+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry application cancelled

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
gibinv said:
hey.. when i checked this link (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/document-checklist-fsw-t278095.0.html#msg4189374), in the Education Diplomas/Degrees section, its written like "You must have completed a Bachelor's degree before a Master's degree can be earned". In my case I have done bachelors from India and Masters from Canada, so I have to include my bachelors info also in my profile? I dont have ECA for bachelors. Anyway, adding bachelors degree info in profile doesnt make any difference to my CRS points.
.I spoke to a lawyer only regarding this..and he said that "The master's credential is higher than “two or more post-secondary education credentials”. You received 50 points under skill transferability for doing the masters"

also if you see the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

you will see masters is above "two or more post-secondary program credentials"

also this is official cic tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

all they ask for highest degree and do not ask if you have an additional degree ? hope this helps

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
curious_123 said:
.I spoke to a lawyer only regarding this..and he said that "The master's credential is higher than “two or more post-secondary education credentials”. You received 50 points under skill transferability for doing the masters"

also if you see the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

you will see masters is above "two or more post-secondary program credentials"

also this is official cic tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

all they ask for highest degree and do not ask if you have an additional degree ? hope this helps
Thanks, I am planning to include my Canadian masters degree only in the express entry profile, and submit the bachelors degree details as additional supporting document as I dont have ECA for that.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
GSherriff said:
Thanks for replies. I used CES not WES for my assessment but they are still approved by CIC. Anyway, now as it happens I have lost my degree certificate :eek: but no worries, I ordered a duplicate from my university. Is the certificate all I need? Surely not the transcripts as well??

I phoned the help centre this morning and was told it may take up to 16 weeks!!! To get my refund!!! How does that work!!!
Sorry to hear about your rejection.

With regard to your refund, I am currently waiting on a refund from my FSW 2014 application. In my letter CIC says I will receive a credit on my credit card in 12-16 weeks. My letter was dated March 17, 2015, so I've been waiting 7 weeks now. I'm not sure if the same applies to EE.

All the best with your new application.

IzzieO

Jun 29, 2015
Same thing just happened to me! I uploaded my WES document, plus my degree. I do not have a Masters. Did your application go through the second time? Or what did they say when they finally responded to your email?

WES actually delivers the originals of the documents to CIC (I am assuming that this is for proof)

Jul 8, 2015
Has Anyone got through the ITA without assessing their Bachelor's degree too. I have evaluated my Masters's degree (UK) with WES but havent done the same for my Bachelors ( India). A lot of people say "it would be nice " to do your Bachelor's too but when time is of the essence and you have less than 60 days to evaluate your Bachelors , it doesnt help ! :( .

Just wondering if anyone got through without evaluating their Bachelors from WES ?

Thanks

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
underrated_superhero said:
Has Anyone got through the ITA without assessing their Bachelor's degree too. I have evaluated my Masters's degree (UK) with WES but havent done the same for my Bachelors ( India). A lot of people say "it would be nice " to do your Bachelor's too but when time is of the essence and you have less than 60 days to evaluate your Bachelors , it doesnt help ! :( .

Just wondering if anyone got through without evaluating their Bachelors from WES ?

Thanks
If your Master's was assessed as the equivalency of a Canadian Master's then there is no need to evaluate your Bachelor's.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Masters was from UK and I am getting the ECA for that...but my Bachelor's is from an American University, so should I just upload that as it is? Because WES doesn't exactly send an evaluation for an American degree..as I understand it.

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
underrated_superhero said:

Thanks
accessed just my master through WES. Masters was from UK and report was "equivalent to canadian masters". presently my EE is at the background check stage so.....
wonder if that helps.

just a thought. if for example one has Bsc in Engineering with an MBA, i will strongly advise doing both ECA in my opinion especially if your NOC is engineering related. i might be wrong though in my assessment.

anyone with clearer views can proffer more explanations.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
GSherriff said:
Hi. I just had my express entry application cancelled. The reason given was I did not provide proof of my education. I did upload my educational credential assessment certificate for my degree. Can anyone tell me what else I should have uploaded??

Also, can anyone tell me how the refund process goes? The letter said I'll receive a refund. I am the principle applicant but my husband paid the fees with his card. Do we get a cheque in the mail? Do I have to do anything to get it? How long does it take to get the refund?

Thanks
Hello mate,
Im so sorry to hear about your situation. But what happened has happened. I too was in the same boat.
Option 1: You can file Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to get your application reopened by uploading filling in the application form online and upload the missing degree certificates.
Option 2: You can create a new EE profile and submit it. Hopefully, you might get an ITA and apply again.
My advice is to proceed with both the options simultaneously.
Good Luck.

CCHA

Nov 30, 2014
GSherriff said:
Hi. I just had my express entry application cancelled. The reason given was I did not provide proof of my education. I did upload my educational credential assessment certificate for my degree. Can anyone tell me what else I should have uploaded??

Also, can anyone tell me how the refund process goes? The letter said I'll receive a refund. I am the principle applicant but my husband paid the fees with his card. Do we get a cheque in the mail? Do I have to do anything to get it? How long does it take to get the refund?

Thanks
I'm sorry to hear about the cancellation. We are in the same boat, however I don't know the reason mine was cancelled. How do you know that yours was due to the proof of education? Did you get a specific message saying this? How long after the AOR? I only got a message saying my application had been updated but when I go to myCIC the last message is the AOR. :eek:

From the information I gathered here, it seems you can send a CSE with the missing documents, and they will reopen your application. After that you will receive a message with a link to pay the fees again.

Thanks, C

Rush28

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

Is there anyyyyone whose application got approved even when they had uploaded just the WES report and not the degree copies...I realised now that i have made the same mistake and am dreading rejection.. :( but i thought that the fact that WES has evaluated and cleared my Bachelors and masters degree and given a valid report will be enough for CIC. :(

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is there anyyyyone whose application got approved even when they had uploaded just the WES report and not the degree copies...I realised now that i have made the same mistake and am dreading rejection.. :( but i thought that the fact that WES has evaluated and cleared my Bachelors and masters degree and given a valid report will be enough for CIC. :(
Raise a CSE with your degree.

Rush28

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
right now only...or after the application has been rejected?
also, how would i know which office my application has gone to...I am residing in india and applied through express entry..will it be Delhi from the options given?