Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Holla said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, I will like to apply for express entry.
Firstly, i will like to know what is the minimum band score i need for ielts.

Secondly, what is the minimum points needed for me to qualify?
Thirdly, is it mandatory for my spouse to write ielts?
Lastly, can i start my application without ielts and wes?

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

Language test requirements are listed here. It is not a plain score, rather dependent on NOC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

There is also a conversion chart for IELTS to CELPIP around the same page too.

There is no set minimum score, but so far in all draws the lowest it has ever gotten to is 450. But it is possible that you have 455 now, you apply and next draw ends at a higher score.

Spouse test is not mandatory as long as you score high enough to qualify without it. When you include spouse in profile, you loose points if their education and language tests aren't there.

You cannot apply without language test (basically you need to fill score in CRS point sheet and test details like report id).

You might apply for CEC (if you have worked in Canada for a year without WES), but not for FSW.

Hope that helps.

zsv2015

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Hi guys, is there anyone with a NOC 2175 here?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/noc-2175-please-share-your-timeline-t375425.0.html

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
Hello Everyone,

We have a situation here and reaching out to you guys to help us..
My fiance applied for Canadian PR under Express entry as a single applicant and got the approval letter along with COPR & PR Visa.
We got married before completing his landing formalities and now we are confused & worried on how to take things forward. After speaking to few of our friends and other consultants, they suggested the following option -

Option - Inform the CIC office regarding our marriage and get his COPR cancelled and wait for the further instructions from office to add spouse to the application.
This being said, we have couple of questions here -
1) Can he travel back to Canada with his Work Visa as his Work Permit is valid for one more year after getting his PR Visa cancelled?
2) How long does the CIC office take to add me to his application?

Please & kindly let us know if there are any other options?

Thank you..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
KSwathy said:
Hello Everyone,

We have a situation here and reaching out to you guys to help us..
My fiance applied for Canadian PR under Express entry as a single applicant and got the approval letter along with COPR & PR Visa.
We got married before completing his landing formalities and now we are confused & worried on how to take things forward. After speaking to few of our friends and other consultants, they suggested the following option -

Option - Inform the CIC office regarding our marriage and get his COPR cancelled and wait for the further instructions from office to add spouse to the application.
This being said, we have couple of questions here -
1) Can he travel back to Canada with his Work Visa as his Work Permit is valid for one more year after getting his PR Visa cancelled?
2) How long does the CIC office take to add me to his application?

Please & kindly let us know if there are any other options?

Thank you..
Letting CIC know right away is your only option. If you don't do that and they latter find out, that is misrepresentation and can result in cancellation of PR.

Besides, telling them now is the best (and fastest) way to process spouse.

They would send separate instructions, ask for medicals and forms filled for spouse and would generally process that much faster. Otherwise spousal sponsorship takes years in some cases. No body can tell you exactly how long, but the consensus is that this would be significantly faster compared to sponsorship.

And yes, he can travel back and continue working on his work visa assuming it is valid along with trv. One year should be pretty good time to have PR completed.

Dora1023

Oct 23, 2014
hello everyone, back after a year of waiting (noc capped in 2014)

my timelines:

nomination by ontario: 2015/09/26
ITA: 2015/10/02
application submitted: 2015/11/02
AOR: 2015/11/02
medical passed: 2015/11/05
additional forms required (schedule 4 & 4A): 2015/11/05

Dhanapal83

Dec 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I submitted my Express Entry application on 27th October,2015. I received a message from CIC that the profile has been updated. When I checked the status, "A background Check is needed" status had "in progress".

I thought that the process will be a step by step process. I am confused here why they have jumped to the last part of my application. Have you guys gone through the same or if someone can throw some light here please.

ITA received : 11th Sept,2015.
Application Submitted : 27th Oct,2015.
AOR received : 27th Oct,2015.
Application/Profile Status : open.

Holla

Aug 29, 2015
Hi,

Language test requirements are listed here. It is not a plain score, rather dependent on

There is also a conversion chart for IELTS to CELPIP around the same page too.

There is no set minimum score, but so far in all draws the lowest it has ever gotten to is 450. But it is possible that you have 455 now, you apply and next draw ends at a higher score.

Spouse test is not mandatory as long as you score high enough to qualify without it. When you include spouse in profile, you loose points if their education and language tests aren't there.

You cannot apply without language test (basically you need to fill score in CRS point sheet and test details like report id).

You might apply for CEC (if you have worked in Canada for a year without WES), but not for FSW.

Hope that helps

Holla

Aug 29, 2015
Hi fkl,

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it. Do you suggest i don't apply with my spouse?

Will it be okay to include my children though.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Adey

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Holla said:
Hi fkl,

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it. Do you suggest i don't apply with my spouse?

Will it be okay to include my children though.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Adey
Your spouse not accompanying you will not save any trouble. Your CRS will be calculated as you are married, and i think you will still need to provide documents regarding him/her. (And if i remember correctly from last year, even the medical check is also required. )

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhanapal83 said:
Hello All,

I submitted my Express Entry application on 27th October,2015. I received a message from CIC that the profile has been updated. When I checked the status, "A background Check is needed" status had "in progress".

I thought that the process will be a step by step process. I am confused here why they have jumped to the last part of my application. Have you guys gone through the same or if someone can throw some light here please.

ITA received : 11th Sept,2015.
Application Submitted : 27th Oct,2015.
AOR received : 27th Oct,2015.
Application/Profile Status : open.
This is very normal. For most people, this is how it unfolds. NO worries my friend.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Miumiu said:
Your spouse not accompanying you will not save any trouble. Your CRS will be calculated as you are married, and i think you will still need to provide documents regarding him/her. (And if i remember correctly from last year, even the medical check is also required. )
That's precisely correct. There is no advantage of trying to leave out spouse and it doesn't make any sense to include kids without spouse. You would need to show legal proof that your spouse allowed kids to live with you.

Point remains that being married reduces your CRS points by around 50 or so. Because those points now depend upon Spouse's ECA and language test. If you qualify without them, it would save you the trouble of doing that, if not then get it to gain those point.

E.g. if you get a provincial nomination and gain 600 points for that, you probably don't need a spouse's score to get ITA. Those 600 along would easily get you ITA in the next draw.

Spouse and kids - whether accompanying or not - ALL are required to undergo medicals. The reason is that when they latter apply, they are excessive demand exempt being dependents of a PR.

Holla

Aug 29, 2015
Hi fkl,

I am outside Canada, getting a job offer is almost impossible. Have you received your permanent residence?

Regards
Adey

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Holla said:
Hi fkl,

I am outside Canada, getting a job offer is almost impossible. Have you received your permanent residence?

Regards
Adey
Hi Holla,

Yes and not yet.