Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
My name is on a waiting list at one of the banks and they call when they have. But I have to go in and collect on the same day in draft form.
Hey malican, I spoke to another Trini from the forum. Basically he said all I've got to do is open an account in Canada, and I can have my local bank here in TnT wire money across in TnT currency. When the money reaches Canada, they convert to Canadian currency. So I don't have to purchase Canadian currency here in TnT with that option.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hey @Jamaicangirl88 finally a current Jamaican... even though you have gotten your PPR already.. COngratulations. I am still waiting feverishly... went ti IP2 on July 12/13 and still nothing yet *bawls*
Hey Judsy! Sorry, i just saw your message.

IP2 is THE sign that your PPR is near...

If its one thing i've learned - its that you have to be proactive with POS office.... email them if you realize 2 weeks have passed since your last update.

Did you get confirmation that they are your LVO by the way? Or is it Kingston?

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hey guys! Popping in to see your updates.
What's been going on?

I bought tickets and will land first week in September....and also just registered for pre-arrival services.

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016

If its one thing i've learned - its that you have to be proactive with POS office.... email them if you realize 2 weeks have passed since your last update.

i Didnt... just sent them an email today.. so hopefully i will get a response later this weekend...

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016

Hey Jamaicangirl88, what's the e-mail address for POS office?

malican

May 24, 2016
Hey malican, I spoke to another Trini from the forum. Basically he said all I've got to do is open an account in Canada, and I can have my local bank here in TnT wire money across in TnT currency. When the money reaches Canada, they convert to Canadian currency. So I don't have to purchase Canadian currency here in TnT with that option.
Hey Greg, any idea which Canadian bank that person is referring too? I called a few banks in July and ruled out that option as they needed the wire transfer in CAD and because of the shortage in TT the banks were unable to wire CAD.

Afe1984

Aug 7, 2017
Wish me luck I'm now starting the process. Any advice. I have scheduled to do the English exam in October and have my qualifications accessed. I am from Trinidad living in Bahamas.

Reactions: Jamaicangirl88

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Wish me luck I'm now starting the process. Any advice. I have scheduled to do the English exam in October and have my qualifications accessed. I am from Trinidad living in Bahamas.
All the best @Afe1984 - you can Youtube videos to get an understanding of how the english test is structured - its not a difficult test if English is your first language - you just need to be familiar with the test format.

For the credential assessment - be prepared to get transcripts from your college/university.

In general, do your research every step of the way. These forums brought me through everything....

Good Luck!

Afe1984

Aug 7, 2017
All the best @Afe1984 - you can Youtube videos to get an understanding of how the english test is structured - its not a difficult test if English is your first language - you just need to be familiar with the test format.

For the credential assessment - be prepared to get transcripts from your college/university.

In general, do your research every step of the way. These forums brought me through everything....

Good Luck!
Thank you. Where did you get your qualifications assessed. Will I need to forward my transcript there or just the degree certificate. I will keep u all updated as I go alonf

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Thank you. Where did you get your qualifications assessed. Will I need to forward my transcript there or just the degree certificate. I will keep u all updated as I go alonf
I used World Education Services.

Yes, your school will give you a sealed envelope (don't you dare open it:)) with your transcript for you to send along with your copy of your degree....

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
Hey Greg, any idea which Canadian bank that person is referring too? I called a few banks in July and ruled out that option as they needed the wire transfer in CAD and because of the shortage in TT the banks were unable to wire CAD.
I believe he referred to TD.

Afe1984

Aug 7, 2017
I used World Education Services.

Yes, your school will give you a sealed envelope (don't you dare open it:)) with your transcript for you to send along with your copy of your degree....
I'm going thru the Wes website. The are asking for my cxc and a levels be sent by the examine bodies.. quick question did u only placed the degree on your application to Wes.

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
I'm going thru the Wes website. The are asking for my cxc and a levels be sent by the examine bodies.. quick question did u only placed the degree on your application to Wes.
Initially I only sent them a copy of my qualifications/degree/certificate and then a few weeks later they requested that my CXC results be sent via the Overseas Examination Council.