+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry application cancelled

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Hi. I just had my express entry application cancelled. The reason given was I did not provide proof of my education. I did upload my educational credential assessment certificate for my degree. Can anyone tell me what else I should have uploaded??

Also, can anyone tell me how the refund process goes? The letter said I'll receive a refund. I am the principle applicant but my husband paid the fees with his card. Do we get a cheque in the mail? Do I have to do anything to get it? How long does it take to get the refund?

Thanks

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
GSherriff said:
Hi. I just had my express entry application cancelled. The reason given was I did not provide proof of my education. I did upload my educational credential assessment certificate for my degree. Can anyone tell me what else I should have uploaded??

Also, can anyone tell me how the refund process goes? The letter said I'll receive a refund. I am the principle applicant but my husband paid the fees with his card. Do we get a cheque in the mail? Do I have to do anything to get it? How long does it take to get the refund?

Thanks
I am sorry to hear that. CIC is on a decline spree. It scares a lot as even after providing the docs, they do not provide a chance to explain.

faizal3788

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GSherriff said:

Thanks
I am so sorry for your result. I guess you can apply again doing things from first. If you are in Canada, make an contact with call centre and know about the details of refund. what was your crs score ? which category you applied? what is you timeline?
If you could share , seniors can help you with some answers

nadsicle

Apr 23, 2015
GSherriff said:

Thanks

Hi GSheriff,

Could it be that you did not upload your diploma or transcript and only the credential assessment evaluation?

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
I think I need to use my degree cert also next time. Yes it's frustrating that one little mistake means I have to start over. No worries, I just resubmitted Ee profile so waiting for another ITA now. I will be sure to triple check all my docs next time!!

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
GSherriff said:

Thanks
Sorry to hear that,, pls share your timelines and scores...

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
So did you just upload your WES certification without your degree certificate GSherriff, was that the problem?

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Hey Conor, I uploaded only my ECA from University of Toronto (is this the same as WES?). The certificate showed my degree was comparable to a Canadian degree. I did not upload my certificate of my own university. The letter telling me the application was cancelled was not clear as to what the exact issue was. It only said I had not provided evidence of my Education. Also I had included my High school and college in my profile but had not uploaded any documents to prove these so that May have been the problem also. On my new EE profile I only mentioned my highest level of education. I phoned the call centre for help but the guy just told me an email address to contact. They haven't replied to my questions!

Does any one have any experience with getting a refund?

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
As a rule of thumb always include your education from bottom up. That is your bachelors to Master's. WES evaluations should be done for both even though some people might say to get the highest degree evaluated. It is always much safer to get both evaluated. Also while uploading documents include degree/transcripts of bachelor's, master's and the WES ECA . Uploading everything is much better than not uploading. Best of Luck!

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
GSherriff said:
I think I need to use my degree cert also next time. Yes it's frustrating that one little mistake means I have to start over. No worries, I just resubmitted Ee profile so waiting for another ITA now. I will be sure to triple check all my docs next time!!
I feel sorry about your news. By the way what is your CRS score and till when you have your work permit. I read some posts in this forum saying, their work permit is expired while their application is in process.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your story. YES IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE YOU DID NOT INCLUDE YOUR DEGREE CERTIFICATE.
next time make sure that you upload your degree certificate in addition to WES. I know a lot of people in the old system who got their files returned just because they forgot to include degree certificates.
Also, WES evaluation for the highest degree is more than enough.
Hope that helps.
cheers

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Thanks for replies. I used CES not WES for my assessment but they are still approved by CIC. Anyway, now as it happens I have lost my degree certificate :eek: but no worries, I ordered a duplicate from my university. Is the certificate all I need? Surely not the transcripts as well??

I phoned the help centre this morning and was told it may take up to 16 weeks!!! To get my refund!!! How does that work!!!

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
GSherriff said:
Thanks for replies. I used CES not WES for my assessment but they are still approved by CIC. Anyway, now as it happens I have lost my degree certificate :eek: but no worries, I ordered a duplicate from my university. Is the certificate all I need? Surely not the transcripts as well??

I phoned the help centre this morning and was told it may take up to 16 weeks!!! To get my refund!!! How does that work!!!
Include your transcript as well..

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
curious_123 said:
Include your transcript as well..
hey.. when i checked this link (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/document-checklist-fsw-t278095.0.html#msg4189374), in the Education Diplomas/Degrees section, its written like "You must have completed a Bachelor's degree before a Master's degree can be earned". In my case I have done bachelors from India and Masters from Canada, so I have to include my bachelors info also in my profile? I dont have ECA for bachelors. Anyway, adding bachelors degree info in profile doesnt make any difference to my CRS points.