NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
PPR today- Nov 8, 2017!!!
Email came from address: donotreply@cic.gc.ca and I have 30 days to submit passport.
Background check still reads Not Applicable in online profile (NA2).
File has been at POS since Aug 25, 2017.
As at October 31, the file had still been in "queue for review" based on an email from POS in response to my query.
See more info in my signature.

Last edited:

malican

May 24, 2016
Lots of recent PPRs. Congratulations guys!!! POS VO is working.

I landed in Toronto this week. The process was quite smooth. Here is a summary of my landing experience:

Deplaned and walked a bit to Immigration where everything was done (and photo taken) via a self-service machine (indicated I was here for immigration). A print out f the Declaration card was done and then joined a line together with everyone else to see an Immigration Officer. The officer asked what we needed to clear and at the amount of currency bringing. He colour coded the landing slip with a highlighter and we exited the area. Upon exit there was an officer by a desk looking at the landing slips who instructed me to enter a room.

There was no line and an officer came up and directed to me a cubicle. The room is large and has lots of sitting space. Stayed here for about 30 - 45 mins while processing. The officer was quite nice asked a few questions such was what class of immigration, amount of accompanied currency (total) and nationality. He took the COPR page with the photo and signed up the COPR forms; I was also asked to signed the form. After which we exited the room and checked in to get a SIN#. Placed my name on a waiting list (there were 3 cubicles). Waited for 2 minutes and my names was called; provided my passport and copy of COPR and then received a print out of my SIN details.

I then collected my baggage (they were alone but grouped together nicely by someone) and then proceeded to Customs. The officer saw the colour coded slip and directed me to Inspection. This was a huge room with no line. Proceeded to an officer who asked about the currency being brought in, any declaration and unaccompanied items (to follow). A note was then made of the unaccompanied items and I went to the Cashier to collect the official Unaccompanied items list. No checks to the baggage were done, it was a smooth process.

At this point there were no other formalities and I exited the area into the public space.

Notes: I asked a few questions for future entry and I am sure it can help you guys.
Do not worry if the airline tells you they have run out of Declaration cards; you do it electronic after landing unless the system is down
If you bring over CAD10,000 in draft there is no need to declare however, I was advised to still list it. Only cash needs to be declared.
No types of meats (cooked/uncooked are allowed)
If you have items you wish to import after your landing (unaccompanied) you are free to do so; just declare it
The wait times above we pretty good however, I was told the times can be longer depending on the time of day etc
Use the bathroom as you exit the aircraft as the bathroom in some places are outside the room
After getting the SIN# and just before Baggage Claim there are some luggage porters that will volunteer their services (for a cost). There are also free luggage carts for your use so I advise you take advantage of them

I hope this post helps making your landing experience as pleasurable as mine and good luck guys. Will keep you all posted regarding getting my documents/cards. And feel free to ask any questions/PM.

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
Hi all , so glad to find this forum and connect . Congrats to all on getting their PPR and to Malican for creating this group.
I am FSW-O and just received my AOR Nov 9th . So I guess now its just to wait and hope those updates start happening ?
I did the upfront medical before so hopefully it will be updated quickly .

khiameka

Nov 13, 2017
Good day everybody,

I just wanted to share my timeline with you all.

FSW-O (Jamaica) VO - Kingston
ITA - May 31
AOR - Aug 28
ADR - Sep 8 (Background Declaration - IMM5669 & Travel History -IMM5562) Submitted Sep - 9
Med Passed - Sep 9
IP1 - Sep 9
NA2 - Sep 12
IP2 - Sep 16
ADR - Oct 16 (Additional Family Info - IMM5406E) Submitted Oct 25
PPR - Nov 10

I wish you all the very best on your journey.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi all , so glad to find this forum and connect . Congrats to all on getting their PPR and to Malican for creating this group.
I am FSW-O and just received my AOR Nov 9th . So I guess now its just to wait and hope those updates start happening ?
I did the upfront medical before so hopefully it will be updated quickly .
Good day everybody,

I just wanted to share my timeline with you all.

FSW-O (Jamaica) VO - Kingston
ITA - May 31
AOR - Aug 28
ADR - Sep 8 (Background Declaration - IMM5669 & Travel History -IMM5562) Submitted Sep - 9
Med Passed - Sep 9
IP1 - Sep 9
NA2 - Sep 12
IP2 - Sep 16
ADR - Oct 16 (Additional Family Info - IMM5406E) Submitted Oct 25
PPR - Nov 10

I wish you all the very best on your journey.

Welcome Adinsingh and Kaimeka!

@ Adinsingh... you're welcome; glad to be of help and share experiences.

tiffb79

Mar 2, 2017
Hi I wondering how do you guys plan to get around the paperwork (credit statements, job letter etc.) required to rent/lease an apartment once you land?

Tamie_British

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
June 29, 2017
Hi everyone on average how long does it take for POS to return your passports ?

SteelCourage

Nov 21, 2017
Hey guys, I have been following your posts and they have been very helpful on my journey. Here are my timelines.

Express Entry : Joined pool on 8th August

Stream : FSW-O

ITA : 9th August

Application Submitted : 9th October

AOR : 10th October

Medical Exam passed :12th October

Background Check stats changed so fast I couldn’t even record them

Additional document required : Travels. October 19th

PPR : 1st November ( Email sent directly from Canadian High Commission)

Passport sent off to the Canadian High Commission : November 3rd

Passport with counterfoil and CoPR in hand : November 15th

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi Guys I am from Turks and caicos however citizenship is guyanese I am assuming my vo is trinidad. can you Guys please share how long it took u to get ppr once your file moved to trinidad thanks

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi All,

I am just stopping by to share the contact information of a real estate agent that helped me to find a permanent apartment.

He is experienced with negotiating with landlords as it relates to new immigrants. You can email him at al@alrivas.com and explain the type of apartment that you are looking for.

I wouldn't advise you to look for a permanent apartment before you find a secure job because you will want to find a place that is within close commute to work.

Most permanent rental agreements lock you in for 1 year.

I recommend Airbnb for short term rentals.

PS. I did not pay any fee for Al's services - he earns his commission from the landlords or other real estate companies that he works with.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hey guys, I have been following your posts and they have been very helpful on my journey. Here are my timelines.

Express Entry : Joined pool on 8th August

Stream : FSW-O

ITA : 9th August

Application Submitted : 9th October

AOR : 10th October

Medical Exam passed :12th October

Background Check stats changed so fast I couldn’t even record them

Additional document required : Travels. October 19th

PPR : 1st November ( Email sent directly from Canadian High Commission)

Passport sent off to the Canadian High Commission : November 3rd

Passport with counterfoil and CoPR in hand : November 15th
Welcome and congratulations all at once! This was super quick. I assume would not know the LVO... but if it is POS; they are working just fine!