+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
An update on my application today...CIC asked me to submit updated FBI Police clearance certificate by 30-Jul-2015. If not provided, my app can be rejected..They have clearly stated it in letter of request.

"FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate Please provide the updated FBI Certificates for you and your spouse This must be received at this office by: 2015/07/30"

I hope I can recieve it from FBI by this time, I submiited application to FBI in mid of Mar; bit worried about timeline..

Just fyi- I submitted FBI certif which I got in Sep 2014; and I left USA in Nov 2014.. I had also provided letter of explanation that I have re-applied for Fresh FBI with proof of it while submitting my app..

I guess I just have to wait and wish that FBI releases it prior 31-Jul..Please suggest if any other alternative.

hudemanf

Mar 19, 2015
Hi guys, my BC changed from in progress to not needed at this time today when i log in myCIC, i noticed my application status is updated, so i click into details, then i found this change. what this mean and why they change my bc status back to not needed at this time? that is so weird, does anybody has this one for the books?

my time line

creat profile: 4th Jan
ITA: 20th Mar
Submit: 27th Mar
AOR: 27th Mar
Mer: 2nd Apr
BC start: 7th Apr
2nd AOR: 8th May
Additional Document submit: 9th (May Schedule A)
BC change to not needed at this time today...

eCAS application received, 3lines from 7th Apr,
changed to 2 lines at 8th May: 1. we received your application at 27 Mar, 2. mer

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
jaffa83 said:
Thanks dude!! +1 for your help.

Hello Jaffa83,

when you got the PPR, did the additional document section of your profile indicate that you they need additional docs from you. I ask because mine indicates that they need additional doc which I assume is my passport. I mailed it them yesterday (02 June).

I assume when the passport gets to the VO. the status would change? Please share yours with me to be sure I am not missing anything out.

Thanks

zolloo

Nov 6, 2014
I experienced exactly the same thing as you today:
1) Background check changed from 'Not Started' to 'Not Needed at this time".
2) ECAS changed from 3 lines to 2 lines.
I totally have no idea what CIC is doing, maybe just make MyCIC more accurate by aligning with ECAS?

Anyone has any ideas?

BR
zolloo

hudemanf said:
Hi guys, my BC changed from in progress to not needed at this time today when i log in myCIC, i noticed my application status is updated, so i click into details, then i found this change. what this mean and why they change my bc status back to not needed at this time? that is so weird, does anybody has this one for the books?

my time line

creat profile: 4th Jan
ITA: 20th Mar
Submit: 27th Mar
AOR: 27th Mar
Mer: 2nd Apr
BC start: 7th Apr
2nd AOR: 8th May
Additional Document submit: 9th (May Schedule A)
BC change to not needed at this time today...

eCAS application received, 3lines from 7th Apr,
changed to 2 lines at 8th May: 1. we received your application at 27 Mar, 2. mer

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
candy18 said:
FSW, My husband is the principal applicant and im dependent
Congrats Candy. Did your husband submit your application or you hired a consultant/lawyer/representative?

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
iceberge said:
Profile Created: April 2
ITA: April 10 - CEC
Application submitted: June 2
AOR: June 2

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed -June 2
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant (Celpip) - Doc provided -June 2
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
A final decision has been reached: Not Started
Thank you for the timeline iceberge. If I may ask, when did you do your medicals and do you know when the clinic uploaded the results?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
gtvisa2020 said:
Thank you for the timeline iceberge. If I may ask, when did you do your medicals and do you know when the clinic uploaded the results?
I have done medical in May first and my doctor sent the medical report to CIC about 2 weeks ago, nearby May 14 or 15th.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
rajulita02 said:
An update on my application today...CIC asked me to submit updated FBI Police clearance certificate by 30-Jul-2015. If not provided, my app can be rejected..They have clearly stated it in letter of request.

"FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate Please provide the updated FBI Certificates for you and your spouse This must be received at this office by: 2015/07/30"

I hope I can recieve it from FBI by this time, I submiited application to FBI in mid of Mar; bit worried about timeline..

Just fyi- I submitted FBI certif which I got in Sep 2014; and I left USA in Nov 2014.. I had also provided letter of explanation that I have re-applied for Fresh FBI with proof of it while submitting my app..

I guess I just have to wait and wish that FBI releases it prior 31-Jul..Please suggest if any other alternative.
I submitted my app for FBI PCC and reached clarksburg on FEb 18 and it was approved on May 12 and received back in May 20 in Canada. so it took me 12 weeks to receive back since they received it. So calculate your timeline based on that.

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Thanks Jaffa83 for the timeline.. Based on it, I can expect it around Jun End maximum; which should be fine with me. as CIC has asked to submit till 31-Jul.

Just a query- does this also mean that CIC will not start lookiing at other factors(like Employment records, payslips etc etc..) to my apps until they receive FBI PCC.??

jaffa83 said:
I submitted my app for FBI PCC and reached clarksburg on FEb 18 and it was approved on May 12 and received back in May 20 in Canada. so it took me 12 weeks to receive back since they received it. So calculate your timeline based on that.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
sk2013 said:
Yea quick ... profile create date matters. whoever had created profile in jan gets priority. ita and application submission date does not matter as much.
I do not think the profile created date matters. I created profile in Jan and no updates till now. I think the visa office where it is processed matters.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
Righteous said:
Hey Jaffa83,

I assumed that was suppose to be the case when i got the SCH-A request earlier as I was asked to write for specific period but i was asked to a month after resubmit another stating my timeline for past 10 years.

If your timeline cant take the space provided, they advise that one use a extra sheet. the instruction is a the top of the Schedule A forms.

all the best
Thanks for the info dude!!

Thanks @niagary for your wishes and whoever else wished.