+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Trinidad & Tobago or with Port of Spain VO

tiffb79

Mar 2, 2017
WOW! Congrats!!!

Did you have a paper based application before and tried again through express entry? What was your NOC??

My AOR is May 26. Still waiting, POS said they haven't reviewed my application as yet. Got this communication in an email today.
Yeah that was really fast! Congrats Jules86! I also emailed POS last week and also got a response that my app has not been reviewed yet.

Reactions: toCAfromJA

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Yeah that was really fast! Congrats Jules86! I also emailed POS last week and also got a response that my app has not been reviewed yet.
@tiffb79 ,
What is your AOR date?

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
AOR May 24th file transferred to POS August 15th
Ok, I'm in a similar boat. As of Oct 8, my application had not been reviewed. (I believe it was transferred on the 25th or thereabouts and my AOR is June 17).

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
AOR May 24th file transferred to POS August 15th
Yea they seem to be moving slowly on our files. Did you pay RPRF upfront?

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi All

My timeline is as follows
AOR - Aug 10
MEP - Aug 23
IP1- Aug 23
NA2- Aug 28

No updates thereafter.

Today (Oct 19) after I wrote inquiring about my visa office I was told that its with Port of Spain.

In your experience how long would I be looking at to get the PPR?

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Hi All

My timeline is as follows
AOR - Aug 10
MEP - Aug 23
IP1- Aug 23
NA2- Aug 28

No updates thereafter.

Today (Oct 19) after I wrote inquiring about my visa office I was told that its with Port of Spain.

In your experience how long would I be looking at to get the PPR?
Everyone's situation is different.
From reading about the experiences of a few other FSW-O applicants who were processed by POS, the time seems to be anywhere from 1 to 3 months. I've only seen one person (Jules86) who got through pretty quickly. Personally, I'm approaching the 2-month mark at POS and I know other persons who are too.

Reactions: SheFer92

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Everyone's situation is different.
From reading about the experiences of a few other FSW-O applicants who were processed by POS, the time seems to be anywhere from 1 to 3 months. I've only seen one person (Jules86) who got through pretty quickly. Personally, I'm approaching the 2-month mark at POS and I know other persons who are too.
2 MONTHS?!!!
That's craaaaazy. My application just got to POS VO on October 4th. Does this then mean that I'd get PPR in December? That's absurd. I've been waiting too long. It's almost 8 months since AOR for me.

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
2 MONTHS?!!!
That's craaaaazy. My application just got to POS VO on October 4th. Does this then mean that I'd get PPR in December? That's absurd. I've been waiting too long. It's almost 8 months since AOR for me.
I don't know much about processing times for PNP applicants only that -from what I have read- the process takes longer than for FSW applicants. So, I guess it's not surprising that you are almost at the 8-month mark. Average processing time for FSW is given as 6 months. I'm at the 4-month mark overall and 2 months at the LVO stage.

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
I don't know much about processing times for PNP applicants only that -from what I have read- the process takes longer than for FSW applicants. So, I guess it's not surprising that you are almost at the 8-month mark. Average processing time for FSW is given as 6 months. I'm at the 4-month mark overall and 2 months at the LVO stage.
I'm just concerned about getting PPR soon, so that I can inform my employers, book flights, etc. I want to be able to go to Canada before my medicals expire in January.

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi Guys

I also have another question, does it mean that you are in IP2 once the application gets transferred to LVO?
Also what are the chances of rejection once transferred to LVO?
Moreover does it mean that all security, criminal, elgibility, CRS scores, FSW scores and all that have now been done and the CIO was happy and therefore transferred to LVO for final decision?

Thanks in Advance guys

Just trying to took for little positive things so waiting can be a little easy.

I found out the my application was transferred to POS LVO on Oct 19 after 70 days from AOR and 52 days since it went to NA2 (my application status per my account is still NA2), so I'm just looking for hope that my application is progressing well as I could not get an employment letter in the format that they had requested instead provided other support and this is keeping me up at night thinking that they might reject my application

Thank you :) and sorry for the long post

toCAfromJA

Aug 30, 2017
Outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
Med's Request
can't remember pass date
Hi Guys

I also have another question, does it mean that you are in IP2 once the application gets transferred to LVO?
Also what are the chances of rejection once transferred to LVO?
Moreover does it mean that all security, criminal, elgibility, CRS scores, FSW scores and all that have now been done and the CIO was happy and therefore transferred to LVO for final decision?

Thanks in Advance guys

Just trying to took for little positive things so waiting can be a little easy.

I found out the my application was transferred to POS LVO on Oct 19 after 70 days from AOR and 52 days since it went to NA2 (my application status per my account is still NA2), so I'm just looking for hope that my application is progressing well as I could not get an employment letter in the format that they had requested instead provided other support and this is keeping me up at night thinking that they might reject my application

Thank you :) and sorry for the long post
We have something in common. I too did not submit an employment letter in the format requested and I'm a bit worried that it might be holding my application back since I've been at LVO for 2 months. However, I submitted an LOE at the point of applying and after a while, 'Additional documents submitted are being reviewed' changed to 'No additional documents required' so I'm hoping that means that CIO and the LVO both will not have hang-ups about it. I'm also thinking that since that letter relates to a job that I have only had for a year and a job that I did not use as my base NOC, I should be ok....

Reactions: SheFer92

SheFer92

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
We have something in common. I too did not submit an employment letter in the format requested and I'm a bit worried that it might be holding my application back since I've been at LVO for 2 months. However, I submitted an LOE at the point of applying and after a while, 'Additional documents submitted are being reviewed' changed to 'No additional documents required' so I'm hoping that means that CIO and the LVO both will not have hang-ups about it. I'm also thinking that since that letter relates to a job that I have only had for a year and a job that I did not use as my base NOC, I should be ok....
Thanks you for your response, appreciate it. Keep us posted for any updates.

In my case as well I provided a LOE and also provided a letter in their format by one of my colleagues and provided his business card (This was not on letterhead) as he is at a different company currently. Also this job was my first job and out of my 7 years 5.5 years were at this company and is my base NOC. However it is one of the big 4 accounting firms and is well known around the world.

2 months at LVO? wow.. i was hoping that transfer to LVO means IP2 and will receive PPR in the next month or so.

Just have to wait and see I suppose there is nothing I can do at this time other than to wait

All the best to everyone waiting PPR hope everyone gets it soon :)

Reactions: toCAfromJA