19-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
July
luv2read90 said:
Hi Everyone, I am just beginning the process of my application through EE. Congrats to all the Jamaicans who were successful! Its so inspiring, I can't wait for my turn, so I want to sit the IELTS exams at UWI, any idea how to get an earlier date. They are at November now. And this is the first step in the process, I am getting my education assessed through WES then I can join the pool.
Welcome, hope you have a fruitful journey to Permanent Residence!
Nyla mentioned that Montego Bay had earlier IELTS dates, try your luck there.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Thanks for the quick response! I will definitely check out Mobay for the available dates. Is the English test generally difficult. Are there any recommended text books I could study?

yardflexx

May 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Nomination.....
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
July
So let me start by saying, your language score is probably the single most important contributor to your CRS points, so the higher the score the better, try for clb 10.

Personally I don't think the test is difficult as long as you are well prepared, but everyone has different skillsets. I didnt have the time to prepare until the night before, and I got 8.5 in listening and 7.5 in everything else, not top scores but they werent too shabby. I think the online resources for IELTS are sufficient, no text books needed (my opinion). Google resources for IELTS general training, and practice EVERY section, listening and reading can be tricky, and speaking may seem simple but can be nerve racking. I have copied a useful link below for practice

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/free-practice-tests

Overall, as a native English speaker, once you are well prepared you should get a good score.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
yardflexx said:
So let me start by saying, your language score is probably the single most important contributor to your CRS points, so the higher the score the better, try for clb 10.

Personally I don't think the test is difficult as long as you are well prepared, but everyone has different skillsets. I didnt have the time to prepare until the night before, and I got 8.5 in listening and 7.5 in everything else, not top scores but they werent too shabby. I think the online resources for IELTS are sufficient, no text books needed (my opinion). Google resources for IELTS general training, and practice EVERY section, listening and reading can be tricky, and speaking may seem simple but can be nerve racking. I have copied a useful link below for practice

Overall, as a native English speaker, once you are well prepared you should get a good score.

Thanks yardflexx! I will definitely take your advice. Mobay had available October dates. I started studying already as the IELTS website has a few practice tests, and i will definitely use Google which is freeeeeee... Thanks again.

AckeenSaltfish

Mar 5, 2016
Re: Express Entry Applicants from Jamaica- Sharing my story

Greetings ;D
Wanted to share my story on this forum as my journey to PPR as a Saskatchewan PNP was an emotional one but with a happy ending
Sent in AOR on January 25 and on June 9th, my application was refused because my job letter did not provide enough evidence that I performed the duties of a University lecturer. Letter had the salary, the number of hours and the years I have been employed but it seemed they wanted something more.
Trust me guys, this letter was like the worst news ever and left me in tears and thinking “WHAT NOW?”
Created a new EE profile on June 10 and asked Saskatchewan immigration to transfer my PNP nomination. Got 886 points and ITA on June 15. Sent in complete AOR by June 24 (medical and police records and IELTS were still valid) and submitted a much better job letter with details of my duties and scanned all 6 pages of my employment contract.
Got 2 request for more info: 1) Schedule A background declaration in which I had to explain why my application was refused and 2) Supplementary travel information -details on my travel history to the United states
Then on July 18- there is was the PPR letter.
Less than a month since my second application. My reaction was very happy tears and thinking “WOW!”
A lot of times, it was reading this forum that helped me keep my hopes up. Nuff thanks :) ;)
Good people, keep the faith and the focus during this immigration journey. Sometime you have to through go the bitter to get to the sweet. But know and trust that it will work out.

Jamaican_Chinese

Oct 27, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2015
Nomination.....
January 6, 2016
AOR Received.
January 30, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Passport Req..
March 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 23, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016

God is Awesome! Congratulations, there is no doubt that this is your destiny :). All the best on your new journey!

