+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Tamilnadu - Network here!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
People from Tamilnadu who have applied for/ planning to apply under the Express Entry scheme in 2015 please network here! Share your views/experiences.

dnagarajand

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
We have just started with WES and IELTS.
Electronic technician with Hr manager as primary applicant. We are from coimbatore. Where are you from.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dnagarajand said:
Hi,
We have just started with WES and IELTS.
Electronic technician with Hr manager as primary applicant. We are from coimbatore. Where are you from.
Hi Nagaraj,

What a coincidence !! Coimbatore is my native too! I am currently working in Pune though! I will be applying either in the last week of September or First week of October!!

I've actually booked my IELTS for August. I will be doing WES in another 2 - 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Raj

kishoresmec

Feb 17, 2015
Hi all TN people,

Please post your whatsapp number, will add you to our own group! Every doubt would be clarified in a matter of seconds there!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi All,

I am also from Tamil Nadu ,Chennai . I have submitted my EE profile mid of April.
You can add me to Whatsapp Tamil Nadu group . Kishore , I will PM you my number .

Raj-- i found your posts in the anna univ docs forum ... it was helpful

avselvakumar

Jun 17, 2015
I am from chennai. I submitted my EE profile on 20th May. My score is only 345. I dont have any hopes to receive an ITA as of now.

susmithaburra1989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
2173/ 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
ahem kishore so others are not allowed? :|
kishoresmec said:
Hi all TN people,

Please post your whatsapp number, will add you to our own group! Every doubt would be clarified in a matter of seconds there!

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
hi guys i m frm chennai. CRS @ 452. Applied fr PNP in NL.

I will reach CRS 510 on Jan2016 (completing 2+yrs experience in Canada)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys!! We have a WhatsApp group for people from Tamilnadu who are interested in applying for a Canadian PR. Please PM me your mobile numbers so that I can add you to the group.

Thanks,
Raj

dhorairaj

Dec 6, 2008
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
TAMILNADU GROUP!!!! This is a wonderful idea to have such a group. We can share our views and doubts and will be useful to achieve PR to Canada. I am from Chennai and native of Madurai. Waiting for ECA from WES and also going to do IELTS on July 11th. Kindly include my No: +91-9962342919.

Thank you Mr.Rajkamal for effort.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I work in Pune and hence I will not be able to go to Anna University, Chennai to get my transcripts in person. So, I asked a friend to go get it and mail it to WES. Because I wanted it to be perfect, I gave him the details on what to do in excruciating detail. I'll post it below and it might help someone.

Hi,

Please go through the following mail and get back to me if you have any questions.

General Information:

1) Go to the university as early as possible. The transcripts office is open from 9 AM to 6 PM. The office is always busy so expect to wait in a queue (  Sorry about this brother).

2) The entrance to this is before the Anna University bus stop when coming from Saidapet/Raj Bhavan side. There is a Sugarcane juice guy just next to the entrance and you will also see the board for the Canara bank ATM. As soon as you enter there is a temple to the left and just a little further down is the white building. You have to go to the transcripts section which is a small office behind this building.

3) The photocopy shop inside the campus is located behind the main canteen. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS OPTION BECAUSE IT IS FAR OFF FROM THE TRANSCRIPTS OFFICE AND IS ALWAYS VERY CROWDED.

4) Please have 3 sets of photocopies for all the documents as mentioned below. If I photocopy all documents from here and then send it, it's going to cost too much for the courier. So, I'll credit the money to your account, please take the photocopies.

5) Remember, soon after you take the DD, make photocopies of it. Also, you would need to write the application number, register number and name on the back of the passport size photos.

6) While filling the application form, please tell them that this request for transcript is being made for the purpose of Canadian immigration.

7) Please note that the university will take one week to deliver the transcripts.

Hope you got an idea of what the process is like. Now, I will walk you through, step-by-step on what to do and what to expect.

Before you go to the University :

1) Please ensure you have the following documents.

• Degree Certificate – Original + Photocopies of front and back [4 copies]

• Provisional Certificate – Original + Photocopies of both front and back[4 copies]

• Consolidated Mark sheet – Original + Photocopies of both front and back[4 copies]

• Transfer Certificate – Original + Photocopies [3 copies]

• 10th, +2 Certificate – Original + Photocopies [3 copies each]

• My Passport – Photocopy [3 copies]

• Your ID Proof – Original and Photocopy [2 copies]

• The authorization letter given by me – Original

• 3 Demand Drafts {DD} – [First DD for Rs.500, the second one for Rs.200 and the third one for Rs.200] Original + Photocopies. The Demand Drafts must be taken in the name of
“The Controller of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai – 25” . You must write my name, registration number on the back of all the DDs.

