+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

allthebest

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Anyone can help me please on question below. Plzz

allthebest said:
I have issue on country of birth. Apparently my e-medical was filed with wrong country of birth by the clinic. Ever since then I have my medical passed, BG check not started but the strange thing is my app status is now no longer accessible in ecas.
How do I get this corrected? am a bit worried now that because of this the application is put pending. I hope not.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
allthebest said:
Anyone can help me please on question below. Plzz
I think you should call your doctor and make sure that that's what happened. If so, ask them if there's anything they can do to notify CIC and send you a letter explaining what happened and then you can open a case specific request to CIC

arleneramiro

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
xingsingh said:
Hi

what is medicals passed and back ground check
Medical passed-your medical result was okay and background check is when they verify the authenticity of the documents you submitted, may call your previous or current employers, and do a criminality check as well.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaffa83 said:
1. Since, you have neither received a file number nor it got rejected/cancelled so you can say NO. I applied for CEC in Nov 2014, but same like yours cap reached and returned and submitted the new APR via EE with by selecting NO.

2. It is not required to mention unless you're claiming points for the +2 as your Highest level of education. I would suggest add them and they never ask you (I have not seen so far unless scheduled for an interview) for the certificates.

3. Did not get your question, Can you explain more on this so that myself or anyone else can help you.

Thank you for the reply jaffa83...

Regarding the 3rd question, i.e, when selecting the Territory, I had opted for "Ontario". On this selection "Yes/No" drop down appeared below. And the below statement:-
"The information contained in your Express Entry submission is collected by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade (MCIIT) for use in connection with your participation in Ontario Express Entry. By expressing an interest in Ontario, you authorise MCIIT to collect this information from CIC, and for MCIIT to disclose this information to potential employers, as may be required in connection with your participation in Ontario Express Entry."

Should I proceed with "YES"?

Thanks in advance...

devilsreign

Apr 9, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question on the PCC. I know a lot has been discussed, but I find myself in a unique position here:

Countries stayed in more than 6 months: India and UAE

Case: I am currently in the UAE and I filed my application on the 2nd of April. My medicals have been passed and now I see that my Background check hasn't started.
As a part of this application I submitted 2 PCC's. The one from UAE was a recent one (<3months old). The one from India however was issued in December 2014. I have travelled to India only once between December and now for just 3-4 days. Based on the new rules will this be considered as a stay and will my PCC submitted for India then be invalid?

Do let me know what you think about the above. Thanks

tbcan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
my thoughts - based on what i have read - it should be fine - you are now living in UAE by the sound of it, the 3-4days in india should count as a trip

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
rj1jr said:
Thank you for the reply jaffa83...

Regarding the 3rd question, i.e, when selecting the Territory, I had opted for "Ontario". On this selection "Yes/No" drop down appeared below. And the below statement:-
"The information contained in your Express Entry submission is collected by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade (MCIIT) for use in connection with your participation in Ontario Express Entry. By expressing an interest in Ontario, you authorise MCIIT to collect this information from CIC, and for MCIIT to disclose this information to potential employers, as may be required in connection with your participation in Ontario Express Entry."

Should I proceed with "YES"?

Thanks in advance...
Use YES, Good Luck

Papajohns

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
CIC will 100% ask u for RCMP if all ur name is Given Name and NO surname or if all ur name is in Surname but no given name . Check ur work permits for dat ..

Secondly CIC now taking around 34-40 days for PPR after ur status changed to BG in process and in ECAS 3rd line appears i.e. Medical received ..

One more think 34-40 days are only for the applicants who do not need to provide additional documents ..

If they ask for additional documents wait time can go further ..

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Papajohns said:
CIC will 100% ask u for RCMP if all ur name is Given Name and NO surname or if all ur name is in Surname but no given name . Check ur work permits for dat ..

Secondly CIC now taking around 34-40 days for PPR after ur status changed to BG in process and in ECAS 3rd line appears i.e. Medical received ..

One more think 34-40 days are only for the applicants who do not need to provide additional documents ..

If they ask for additional documents wait time can go further ..
Just curious...how did you arrive at this observation ?

allthebest

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
brunofuster said:
I think you should call your doctor and make sure that that's what happened. If so, ask them if there's anything they can do to notify CIC and send you a letter explaining what happened and then you can open a case specific request to CIC
thanks, will call the doc tomorrow morning and check. is the link to case specific request different from case specific enquiry?

krayzieforu

Apr 18, 2015
allthebest said:
I have issue on country of birth. Apparently my e-medical was filed with wrong country of birth by the clinic. Ever since then I have my medical passed, BG check not started but the strange thing is my app status is now no longer accessible in ecas.
How do I get this corrected? am a bit worried now that because of this the application is put pending. I hope not.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
same here, i got incorrect country of birth in my emedical. How will it be corrected? and will it impact my application? I didnt submit yet my file

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
I have this question :

I graduated my bachelor degree in 2012 ( Mechanical Engineer ) - but I started working in 2011 .

When they asked me in the PR application : when was I qualified to perform this job , I mentioned 2012 .

do you think they are going to disqualify me , or reject my work experience till I received my Bachelor degree ?

I am supporting my experience with social contribution slips to the government and Reference letter , and boss business card ,

BTW , do they contact your employer ? , do they notify them earlier to doing so ? so that they are able to respond to their phone call ?

-----------
EE profile :27th oof March
ITA : 27th of March
Application Submitted : 24th of April
AOR : 24th of March
No update
No ECAS

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi all,

My wife changed her lastname after she got married. Do you know what kind of letter be sufficient for the following purpose? She has previous passport with her original last name, and now a new passport with my last name.

Since changing name after marriage is common (??), can I just submit letter of explanation, or should I submit something more legal?

Document: Legal Name Change Doc.
You indicated you have another name. You must provide information on the use of this other name (such as a letter of explanation, legal documents of a name change, etc).

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
patreya said:
Hi all,

My wife changed her lastname after she got married. Do you know what kind of letter be sufficient for the following purpose? She has previous passport with her original last name, and now a new passport with my last name.

Since changing name after marriage is common (??), can I just submit letter of explanation, or should I submit something more legal?

Document: Legal Name Change Doc.
You indicated you have another name. You must provide information on the use of this other name (such as a letter of explanation, legal documents of a name change, etc).
Same situation. What I was told by my consultant (and what I'll do) is to upload the marriage certificate. Exact same thing that I'll be uploading as my document as proof of marriage.

My original certificate is in Arabic. I got it translated and attested by the Ministry of Justice and Foreign Affairs in Dubai.

Hope this helps.