AckeenSaltfish said:
Greetings ;D
Wanted to share my story on this forum as my journey to PPR as a Saskatchewan PNP was an emotional one but with a happy ending
Sent in AOR on January 25 and on June 9th, my application was refused because my job letter did not provide enough evidence that I performed the duties of a University lecturer. Letter had the salary, the number of hours and the years I have been employed but it seemed they wanted something more.
Trust me guys, this letter was like the worst news ever and left me in tears and thinking “WHAT NOW?”
Created a new EE profile on June 10 and asked Saskatchewan immigration to transfer my PNP nomination. Got 886 points and ITA on June 15. Sent in complete AOR by June 24 (medical and police records and IELTS were still valid) and submitted a much better job letter with details of my duties and scanned all 6 pages of my employment contract.
Got 2 request for more info: 1) Schedule A background declaration in which I had to explain why my application was refused and 2) Supplementary travel information -details on my travel history to the United states
Less than a month since my second application. My reaction was very happy tears and thinking “WOW!”
A lot of times, it was reading this forum that helped me keep my hopes up. Nuff thanks :) ;)
Good people, keep the faith and the focus during this immigration journey. Sometime you have to through go the bitter to get to the sweet. But know and trust that it will work out.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4

AckeenSaltfish said:
Greetings ;D
Congrats!!!

This process is a test of our faith.

Wishing you all the best on your new journey.

God bless

andre3000

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-12-2016

AckeenSaltfish said:
Greetings ;D
congrats and all the best!

andre3000

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-12-2016
After a few months of no movement my background check finally changed to 'in progress' today. Hoping for some good news soon.

candz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
HI,
Did any of you guys got your qualification assessed by WES? If so which method of delivery did you select?

andre3000

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-12-2016
candz said:
HI,
Did any of you guys got your qualification assessed by WES? If so which method of delivery did you select?
Hi, I selected delivery by courier. It was the most expensive option but the package came within a few days.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
candz said:
Thanks for the feedback...has any one else choose the standard Canadian mail?
Hi candz I chose the standard canadian mail. UTECH still hasn't sent the transcript to them so I guess I will see in a month if everything works out. But I don't see why not.

I'll let you know when I get it, but that might be too long for you. I'm not worried at all though

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
Congrats to all those who got through and all the best to those who are starting/in the process now.

Just a small update... its a lot to to do when you land but after getting them done and settling somewhere its a good feeling. For those travelling with bank draft from Jamaica, it takes 30 BUSINESS days to clear here so bear that in mind when putting the funds in order.

All the previous advice about making the resumes more 'Canadian' works. For those in regulated professions try to get the documentation and licensure things in order as much as u can so u can get on stream with jobs in your field.

We got jobs wthin 4-5 weeks of landing; and networking and registering with job sites and changing the resume format helped with that.
Did a bit of travelling... Toronto to Calgary to Edmonton. Major cities are similar to some degree.
Of course jobs are more readily available outside the cities, got more calls for interviews for places 1-2 hours away for the city areas.

So, the settling in process has begun, so far its manageable.

Sending everyone strength and endurance for this process. :)

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Nyla said:
Congrats to all those who got through and all the best to those who are starting/in the process now.

Just a small update... its a lot to to do when you land but after getting them done and settling somewhere its a good feeling. For those travelling with bank draft from Jamaica, it takes 30 BUSINESS days to clear here so bear that in mind when putting the funds in order.

All the previous advice about making the resumes more 'Canadian' works. For those in regulated professions try to get the documentation and licensure things in order as much as u can so u can get on stream with jobs in your field.

We got jobs wthin 4-5 weeks of landing; and networking and registering with job sites and changing the resume format helped with that.
Did a bit of travelling... Toronto to Calgary to Edmonton. Major cities are similar to some degree.
Of course jobs are more readily available outside the cities, got more calls for interviews for places 1-2 hours away for the city areas.

So, the settling in process has begun, so far its manageable.

Sending everyone strength and endurance for this process. :)

Thanks for the update.

I will heading there in October for a few days

Congrats and all the best