20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
caththisking said:
Sorry Guys as i may be asking the same question someone already asked but i tried searching and felt little tough. Any help appreciated.
I received ITA today under CEC!!! Hoooooohuuuuu.

Couple of questions i have is :

1. I have claimed my spouse CEC also and i got 5 points for that and if i remove that also i will get ITA as per today's CRS. I can accept the invitation and per instructions as i recalculated removing the 5 points and still in the ITA range mentioned.
2. Do CEC applicants need to submit only experience gained in Canada or all my 10 yrs experience i mentioned in EE??
3. My child is Canadian by birth but it is asking for his details and added as applicant.
4. My US PCC is not yet received but i will add covering letter with explanation and required proof that i took fingerprinting,courier details etc
5. Can i pay required fees using Indian credit card ??
6. Does the proof of funds required for ITA rcvd under CEC?? I am in india and have TD account and cannot get the official statement from bank for my available funds.
7. Earlier my spouse applied for PR(paper one last year) and i am in the application and now this is my application. Do i answer yes to previous application for PR as yes and if so UCi should be my UCI or my spouse's UCI??

Application filing is in progress so please expect more questions and every help from you is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance to all of you and please excuse me for any redundancy.
Anyone reading this????

SDave

Feb 6, 2015
tempa said:
Hi SDave & JXS1981,

I think at the day you submit your application and your IELTS/CELPIP still valid and you're good, no need to worry!!
here's the answer! cheers!
-----------------
47. How long are language test and Education Credential Assessment (ECA) results valid for?

Language test results are valid for 2 years. They must be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.

ECAs are valid for 5 years and must also be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.
------------------
link from cic website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#47
Thank you so much Tempa for this info.
This group is very helpful :D ;)

JXS1981

Oct 31, 2014
tempa said:
Hi SDave & JXS1981,

I think at the day you submit your application and your IELTS/CELPIP still valid and you're good, no need to worry!!
here's the answer! cheers!
-----------------
47. How long are language test and Education Credential Assessment (ECA) results valid for?

Language test results are valid for 2 years. They must be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.

ECAs are valid for 5 years and must also be valid at the time an application for permanent residence under Express Entry is submitted.
------------------

Hi Tempa,

Thanks a lot !!! Really appreciate your input. God Bless.

Best Regards.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
shuklapranu said:
I would suggest try in different forum as it is essentially for those who have already received AOR...Thanks
AOR is a step ahead so thought ppl here can help.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
Hello,

Congrats for who got ITA :)

I hope to receive an ITA it soon and therefore I have couple of questions:

1- What kind of documents you apply online, is it the same documents as per the FSW document checklist?

2- With regards to the scanned copies you apply online, should it be a certified copies (meaning stamped by a lawyer) or not?

Appreciate your help in that matter.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick question so I can finalize my application and share my timeline here too. :) If Im already working here in Canada and under EE-CEC category, do I need to upload my NOAs/T4s and payslips for the funds too or just for the employment records? I know checklist doesnt say it, but I have a vague memory reading it in treats, that some put it down in funds too as a proof having regular income?

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Panka79 said:
Just a quick question so I can finalize my application and share my timeline here too. :) If Im already working here in Canada and under EE-CEC category, do I need to upload my NOAs/T4s and payslips for the funds too or just for the employment records? I know checklist doesnt say it, but I have a vague memory reading it in treats, that some put it down in funds too as a proof having regular income?
jus t4 and noa good enough and if they need any other document they will let u know

cymromoir

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone recieved the R10 regularity check from cic yet? I believe this is confirmation of your eligibility for your stream.

schmamey

Mar 19, 2015
When should we be able to see the status under ECAS? I got my AOR, medical passed, background check in process, but i am unable to check under ECAS? is that normal? Thanks!!!

miss_

Mar 27, 2015
rhossain said:
Dear All,
Does anyone gets passport request from CIC? I am little bit tense regarding my passport expire data which is April 09,2016 . I had submitted my application on 27 March,2014.

What are the maximum months of validity required when someone sends his passport to visa office?

Does visa office provide visa stamp on passport or electronic visa like Australia?

Do I need to collect new passport book now or one year validity is fine and later on i will provide new passport details to cic where old passport number will be printed.

In my country government does not renew old passport instead they provide new machine readable passport with old passport reference.

Please advice.
Hello, according to the letter I got requesting for passport, it says that it should be valid for 6 mos. The documents they required to be mailed were: passport, 2 pictures, prepaid express post envelope (there's a specific size there indicated) and the printed letter received with the bio data form to be filled up.

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
miss_ said:
Hello, according to the letter I got requesting for passport, it says that it should be valid for 6 mos. The documents they required to be mailed were: passport, 2 pictures, prepaid express post envelope (there's a specific size there indicated) and the printed letter received with the bio data form to be filled up.
when did u apply ?

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cosgrec said:
I received an invitation on the first draw, submitted my application on Feb 19th and the only update I had is that the background check changed to: Not Started on March 7th I believe.
Is there anyone else here with the same timeline? Also, they couldn't find my application when tried checking status on the online system.
Hi guys
Just thought I can share my time line with you guys too,
Applied on EE : Jan 3rd, 2015
Received ITA: Jan 31, 2015
Documents submitted : March 5th 2015
Eligibility : in process
Background : in process
Medical : still no need at this time but I did my medical on Feb 27, 2015

And on March 26, CIC sent me an email to ask me to re-submit the documents for Background so I did.

I guess at least it shows me that CIC has opened my file and really checking on my file ...... ;D

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
What document were you required to submit?

hope for the best said:
Hi guys
Just thought I can share my time line with you guys too,
Applied on EE : Jan 3rd, 2015
Received ITA: Jan 31, 2015
Documents submitted : March 5th 2015
Eligibility : in process
Background : in process
Medical : still no need at this time but I did my medical on Feb 27, 2015

And on March 26, CIC sent me an email to ask me to re-submit the documents for Background so I did.

I guess at least it shows me that CIC has opened my file and really checking on my file ...... ;D

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
Arwy said:
Hi guys,
Does anybody know how bridging open work permit works under Express Entry? I've read the entire thread below, I've read CIC guide for employees, I still don't understand.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.795.html

Let's sayyou apply under CEC for Express Entry. You get AOR either same day or within 10 days at the latest. Is it sufficient to apply for BOWP under new rules? Lawyers do not know. Website says it can be accepted. Call centre agents say you have to pass eligibility which can take a couple of months... What I'm thinking is that maybe the website accommodates both situations. Let's say under old CEC (before Express Entry) it took 6-8 weeks, sometimes longer to get AOR, so AOR was acceptable, and that's why the website talks about AOR. However, now you get AOR so fast, and you need to get that eligibility review status passed. Do you know anybody who applied and got some updates? Any more info from any sources? What are your thoughts?