• 2 letters (One to request Anna University to release the transcripts to WES and fill the “Academic Records Request form” for WES and the second one is a letter to WES “Non-issuance of transcripts for semester-wise mark sheets”). – Now, I will ensure that the letters that I provide are accurate and perfect. In a rare scenario where the official asks to change the letter, tell him that you are doing this on my behalf and I live very far away and this is urgent. If that doesn't work, I'll resend the letters through post.

• Passport Size Photos – 2 photos (Write my name and registration number on the back of both the photos)

• Academic Records Request form by WES – 3 filled in copies

• Full Scale Envelopes – 2 (Write my name and registration number on the BACK OF ONE ENVELOPE ONLY)

On the way to the university:

• Be careful and look where you are going (not somewhere else ;) )

• Be relaxed and have a peaceful mind.

• Please follow the directions mentioned above to reach the transcripts office!

After you go to the University:

• Please remember that people who have got the transcripts before have claimed that the officials in this division are very arrogant not helpful. It is important not to lose your cool otherwise it is going to delay the process. It is also highly essential that you understand what you are doing and what they are asking. Please clear any doubts that you may have with me BEFORE you go to the transcripts office.

• Please wait in the queue and talk to the official at the window. He'll ask you for the original documents first. Show him the ORIGINALS of Degree Certificate, Provisional Certificate and the consolidated mark sheet.

• After this, he'll give you an application form that reads “Application for the issue of transcripts”. You will see an Application Number on the top right corner of the form (Appl. No: ). Please note this application number down for your reference. This is the only proof that you will have.

• Please write the application number on the back of the following documents :

 All the 3 Demand Drafts

 My passport Size Photos

 The full scale envelope

• Please tell the official that you would need them to I) Complete, Sign and place a seal on the WES “Academic Records Request Form” and II) Sign and Seal the “Non-issuance of Semester-wise mark sheets” letter.

• After this, hand over the ORIGINAL Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate AND the Consolidated Mark sheet along with the other documents mentioned above to the official.

• Please confirm with the official if you have given all the documents [Transfer Certificate, 2 request letters, WES Academic Records Request form, 3 photo copies of degree/provisional certificates, 3 photo copies of consolidated mark sheet, photos, DDs].

• Kindly request the official to “Place all the transcripts, “Academic Records Request Form” and the “Non issuance of semester-wise mark sheets letter” in an official Anna University Envelope and PLACE A SEAL AND SIGN ON THE FLAP”.

• It is imperative that the official envelope is sealed and signed on the flap otherwise it will be INVALID. Please find the attachment on how the envelope should look when they give you back the transcripts.

While collecting back the transcripts and the original documents:

• Please make sure you have my authorization letter, my ID Proof and your ID proof to collect the transcripts and my original documents.

• Please collect the transcript envelope and check if it sealed and signed on the flap.

• Also, don't forget to collect the original documents.  .

After collection of transcripts:

• Please ensure that the transcript is available in the format earlier described. I am attaching a sheet with a illustration that shows how the envelope should be. Do not DO ANYTHING to the official transcript given by Anna University [other than writing my WES reference number on it]. Handle it very carefully; the seal on the flap must be intact. Tell that to the courier guy also.

• Get a big cloth/fiber-like envelope [The one in which we used to get our exam question papers] and a standard A-4 Envelope.

• In the standard A-4 Envelope, you must enclose the following :
 A neat, legible copy of my degree certificate
 A neat, legible copy of my provisional certificate
 Cover letter with the subject “Need expanded last name in report”
 The copy of my passport along with the cover letter

• Please remember to write the WES REFERENCE NUMBER of ALL the envelopes.

• Then, put the transcripts and the standard A-4 sized envelope inside the big cloth/fiber-like envelope. The final package [inside the large envelope] should contain the following :

 The transcript envelope given by Anna University. [With WES reference number on it]. It must be strategically placed so that the flap remains intact and in good condition.
 The regular A-4 Envelope containing the aforementioned documents with WES reference number mentioned on it]

• Please seal the big envelope tight.

• Please write the following postal address [on the big envelope] legibly.

WES Reference No: XXXXXXX
World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada

• Write the following address on the lower right of the envelope.

Mr. Rajkamal Mohanram
XXX
YYY
ZZZ
Pune – 0000000,
Maharashtra, India

• Choose a courier service wisely. It must be both safe and cost-efficient. Send the courier to WES.

• That's it. Thanks a lot buddy!

NOTE:
If, at any time during the process, you have any doubts/clarifications, ask me. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING, it can have disastrous results. Just ASK!

Thanks for your time and help buddy! Really appreciate it!
I've mentioned one or two copies extra of all documents, to be on the safer side. Hope this helps.

I have to mention that the content in that letter was gathered in this forum. Thanks to the forum members for their help. :)

Reactions: Arun88