OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok good to know.....;)
Is there any word on your application? Has it been approved or does FedEx have a tracker for packages?

I will do my landing next month depending on how soon they will return the passport. So please let me know how long yours takes. Thanks

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Is there any word on your application? Has it been approved or does FedEx have a tracker for packages?

I will do my landing next month depending on how soon they will return the passport. So please let me know how long yours takes. Thanks
Hi - no word yet...I am able to track the prepaid airway bill and its not moving yet.....will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Hey jamaicangirl88, I submitted my passport on 10th July and also have not received any word yet. And myCIC account still says background check in progress. I'm confused because from reading other threads I thought that PPR always comes after BGC is complete

Hi - no word yet...I am able to track the prepaid airway bill and its not moving yet.....will let you know as soon as I get an update.
H

AFamily

Jul 19, 2017
Visa Office......
Trinidad
Hi.. I am new from GRENADA glad to know I'm not alone, I send additional family info to Trinidad as requested since early March. I'm getting impatient since I haven't heard from them after myself. Do anyone know how long will it takes for they to get back to me requesting medical

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hello. I am also from Trinidad. FSW-O
April 6th AOR
Med Passed 6th June
NA 7th June
IP2 15th July

Called CIC and was told my app was approved. Just awaiting PPR.
Hi! Your application moved super fast! Hope you get PPR soon...

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi.. I am new from GRENADA glad to know I'm not alone, I send additional family info to Trinidad as requested since early March. I'm getting impatient since I haven't heard from them after myself. Do anyone know how long will it takes for they to get back to me requesting medical
Welcome! Have you tried emailing them?....what stream are you? FSW, PNP.......?

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hey jamaicangirl88, I submitted my passport on 10th July and also have not received any word yet. And myCIC account still says background check in progress. I'm confused because from reading other threads I thought that PPR always comes after BGC is complete

H
Hi - yea, the officer won't update your bgc to passed until your passport is stamped with the visa......mine is also showing as in progress.....
Don't worry - once you get PPR - you have passed all the checks and your app is approved.

See proof here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

Last edited:

Trini.phar

Jul 6, 2017
Good news - Received my passport + COPR today!! Since we submitted a couple days apart, I'm sure you'll get yours soon too!
So this puts me just 5 days beyond the 6 month average timeline.

Hi - yea, the officer won't update your bgc to passed until your passport is stamped with the visa......mine is also showing as in progress.....
Don't worry - once you get PPR - you have passed all the checks and your app is approved.

See proof here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Good news - Received my passport + COPR today!! Since we submitted a couple days apart, I'm sure you'll get yours soon too!
That's great!!! I'll be looking out for mine then! Congrats!!

malican

May 24, 2016
Congratulations!!! Based on your other post abpve your status would have changed to approved now. Correct? Also did they respond to your email of entering Canada on a TRV while holding a COPR?

malican

May 24, 2016
Hello. I am also from Trinidad. FSW-O
April 6th AOR
Med Passed 6th June
NA 7th June
IP2 15th July

Called CIC and was told my app was approved. Just awaiting PPR.
Hey Navin congratulations!!! Your application was processed quickly! It is probably in a batch at POS VO to send off PPRs at a specific time.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hey AFamily... they don't take phone calls so probably try emailing only if you have passed the 6 month period. Alternatively you can try calling CIC and say something like - I am just calling to confirm the additional docs were received as my additional docs status hasn't changed and then drop the question of where your file has reached. I did that and it worked. But bear in mind that some officers aren't very helpful while some are the complete opposite. Also some tell you once your file has been transferred to a local VO they can't access it but it depends on where the processing has reached because they can see the status at some point. Good luck!

malican

May 24, 2016
Hey
Need your advice guys/gals. My AOR is March 5th and my BGC moved from In Progress to NA some time in early June. Do you think my file has reached to POS VO by now? If it has, would it be wise to call the VO instead of CIC to ask about my application?
Hey Gregrdyer, nice hearing from you! My AOR was beginning of Jan and by mid Feb it was with POS VO. Just to give you an idea... but things may have slowed down a bit because of the larger draws. Nothing to worry about I am sure. POS VO does not take calls but I would suggest calling CIC and trying your luck as you have a few more months to reach the six month mark.

Reactions: gregrdyer