Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
i emailed the Ottawa office who responded with a generic message that my file was being processed.... what does POS mean by the way and should i send an email to this emails address as well?
POS refers to Port of Spain visa office.

They just said your file is being processed? Tell me the exact message....

yes generic response to say the file is being processed!

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016
POS refers to Port of Spain visa office.

They just said your file is being processed? Tell me the exact message....
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Gisele

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca GO140

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Gisele

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca GO140

Ok, i see......either your visa office is Ottawa or your file has not been transferred to your local visa office as yet....
Hang in there Judsy...you might have a little wait....maybe few more weeks......but I really hope I'm wrong....
One thing I do know is that IP2 is a very positive sign that you are on your way to PPR...

Last edited:

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Ok, i see......either your visa office is Ottawa or your file has not been transferred to your local visa office as yet....
Hang in there Judsy...you might have a little wait....maybe few more weeks......but I really hope I'm wrong....
One thing I do know is that IP2 is a very positive sign that your are on your way to PPR...

Thank you.. keeping my fingers crossed.. ordered GCSMS notes today as well just to be sure whats happening,

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Thank you.. keeping my fingers crossed.. ordered GCSMS notes today as well just to be sure whats happening,
Excellent idea! i ordered 3 sets during my 6 months wait....;)

malican

May 24, 2016
I believe he referred to TD.
Were you able to ask your local bank if they were willing to transfer in TTD to Canada? I did ask RBL (and RBC I think) that a few months ago and they were not willing. I asked to transfer to the US as well and they sent no. If there are multiple people doing it then they may have a basis for possible change.

malican

May 24, 2016
Initially I only sent them a copy of my qualifications/degree/certificate and then a few weeks later they requested that my CXC results be sent via the Overseas Examination Council.
I'm going thru the Wes website. The are asking for my cxc and a levels be sent by the examine bodies.. quick question did u only placed the degree on your application to Wes.
Maybe it depends on your area of study. I wasn't asked to send CXC certificates and although I sent for my degree certificates it never reached them. But they did the assessment without them. Additionally I had the universities courier the transcripts direct to them to save time. And tried sending my certificates separately. Remember to send the university the cover form for them to include when sending the document to WES if you're going with that route. Good luck with the process! Feel free to ask further questions...research is the only thing that will help you through!