+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
krishna19 said:
I called CIC last Friday they informed if I wont get my passport back in 2-3 weeks of time then I need to contact CIC ..

So i need to wait 2 more weeks to complete 3 weeks.

Once I get my passport . I will do landing formalities in Edmonton Service Canada office ..

If I do landing formalities in Edmonton to complete the entire process I heard it takes 2 months to receive landing paper.

my question is if I do landing formalities in Edmonton . Can I leave the country for 1 month in sep 15 - Oct 15 irrespective of landing procedure

does anyone have idea about this.
Generally, after change in My CIC account to "The application has been approved", you will be mailed passport the very next day. At least, I got it like that.

I did my landing at border. I was informed that if I wish to travel to India and come back to Canada, I need PR card. Otherwise, there is some other process which I need to follow. Also, I was informed that I can travel from USA by road with out PR card(As I have US visa).
I am guessing you will receive your PR card by Sept(generally takes 6 to 8 weeks after landing). In that case, you can travel to India with out any problem.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
I called CIC last Friday they informed if I wont get my passport back in 2-3 weeks of time then I need to contact CIC ..

So i need to wait 2 more weeks to complete 3 weeks.

Once I get my passport . I will do landing formalities in Edmonton Service Canada office ..

If I do landing formalities in Edmonton to complete the entire process I heard it takes 2 months to receive landing paper.

my question is if I do landing formalities in Edmonton . Can I leave the country for 1 month in sep 15 - Oct 15 irrespective of landing procedure

does anyone have idea about this.
Hi Krishna, do you mind sharing the number you called CIC on?

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
bud_weiser said:
Hi Guys anyone know how to cancel a paper application for BOWP. Guess I need to as my PR will be done before the BOWP and I can bump someone else up in the Que
As far as I know, you need not do anything. Once they open your file with UCI..your status is visible to them as PR approval so they automatically cancel your application and send the refund back to you in 6 weeks by post with cheque. You can check this with CIC call center.

Only one status is active at any time in CANADA. So once, you move to Permanent then the Temporary applicant application becomes invalid. Even it is the case for those who applied online for TRVs or other temporary permits using MYCIC.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
krishna19 said:
Today MyCIC PR application status is closed now..

It's just for the information

Today's MYCIC status.

Application/profile status Closed.
Review of eligibility Passed.
Review of medical results Passed.
Review of submitted documents Provided.
Scheduling an interview Help.
A background check is needed Complete.
A final decision has been reached This application has been approved.

Congratulations

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Call center number - 1-888-242‑2100
I think this is the one.
It keeps giving a "your call cannot be completed as dialled, please check the number and dial again".

Or probably there's another number for people calling from abroad

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Hopefulguy said:
It keeps giving a "your call cannot be completed as dialled, please check the number and dial again".

oh you are calling from outside Canada. Sorry I did not knew it. I doubt a number exists from outside Canada to contact CIC.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Hopefulguy said:

Try 1-613-944-4000
Follow the instructions.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Generally, after change in My CIC account to "The application has been approved", you will be mailed passport the very next day. At least, I got it like that.

I did my landing at border. I was informed that if I wish to travel to India and come back to Canada, I need PR card. Otherwise, there is some other process which I need to follow. Also, I was informed that I can travel from USA by road with out PR card(As I have US visa).
I am guessing you will receive your PR card by Sept(generally takes 6 to 8 weeks after landing). In that case, you can travel to India with out any problem.
Thanks IntoCanada ..

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
fvidania said:
I've been asked to upload two documents but I don't see anywhere in MyCiC to upload them. Where should it be?
After logging in into cic account, click on "Check status and message" where you can see the status. After reaching that page at bottom left, you can see "view submitted application". Click on this. You will be taken to "Permanent Residence application" page.

Click on "continue" button here at bottom left. You will be in "Documents submitted by the client" page. You will be able to see new entry for requested document here. Scan and upload.

GeoBC

Nov 16, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if it's good or bad news but it seems ecas and mycic are often not updated so your application might have progressed more than what you think. Even though my background check is "have not yet started", I was asked to submit Schedule A. I remember reading that usually this is the last step before ppr. Any idea how long it usually takes?

Thanks!

PandaSi

Apr 16, 2015
Hi, guys, I'm wondering for those who has been requested for schedule A, did u guys fill out all the addresses and all the travel records since 18 years old in details for the online application before uploading documents or not? :-X

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DoubleS said:
Try 1-613-944-4000
Follow the instructions.
Many thanks for this DoubleS, really appreciate it. I finally got through to an agent after navigating through so many numbers and finally waiting for an agent for like 15mins.

My thinking before calling was that if you are applying from outside Canada (FSW outside Canada), then your file will be treated at your local visa office responsible for permanent residency. So I was trying to confirm from the guy when my file was sent to my local visa office. He said its not necessarily so. That my file for example is being treated in ottawa and is in process. That the last time it was accessed was early May but he cant give further details on the status.

He later went on to say do not judge anyone's application speed with yours because you are just going to be frustrated cos there a lots of factors that go into the application processing procedure and its a different case for different people.

He said in most cases, Ottawa will process the applications and then pass it at the last stage to the local visa office to issue PPR.

He did mention that application timeline is still 18months but they just try to process express entry faster. i disregarded the 18months info tho.

Good luck everyone