+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
To those who medical documents status change, how long did it take to update after your doctor send the exam?

I feel like Im falling behind, my status is Review in Progress since February 17. Nothing has changed in regards to background check or medical.

Did you guys get a new nessage everytime they updated the application?

Arlphil

Feb 28, 2015
Hello i have some question please! if i have applied for ainp is it ok to apply for express entry.help pls tnx

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fvidania said:
To those who medical documents status change, how long did it take to update after your doctor send the exam?

I feel like Im falling behind, my status is Review in Progress since February 17. Nothing has changed in regards to background check or medical.

Did you guys get a new nessage everytime they updated the application?
same here since 14th

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Recently I went thru medicals and the doctor told me if there is any problem with meds then further tests will be carried out in a week. So clinic would contact you for further test, in case of issues. I know CIC has the last authority to decide on reports but I believe only process is taking time. So stay positive. Looks like people are expecting 3 months of processing for PR against 6 months promised by CIC. :p :p :p

EET

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 FEB
AOR Received.
9 FEB
Med's Done....
7 FEB
Applied on 7th Feb after medical on the same date but no updates other than Review of Eligibility: "in progress"

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
I submitted the documents on Feb 19 and on the AOR letter received on Feb 20 it says that I applied on Jan 4th - I believe that it's the time I started my online profile. Do you think that 6 month of process can be relevant to the date specified on the AOR letter - Jan 4th?

EET

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 FEB
AOR Received.
9 FEB
Med's Done....
7 FEB
cosgrec said:
I submitted the documents on Feb 19 and on the AOR letter received on Feb 20 it says that I applied on Jan 4th - I believe that it's the time I started my online profile. Do you think that 6 month of process can be relevant to the date specified on the AOR letter - Jan 4th?
This is an interesting question and i hope it should start from that date as 4th Jan in your case and 3 Jan in mine. but there is a down side of it that if somebody has started his profile on 2nd January and get an ITA in June then his/her 6 months would already be completed. so does not make any sense in that case.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
Processing dates just star when the application is submitted and not when you creat your EE profile!

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
cosgrec said:
Definitely not. CIC website stated when the start time and end time for this 6-month period and it noted that the 6-month period only applies to time that CIC has control of. If you take 3 months to get a Police Certificate then CIC is not responsible for that extra 3 months :)

Good luck.

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys !!

I have a little problem with the checklist. Are they need the reference letters in english or the original copy is fine for work history? i didnt see any instruction about this. of course i have it all in my native language :( thx

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Instead of worrying about why your application doesn't have any updates for the past two weeks while others are getting requests for more documents and background check updates, consider that you have submitted an application that includes everything that CIC asks for; thus, there is no updates for you.

In terms of background check status, if yours say not needed at this time I'd consider yourself lucky because it basically means CIC hasn't find anything out of place that need extra check. I guess if they do not need to spend extra time on your application they won't update it now and focus on the ones that need extra work. Now, I am not encouraging people to submit incomplete application to prompt attention from CIC because this could prolong your application especially if extensive background check is needed.

Last but not least, consider we are all the lucky ones who can fast track through the system compare to the ones who applied through the old system :)

Good luck to you all.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
eddie.r said:
Hey guys !!

I have a little problem with the checklist. Are they need the reference letters in english or the original copy is fine for work history? i didnt see any instruction about this. of course i have it all in my native language :( thx
Then you need to translate all your original copies into English. They need to be able to understand it and the translation needs to be official too, can't just be done by yourself.

Good luck.

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awesome thx. money money money......and money. i have spent 2000$ already now again around 1000$ plus the 2300$ fees .....ahhhhhh they know how to make money :(

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
ngelsa said:
Instead of worrying about why your application doesn't have any updates for the past two weeks while others are getting requests for more documents and background check updates, consider that you have submitted an application that includes everything that CIC asks for; thus, there is no updates for you.

In terms of background check status, if yours say not needed at this time I'd consider yourself lucky because it basically means CIC hasn't find anything out of place that need extra check. I guess if they do not need to spend extra time on your application they won't update it now and focus on the ones that need extra work. Now, I am not encouraging people to submit incomplete application to prompt attention from CIC because this could prolong your application especially if extensive background check is needed.

Last but not least, consider we are all the lucky ones who can fast track through the system compare to the ones who applied through the old system :)

Good luck to you all.
I think you are wrong. When they say Not needed at this time means they havent reviewed that item.

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I signed in today and saw that the Background check changed to In progress..

I hope all these changes mean they're really working fast. They do need to show that the EE works as promised.