Express Entry Applicants from Jamaica

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My God is truly amazing!!!

I received my passport back today with my COPR.

I'd like to thank the forum for all the info and guidance throughout this process. A special thanks to yampower, girl you good and my partner in crime Nyla. If your just starting the process push through and if your in the middle of it pray for patience, you'll need it.

All in all stay encouraged , it tough but to get over the hill feels damn good!!!!

Blessings

Bella 8)

AckeenSaltfish

Mar 5, 2016
This is such good news! Congrats :D :D :D :D. Hoping for PPR next month. I am SINP nominee with Jan25 th AOR. Paid all the fees, so just trying to be patient

DeeEmm

May 28, 2016
Congrats to everyone who has gotten through with the process I'm sure it feels amazing to be over the hurdle :D
I've been reading through this forum and love d support here!
I'm Jamaican born an raise.. never live anywhere else yet! But looking for the same thing here... a "better" life ::) Just have a few questions any help would be appreciated !

1. When you're in a common law relationship with 1 child (almost 1 year old) how does it usually work if you want you and your family to get approved for entry?
2. In the event a job sponsor comes up... how long does the employee usually wait for your acceptance/approval for entry?
3. Any good suggestions for job sponsorship?
4. Is it that if you don't have job sponsorship there is a certain amount of funds needed to get approval for entry?

Looking forward to any replies and assistance my fellow yaadies :-*

- Dee.

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
DeeEmm said:
Congrats to everyone who have gotten through with the process I'm sure it feels amazing to be over the hurdle :D
I've been reading through this forum and love d support here!
I'm Jamaican born an raise.. never live anywhere else yet! But looking for the same thing here... a "better" life ::) Just have a few questions any help would be appreciated !

1. When you're in a common law relationship with 1 child (almost 1 year old) how does it usually work if you want you and your family to get approved for entry?
2. In the event a job sponsor comes up... how long does the employee usually wait for your acceptance/approval for entry?
3. Any good suggestions for job sponsorship?
4. Is it that if you don't have job sponsorship there is a certain amount of funds needed to get approval for entry?

Looking forward to any replies and assistance my fellow yaadies :-*

- Dee.
Hey DeeEmm,
For the first ques, you and your family can all be approved. If you're in a common law relationship, there is a statutory declaration of common law union that should be filled out in the presence of a notary public. Also, there are additional documents to be submitted to prove your relationship is genuine; utility bills with both names showing the same address, joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, life insurance policies listing partners as beneficiaries of each other.
For your child, birth certificate with parents name

Not sure about the job thing... If u have an LMIA, you don't need proof of funds. If not, then you would need proof of funds for the family of 3 which is $18,617 CAD

All the best, shoot if u have any other queries :)

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
AckeenSaltfish said:
This is such good news! Congrats :D :D :D :D. Hoping for PPR next month. I am SINP nominee with Jan25 th AOR. Paid all the fees, so just trying to be patient
All the best! Hope u get good news soon!

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
Bella5 said:
My God is truly amazing!!!

I received my passport back today with my COPR.

I'd like to thank the forum for all the info and guidance throughout this process. A special thanks to yampower, girl you good and my partner in crime Nyla. If your just starting the process push through and if your in the middle of it pray for patience, you'll need it.

All in all stay encouraged , it tough but to get over the hill feels damn good!!!!

Blessings

Bella 8)
:-*.

DeeEmm

May 28, 2016
Nyla said:
Hey DeeEmm,
For the first ques, you and your family can all be approved. If you're in a common law relationship, there is a statutory declaration of common law union that should be filled out in the presence of a notary public. Also, there are additional documents to be submitted to prove your relationship is genuine; utility bills with both names showing the same address, joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, life insurance policies listing partners as beneficiaries of each other.

Not sure about the job thing... If u have an LMIA, you don't need proof of funds. If not, then you would need proof of funds for the family of 3 which is $18,617 CAD

Okay gotcha... Very helpful info. Thanks much Nyla!

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Hi,

Got back my Passport and travel documents just this morning.

Thanks for the information and support guys.

DeeEmm

May 28, 2016
Nyla said:
Hey DeeEmm,

Hey it's me again

You were saying we can all gain entry approved under one application right? Are both me and my partner able to apply to the job bank under this one application? ...

Also if just one of us receives a job offer can that ONE job offer be enough for All three to gain approval. Sorry just making sure I don't miss any loopholes or hidden hurdles :-[

-Dee

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
Yes you can all be approved under one application. One of you will be the principal applicant and the rest of the family will be on the application. One job offer is good. Only the principal applicant needs to register with the job bank for Express Entry

Have you done IELTS/WES yet? What are the points like?

DeeEmm

May 28, 2016
Nyla said:
Yes you can all be approved under one application. One of you will be the principal applicant and the rest of the family will be on the application. One job offer is good. Only the principal applicant needs to register with the job bank for Express Entry

Have you done IELTS/WES yet? What are the points like?
Okay sounds good! No sadly I haven't done that just yet. Any idea of the fee to take the English test?

DeeEmm

May 28, 2016
Morning all,

Going through the steps one by one and wondering ...Do both principal and spouse/partner need to submit an ECA for the application ? We both got our degrees outside of Canada so wondering if just the principal applicant would ned it or would we get more points if we both have an ECA?

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
DeeEmm said:
Morning all,

Going through the steps one by one and wondering ...Do both principal and spouse/partner need to submit an ECA for the application ? We both got our degrees outside of Canada so wondering if just the principal applicant would ned it or would we get more points if we both have an ECA?
Hi Dem,

I think it would give more points if both of you do your IELTS test and have your ECA done .

Use this CIC calculator to confirm and see the difference it would make:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

DeeEmm

May 28, 2016
Hi Dem,

I think it would give more points if both of you do your IELTS test and have your ECA done .

Use this CIC calculator to confirm and see the difference it w/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Alright cool. Thanks Tish!

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
Got the passports back and the COPR.
It is finished.

All the best to everyone waiting and those just beginning!