+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

plzhelp

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
sunshinejan said:
So I don't have to find a certified translator somewhere in Canada to do the job?

(please say that I don't need to :p )
info@abletranslations.com
email docs tobe translated & pay by credit card for their service & courier.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sunshinejan said:
So I don't have to find a certified translator somewhere in Canada to do the job?

(please say that I don't need to :p )
If you are not in Canada it is not assumed that you would get docs notarized from Canada. So you are fine with what is available in your country.

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
If you are not in Canada it is not assumed that you would get docs notarized from Canada. So you are fine with what is available in your country.
I too think so. I think I will just get them translated and notarized because here in Armenia notaries are certified by the government so if they authorize the translation, it should be fine.

Thanks so much for replies.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sunshinejan said:
I too think so. I think I will just get them translated and notarized because here in Armenia notaries are certified by the government so if they authorize the translation, it should be fine.

Thanks so much for replies.
You are most welcome. It is that way - i.e. every one who applies from outside for pr / work / study permit, they get it notarized and get it processed. No body has ever been asked to get notarized the way it is in Canada. I did the same before coming to Canada.

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Hey guys, my application has been updated and now background check went back to "no need". Last 3 weeks it's been "in progress" and now went back to "Not needed at this time'. What does that mean?

plzhelp

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Live2smile said:
Hey guys, my application has been updated and now background check went back to "no need". Last 3 weeks it's been "in progress" and now went back to "Not needed at this time'. What does that mean?
That means your background check is done. I had same issue when i got gcms notes it was updated bc is passed same day when i got message same like urs.

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
plzhelp said:
That means your background check is done. I had same issue when i got gcms notes it was updated bc is passed same day when i got message same like urs.
Have you completed the process? how soon after you got that message you saw a change or got an update?

zamboy

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Medical Updated- 27-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
My Canadian Story – A journey to share and inspire.

Hello Friends,
My name is Nitin Bhalla. Just like very body else, I also dreamt to come and start my life in Canada. I started preparing my application in May 2014 and was able to send it to CIC in August 2014. I used no consultants, as my only consultant and support was this forum.

I have no words for the kind of help and support all forumites have provided. I am sharing my journey and my insights on this forum to express how thankful I am and also to return the favour and contribute to anyone who may need assistance in searching a job or getting settled in Canada.

I am now to a certain extent settled with my family here, have a job (Full time) with Scotiabank.. I have also started counseling some newcomers for my settlement agency who want guidance in finding a job.

I landed in August 2015. Then started another journey, the journey to start a new life, find a home, find a job, create a social circle.. etc.. etc..First priorities were to get SIN, open a Bank account(coincidentally I applied for Scotia Start Right account from India itself and later got a job here ), get my Driver’s license , find a place to stay and so on.

I had no immediate or close family in Canada, so got registered with the nearest settlement agency in Brampton. They provide a workshop for newcomers and help you understand the job market, prepare a Canadian style resume and researching your job. But the real test comes after the workshop. I started applying for multiple jobs, tried CareerEdge for internship programs, attending mentoring events, got my business cards printed to share at meetup events, prepared job search strategy, researched linkedin. All these efforts still did not land me in a job.

I then started networking on Linkedin.. and it helped.. I will be happy to share my inputs in case anyone wants.. You never know what clicks, so I suggest we try every bit.. because failure is not an option. Feel free to connect with me. Just pm me for any query that you may have.

Thank you again for helping me.

All the Best…

Nitin

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
plzhelp said:
hopefully you're right, it is still saying "no need at this time". We'll see how it goes..

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zamboy said:

Hello Friends,
My name is Nitin Bhalla. Just like very body else, I also dreamt to come and start my life in Canada. I started preparing my application in May 2014 and was able to send it to CIC in August 2014. I used no consultants, as my only consultant and support was this forum.

I have no words for the kind of help and support all forumites have provided. I am sharing my journey and my insights on this forum to express how thankful I am and also to return the favour and contribute to anyone who may need assistance in searching a job or getting settled in Canada.

I am now to a certain extent settled with my family here, have a job (Full time) with Scotiabank.. I have also started counseling some newcomers for my settlement agency who want guidance in finding a job.

I landed in August 2015. Then started another journey, the journey to start a new life, find a home, find a job, create a social circle.. etc.. etc..First priorities were to get SIN, open a Bank account(coincidentally I applied for Scotia Start Right account from India itself and later got a job here ), get my Driver’s license , find a place to stay and so on.

I had no immediate or close family in Canada, so got registered with the nearest settlement agency in Brampton. They provide a workshop for newcomers and help you understand the job market, prepare a Canadian style resume and researching your job. But the real test comes after the workshop. I started applying for multiple jobs, tried CareerEdge for internship programs, attending mentoring events, got my business cards printed to share at meetup events, prepared job search strategy, researched linkedin. All these efforts still did not land me in a job.

I then started networking on Linkedin.. and it helped.. I will be happy to share my inputs in case anyone wants.. You never know what clicks, so I suggest we try every bit.. because failure is not an option. Feel free to connect with me. Just pm me for any query that you may have.

All the Best…

Nitin
Thanks for sharing. Your words giving us confidence. Very positive...

plzhelp

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Live2smile said:
hopefully you're right, it is still saying "no need at this time". We'll see how it goes..
Mine also shows no need at this time...but in GCMS notes it shows passed. Plus they already ask to provide my daughter's new passport coz her one is expiring in jan 2016. That means they want to request Pp.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
zamboy said:

Hello Friends,

All the Best…

Nitin
Thanks Nitin for sharing your inspiring experience about settling in Canada. We are so happy to hear that you have forged a successful life in Canada. :)

Getting a job in Canada is not easy. You have to go through many trials and tribulations for getting one. From what I have learnt about the job search here is that networking is the key skill required to land a job.

It's nice to know someone is there, whom we can inquire from. I would definitely pm you of any query and Congrats for having a successful life in Canada. :)

zamboy

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Medical Updated- 27-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
naredont said:
Thanks for sharing. Your words giving us confidence. Very positive...
Thanks .. and Best Wishes NAREDONT...