Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
6 months start from the day you have submitted your docs after ITA.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Reading about all the cancellations, I became nervous... I did not upload a scan of my ECA when submitting my application after ITA. I reread the instructions several times, and they clearly state that you should upload a scan of your diploma/certificate/etc., and don't mention anything about ECA. However, now I'm doubtful if I should have uploaded ECA scan after all. I'd like to hear from you folks - did you scan your ECAs or not (those of you who claim points for education, of course)? At what stage is your application?
P.S. I provided the number of my ECA when I first created my EE profile back in January, I thought that should be enough.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
fl_pie said:
Reading about all the cancellations, I became nervous... I did not upload a scan of my ECA when submitting my application after ITA. I reread the instructions several times, and they clearly state that you should upload a scan of your diploma/certificate/etc., and don't mention anything about ECA. However, now I'm doubtful if I should have uploaded ECA scan after all. I'd like to hear from you folks - did you scan your ECAs or not (those of you who claim points for education, of course)? At what stage is your application?
P.S. I provided the number of my ECA when I first created my EE profile back in January, I thought that should be enough.

I scanned my ECA and uploaded together with school credentials

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think to be on the safer side, upload as much details as you can. Whether asked for or not. I uploaded my ECA, IELTS, BC and even evidence of visas for all my travel history.

Let them pick out the information they need.

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Did not upload my ECA or IELTS or BC.i had inputed WES and IELTS number in my EE profile. My application has passed medicals on ecas and cic background check in progress.

If i were applying now after seeing all this i would hattach them.

However, alls on track and no need panicking. Cheers

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
LOVEUKYLE25 said:
thanks a lot! they are not here with me so i guessed i just need to ask them to send their passport to me just to be ready... :)
If they are out of country don't make the mistake of obtaining their passports. They ate required to submit to the nearest Canadian embassy in their country of residence.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
My ECAS got updated today. It says

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2015.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

This is first time I see "started processing" message.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
submitted my application and paid my fees

havent uploaded ECA ot IELTS though - it's not asked for either. And you cant upload stuff which hasnt been requested.

I did put down my IELTS number though in the previous sections so maybe thats enough for CIC and they'll come back to me and ask for hard copies of everything at a later stage

6 months of nervous waiting now.....

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
My ECAS got updated today. It says

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2015.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

This is first time I see "started processing" message.
Congratulations! Glad to hear that cases are moving at a regular pace!

Can you please share your timeline?

shaggy_ger

Apr 24, 2015
tbcan said:
Hi,

I've been silently following this thread for a while now, and just wondered if anyone had applied for BOWP using AOR from the FSW scheme and if so any luck?

- theres been sporadic comments about EE CEC BOWP.... I was one of those who was eligible for both FSW and CEC, and didn't think it would make any difference / not possible to change streams, so submitted under FSW, but now only have 5 weeks left on my current WP, so trying to work out options.

- i know on the CIC website it says about waiting for the Final Determination of Eligibility for FSW scheme, but that seems a little outdated with the way applications are being processed at the moment. I've tried ringing CIC a couple of times, but mixed responses...

Below is my timeline for reference.

EE created - 26 Jan
ITA - 7 Feb - FSW
Submitted - 27 Feb
AOR - 2 Mar

MyCIC - as of 6 mar - no changes since
Status - Open
Eligibility - In Prog
Medical - Not Needed
Docs - Not Needed
Interview - Not Needed
Background - In Prog

ECAS

Received 27 Jan
Process 5 Feb
I am in a similar situation. I received my ITA on the 27th of March and submitted on April the 7th. Mine currently reads

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility ---- Review in Progress
Review of medical results ---- Passed
Review of submitted documents ---- Provided
Scheduling an interview --- Not needed at this time
A background check is needed --- In Progress
A final decision has been reached --- Not Started

My permit also expires in 5 weeks time and like yourself I have heard very little information on how to obtain a bridge permit and if I am even eligible. I am attending a conference tonight regarding Express Entry so hopefully someone will have some kind of info available

tbcan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hi Shaggy_ger,

Please let me/us know what you find out. I am going to try CIC again next week, but don't hold out much hope of a useful answer!

Are you FSW stream as well?

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
The instruction from the CIC website says:

"Note: You will have to provide the reference number from the report in your Express Entry profile, as well as your application for permanent residence (along with proof of your foreign credential). If we cannot validate the number you enter, we will need you to provide an electronic copy to confirm. Keep a copy in case we need to see it.

CIC does the validation via WES and other ECA agencies, they only request a copy if the reference number you gave them wasn't correct.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Below are the timelines...

ECAS update

We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2015. - March 12th

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015. - April 24th

Medical results have been received. - March 27th

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. - April 24th

My CIC Status

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR application submitted
02 MAR AOR
02 MAR eligibility review in progress

CHANGES
08 MAR A Background check - Not needed at this time --> Not Started
24 MAR A Background check - Not Started --> In Progress
24 MAR Review of Medical results - Not needed at this time --> Passed
21 APR Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are required at this time --> We need an additional document from the applicant

Passport requested - April 21st
Passport Sent - April 22nd

PATH - FSW
NOC - 2174
SCORE - 973

ishakapoor84

Apr 23, 2015
Good For you!! Congrats.. :)

Although i feel - CIC is processing the CEC category very slowly..
I had created my EE profile on Feb 16 and submitted all scanned docs later and received AOR on March 21st (NOC 2174)

Currently, My ECAS status shows the below 2 lines:

-application received on Feb 16
-started processing on Feb 16.

Anyone under CEC who got any response recently?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Intocanada said:
Below are the timelines...

ECAS update

We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2015. - March 12th

We started processing your application on April 21, 2015. - April 24th

Medical results have been received. - March 27th

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. - April 24th

My CIC Status

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR application submitted
02 MAR AOR
02 MAR eligibility review in progress

CHANGES
08 MAR A Background check - Not needed at this time --> Not Started
24 MAR A Background check - Not Started --> In Progress
24 MAR Review of Medical results - Not needed at this time --> Passed
21 APR Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are required at this time --> We need an additional document from the applicant

Passport requested - April 21st
Passport Sent - April 22nd

PATH - FSW
NOC - 2174
SCORE - 973

Wow, this is a two-month timeline. Are you in Canada or abroad (which visa office)? Also, were you an FSW or CEC applicant?