iceberge said:
Profile Created: April 2
ITA: April 10 - CEC
Application submitted: June 2
AOR: June 2

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed -June 2
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant (Celpip) - Doc provided -June 2
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
A final decision has been reached: Not Started
Iceberg,
I can see that you are making progress, I have no progress what so ever, which is FREAKING ME OUT :eek: .

anyway good luck.

CANIndn

May 26, 2015
rajulita02 said:
An update on my application today...CIC asked me to submit updated FBI Police clearance certificate by 30-Jul-2015. If not provided, my app can be rejected..They have clearly stated it in letter of request.

"FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate Please provide the updated FBI Certificates for you and your spouse This must be received at this office by: 2015/07/30"

I hope I can recieve it from FBI by this time, I submiited application to FBI in mid of Mar; bit worried about timeline..

Just fyi- I submitted FBI certif which I got in Sep 2014; and I left USA in Nov 2014.. I had also provided letter of explanation that I have re-applied for Fresh FBI with proof of it while submitting my app..

I guess I just have to wait and wish that FBI releases it prior 31-Jul..Please suggest if any other alternative.
When did you apply for new FBI clearance? I submitted FBI request application around Dec 17, 2014 I think and received it on March 23, 2015. It would roughly be a 3 months wait. On their website it showed waiting period is 4 months, but I got little sooner than 4 months. I cant think of an alternative and I don't think we can contact them also to expedite the request. Hopefully you should get within 3 months of applying.

pk1988

May 21, 2015
Hello all, in my application, Background Check is updated to "In Progress" from "Not needed at this time". ECAS isn't updated though, and there is no change in any other section. Medical Results are still "Not needed at this time". Has anyone seen similar update in the application?

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
niagary said:
What is your processing visa office?
How do you know which VO is responsible for your app? Based on Country of Residence? If so, is there any link that lists countries and their VOs?
Thank you!

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
rajulita02 said:
Thanks Jaffa83 for the timeline.. Based on it, I can expect it around Jun End maximum; which should be fine with me. as CIC has asked to submit till 31-Jul.

Just a query- does this also mean that CIC will not start lookiing at other factors(like Employment records, payslips etc etc..) to my apps until they receive FBI PCC.??
It states on your letter itself, their terminology in the letter states what's your file status.What I mean is: In my letter that I received yesterday (June 02) I have seen the term "We have began processing your application for permanent residence in Canada and we need the following information to make a decision".

But when they requested me my CELPIP in April 15th, which they received the application at that time says "In order to start processing your application we need the following the document from you".

This tells you the way the file assessment status. Hope this explains your question.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
gtvisa2020 said:
How do you know which VO is responsible for your app? Based on Country of Residence? If so, is there any link that lists countries and their VOs?
Thank you!
It will be dependent on the place currently you live in. Say, if you're in US but a citizen of Asian country then your LVO is Embassy of Canada in Washington (since the main office of your current Country of residence but not necessarily this and they can reroute your processing to Los Angeles VO if your application is a self-employed, QSWP etc). If your citizenship and current residency is same then the Canadian Embassy in your home country is responsible for issuing the PR VISAs. For excample. In India the PR application can be processed from either Embassy in New Delhi or VO Mumbai. It depends on the category they apply and we never know who it is. Though you have other VOs in Bangalore and Chandigarh they only process TRVs and Non-Resident permits.

So the reason why the CIC asks to update the change of address is to make sure that your application is with the right office to request the PP once they make a positive decision.

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
jaffa83 said:
It will be dependent on the place currently you live in. Say, if you're in US but a citizen of Asian country then your LVO is Embassy of Canada in Washington (since the main office of your current Country of residence but not necessarily this and they can reroute your processing to Los Angeles VO if your application is a self-employed, QSWP etc). If your citizenship and current residency is same then the Canadian Embassy in your home country is responsible for issuing the PR VISAs. For excample. In India the PR application can be processed from either Embassy in New Delhi or VO Mumbai. It depends on the category they apply and we never know who it is. Though you have other VOs in Bangalore and Chandigarh they only process TRVs and Non-Resident permits.

So the reason why the CIC asks to update the change of address is to make sure that your application is with the right office to request the PP once they make a positive decision.
This makes sense. Thanks Jaffa.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
pk1988 said:
Hello all, in my application, Background Check is updated to "In Progress" from "Not needed at this time". ECAS isn't updated though, and there is no change in any other section. Medical Results are still "Not needed at this time". Has anyone seen similar update in the application?
Hi pk1988, could you share your timeline including program you applied for?
I assume that's good news, meaning that they finished checking your background.

girirv

Jan 26, 2015
Hi Friends,

Can you please advise me, Just now my MYCIC status - says that application is recieved. But my Candapost Return mail tracker was not updated and didnt recieve my Passports and landing & apporval letters.

Is it same for everyone, or Once status updates in MYCIC and later you will recieve passports and landing pappers to your address ?

I have submitted my passports on 23rd May 2015 and reached to Ottawa on 26th May - afternoon. Till now I didnt recieve my passports & other documents.

Application/profile status :Closed
Review of eligibility :passed
Review of medical results :passed
Review of submitted documents :provided
Scheduling an interview:
A background check is needed:Complete
A final decision has been reached :This application has been approved

ECAS status : Decsion Made
1.We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2015.

2.We started processing your application on April 29, 2015.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Please advise

Thanks
Giri

girirv

Jan 26, 2015
Sorry - application closed

Hi Friends,

Can you please advise me, Just now my MYCIC status - says that application is Closed. But my Candapost Return mail tracker was not updated and didnt recieve my Passports and landing & apporval letters.

Is it same for everyone, or Once status updates in MYCIC and later you will recieve passports and landing pappers to your address ?

I have submitted my passports on 23rd May 2015 and reached to Ottawa on 26th May - afternoon. Till now I didnt recieve my passports & other documents.

Application/profile status :Closed
Review of eligibility :passed
Review of medical results :passed
Review of submitted documents :provided
Scheduling an interview:
A background check is needed:Complete
A final decision has been reached :This application has been approved

ECAS status : Decsion Made
1.We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2015.

2.We started processing your application on April 29, 2015.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Please advise

Thanks
Giri

pk1988

May 21, 2015
brunofuster said:
Hi pk1988, could you share your timeline including program you applied for?
I assume that's good news, meaning that they finished checking your background.
ITA Received - Mar 20
Application Submitted - May 6
AOR Received - May 6

Review of eligibility - Review in Progress
Review of medical results - Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - In Progress (changed today)
A final decision has been reached - Not Started

No change in ECAS status