KIN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
KIN
NOC Code......
JAMAICAN SEAN said:
Guys,

Has anyone done medicals at oxford medical? Each time I call them to make an appointment they keep telling me that I need a IME form, I don't have this form but I need my daughter to do her medical as she is apart of our permanent residence filing.
I did some reading i am new to this process but when I check the requirements for the medical found here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Under the section that says "Get your exam before you submit your application (upfront medical exam)
" I see the following:

Are you applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child?

A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Upfront medical exams are no longer needed for spouses, partners or dependent children. To help avoid delays in processing, wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

I also did some research on the form they might be talking about which is the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. I did some checks whats this form and found this http://www.cnimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Medical-forms-approval.pdf . Please read the instruction page.

Hope this helps

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
iamsbee said:
Hello everyone, let me first say that it was very encouraging reading the individual success stories. I recently got ITA and now going through the process but have the following questions. Hopefully someone can provide some clarification:

1) Did anyone include loans (say mortgage) and credit cards in the proof of funds uploaded to CIC? I am wondering if these are actually required as I have seen many saying that they didn't provide
2) Did anyone use their pension entitlement (after being vested) as Proof of Funds?
3) Did anyone go the route of a gift deed? If so, can you outline the process?

Thanks in advance
Hi jamsbee, I am also in the process of gathering my documents. I've read exclusively that pension is fine as long as you submit an LOE to say it's payable to you once you submit your resignation. I'm going to try to find the thread and post the link here. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-ineligible-due-to-proof-of-tranferbale-fund-t391102.0.html

For the other questions, I'd like to know the same in regards to gift deed and credit cards. Good luck!

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAMAICAN SEAN said:
Guys,

Has anyone done medicals at oxford medical? Each time I call them to make an appointment they keep telling me that I need a IME form, I don't have this form but I need my daughter to do her medical as she is apart of our permanent residence filing.
Try explaining to them that it is an upfront medical for Non EDE worker so no IMM form needed. I did my medical at Dr. Gomes which is close to Devon House and Andrews Hospital; no issues here.

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamsbee said:
Hello everyone, let me first say that it was very encouraging reading the individual success stories. I recently got ITA and now going through the process but have the following questions. Hopefully someone can provide some clarification:

1) Did anyone include loans (say mortgage) and credit cards in the proof of funds uploaded to CIC? I am wondering if these are actually required as I have seen many saying that they didn't provide
2) Did anyone use their pension entitlement (after being vested) as Proof of Funds?
3) Did anyone go the route of a gift deed? If so, can you outline the process?

Thanks in advance
1) Mortgage and auto loan statement is not required as those are generally secured with some collateral which is usually the item itself. I did include one of my 2 credit cards but only as I had it from the same Bank doing my POF letter. I've read it is not mandatory to include credit card info just make sure if you include it you can show that your POF exceeds the outstanding balance + the amount required by IRCC.
2) Your pension contribution is yours, vested or not, so it can be used. You just need to clearly show what the amount is and include a LOE stating that your contribution is payable to you on resignation from your job. I made reference to my contribution in my application as I was including copies of my payslip which showed I had a staff loan. The pension amount exceeded the loan balance.
3) I used a gift deed not for my e-APR but last year when I applied for OINP. They accepted it. It basically just needs to outline where the money is coming from, show the relationship between the donor and the donee (I used birth certificates), to show that the donor is not affected by offering this gift (I used a job letter which stated the salary package), show how you received the gift (I used bank statement which displayed the transfer). Gift deed was signed by both donor and donee with each of us having a witness. I didn't get it notarised and was asked no questions about it.

There is a lot of useful information on this site once you can figure out the key words to search for. I used this thread and Google to make my gift deed template canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-complete-way-to-nail-source-of-fund-dilemma-t349224.0.html.

Make sure to include the www when you paste link.

iamsbee

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
JAMAICAN SEAN said:
Guys,

I was initially told this and then I told her that my expectation is they would give me a form once done. She then set the appointment and told me to bring scanned copy of passport.

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Just to share some good news. My score got increased from 405 to 430 now I am waiting on an ITA.

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hello all,
One of the respected members of this group suggested that I post a question regarding the shipping of PR cards from Canada to US in this forum:
Here is my original question:
Hi All,
I landed in Toronto on October 09th, 2015 and had returned to the US to resume my job in a week's time. My PR cards were recently received by my relative in Canada. Is it allowed for the PR cards to be shipped from Canada to US? I received some conflicting information on this - one source said there is a treaty between US and Canada and the PR cards can be shipped from Canada to the US while other source said that it is not allowed for PR cards to be shipped out of Canada, even if it is US.

I wanted to check with people on forum if someone had tried to ship PR Cards from Canada to the US. If it is allowed, it would be great because then I would not need to apply for PRTD whenever I am travelling back.

Also, has anyone done this before - getting the PR Cards shipped to their home country and then entering Canada for the 2nd time (1st time being the landing that was done on one time entry visa), and was able to enter without any issues?

Appreciate your inputs and information!

JamStory

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone!

It's such a warm feeling to read all the post from everyone working towards achieving one of their desires. I say "one of" as I'm sure that this is the step to achieving many great things!

Keep the vibes going...I hope to get in the pool by August as my ielts is in July!!

One luv! 8)

JamStory

Apr 17, 2017
Nuff_Love said:
Hi All,
Just to share some good news. My score got increased from 405 to 430 now I am waiting on an ITA.
That's great news! I guess you are in the process of gathering your documents now.

How did you increase your score by 25 points?

iamsbee

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
JamStory said:
That's great news! I guess you are in the process of gathering your documents now.

Maximizing IELTS results is the best way to increase your score

Jamaican_Chinese

Oct 27, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2015
Nomination.....
January 6, 2016
AOR Received.
January 30, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Passport Req..
March 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 23, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016
If you know someone traveling to the US, you can ask them to carry it for you- that's what i did. Others have said they mailed it to their respective countries but i didn't want to take that risk.

yodheydhara said:
Hello all,
One of the respected members of this group suggested that I post a question regarding the shipping of PR cards from Canada to US in this forum:
Here is my original question:
Hi All,
I landed in Toronto on October 09th, 2015 and had returned to the US to resume my job in a week's time. My PR cards were recently received by my relative in Canada. Is it allowed for the PR cards to be shipped from Canada to US? I received some conflicting information on this - one source said there is a treaty between US and Canada and the PR cards can be shipped from Canada to the US while other source said that it is not allowed for PR cards to be shipped out of Canada, even if it is US.

I wanted to check with people on forum if someone had tried to ship PR Cards from Canada to the US. If it is allowed, it would be great because then I would not need to apply for PRTD whenever I am travelling back.

Also, has anyone done this before - getting the PR Cards shipped to their home country and then entering Canada for the 2nd time (1st time being the landing that was done on one time entry visa), and was able to enter without any issues?

Appreciate your inputs and information!

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JamStory said:

Foreign work experience got increased to 3yrs.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Nobody Home??? Submitted my application so AOR May 26, 2017.

Let the wait begin.