Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Just a query guys
I have a friend with student visa but able to get an AOR for his EE CEC application. Can he apply for OWP because he was not allowed to work off campus.

PJR3055

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
biz said:
Just a query guys
I have a friend with student visa but able to get an AOR for his EE CEC application. Can he apply for OWP because he was not allowed to work off campus.
As per website they should have valid status on a work permit which is about to expire within 4 months. So far never heard of a student who got BOWP or OWP

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
dit_pra said:
in my case i m in implied status with LMIA.i applied implied on feb 15 2015 with reference LMIA but i saw more chances of getting my LMIA denied so i talk to one lady lawyer and she said me that i can apply BWOP with my AOR so i did apply BWOP on march 20.so on March 22 i got denied on my LMIA.lets c what will happen.I forget to mention that i applied under EE.i think i didnt reply ur question but just sharing my experience.
Thank you for getting back to me. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Please advise when you have some updates. I know that if the processing time stays as it is right now, it will not be any time soon.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
PJR3055 said:
As per website they should have valid status on a work permit which is about to expire within 4 months. So far never heard of a student who got BOWP or OWP

That's what I thought I guess he should stick to what his student permits allowed until he gets his PR

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
Hi,

I need help,

I have got 0 points for Certificate of Qualification, however, in the document upload page of application, I am asked to upload Certificate of Qualification.

Has anybody else faced such problem?

Thanks,

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
Arwy said:
Thank you for getting back to me. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Please advise when you have some updates. I know that if the processing time stays as it is right now, it will not be any time soon.
For sure i will let u know..

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question, I've received my ITA last Friday, currently in the process of finishing up my application.

As part of the application, it asks for your personal activity and it says NOT to leave any gaps.

So in the case of unemployment period (you know looking for a job after graduation) .. what do I say? The activity type is only (employment, education, gov, military, organization) .. there is nothing for unemployment.

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
Andrew1982 said:
Refer to your ECAS status for a more reliable timeline..
your status will appear soon... Keep checking.. They usually update their system on every TUE..
good luck..
how did u know they update every Tuesday.u are making me excited coz 2morrow is tuesday.Keeping finger cross for me n every one in the forum..

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
ashrafgk said:
Question, I've received my ITA last Friday, currently in the process of finishing up my application.

As part of the application, it asks for your personal activity and it says NOT to leave any gaps.

So in the case of unemployment period (you know looking for a job after graduation) .. what do I say? The activity type is only (employment, education, gov, military, organization) .. there is nothing for unemployment.
I selected employment and mentioned as "looking for job".

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colorblind said:
I have never uploaded that file in the EE application....
Colorblind ... that background was in one of the EE documents we needed to fill in on CIC's site ...however they designed the website very badly so even I did write my past 10 years activities but it seems CIC officer still wants me to use the old documents to re-submit to them again.

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
Hi Guys,
Just an idea...

Just want to know what if we come up with file processing starting date and see pattern of progress.I just want to know what is the actual date of file processing date of guys who got PASSPORT REQUEST.i think we can find much more about pattern of their work and i think ECAS is much more reliable than CIC profile updates. Ideas,suggestion & advise are highly appreciated....

amit_gemini0206

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
XYZSAN said:
Hey Amit...

Same question from my side too.. did you receive your passport back from CIC?
Yes i received my passport on 21st of march with 2 copies of confirmation of permanent resident letters and a single entry immigrant visa stamp on it.... i did my landing formalities at carway canada/US border. I am pr now, i'll get my pr card in two months.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
amit_gemini0206 said:
Yes i received my passport on 21st of march with 2 copies of confirmation of permanent resident letters and a single entry immigrant visa stamp on it.... i did my landing formalities at carway canada/US border. I am pr now, i'll get my pr card in two months.
Congrats!!!

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
amit_gemini0206 said:

Congrats! Hope our application will be next...