberate. That is, you have to lie, commit fraud, or otherwise put forward something as true that you know isn't true, or withhold (again, withhold includes intent) information that CIC has asked for. And yes, you can also be banned if a representative does it without your knowledge, just as you are responsible for unpaid taxes and fines when you used an unethical tax accountant.

But the need for intent (or, at the very least, a kind of gross negligence) is why it is rare for a rejection to include a ban for misrepresentation.

From CIC: It is a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents, when you deal with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). This is fraud. It is called “misrepresentation.” This equates fraud - which always includes an intent to deceive - with misrepresentation. Absent a finding of intent to deceive, misrepresentation should involve recklessness, or a level of negligence beyond the ordinary.

I do get tired of people on this board worrying about being banned for misrepresentation because they forgot to fill in a 3-day holiday on their travel forms or misspelled the name of the place where they worked 8 years ago!

iyamsky_04

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
YES
Hi i also got a refusal letter sept. 23 2015 the CO says that my job offer doesnt constitute a permanent job offer actually as far as i know we are four in our company to receive that letter while we have two co-workers have been approved usung the same exact format of the said job offer. Any same situations here?

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iyamsky_04 said:
Hi i also got a refusal letter sept. 23 2015 the CO says that my job offer doesnt constitute a permanent job offer actually as far as i know we are four in our company to receive that letter while we have two co-workers have been approved usung the same exact format of the said job offer. Any same situations here?
yes, many with the same.
this is all about luck, an the officer that is working on your application..
it hurts tho.

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
iyamsky_04 said:
Do you have LMIA