Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Congratulations on the ITA Bella5 and everyone else!! (didn't read the thread all the way through)

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks girlie. Hope all is well and you're settling in.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
candz said:
How do you apply for OPNP?
MASF said:
Check out their website for this information.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html

candz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
mapleback said:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html
Thank you. It is my interest to apply under the express entry as well. However im awaiting to take the english test at uwi. How was the for you? Any advice about the test?

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candz said:
Thank you. It is my interest to apply under the express entry as well. However im awaiting to take the english test at uwi. How was the for you? Any advice about the test?
To apply for Ontario you must be nominated first, and for that you must apply under express entry first to possibly get the nomination from that province.

Key to scoring high results at IELTS is to practice the actual test examples and learn the structure of the exam. It is not uncommon for people with poorer English skills to score higher than proficient speakers who do not practice.

candz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
alex_dinou said:
To apply for Ontario you must be nominated first, and for that you must apply under express entry first to possibly get the nomination from that province.

Key to scoring high results at IELTS is to practice the actual test examples and learn the structure of the exam. It is not uncommon for people with poorer English skills to score higher than proficient speakers who do not practice.
Whats the minimum points to be obtained to be considered to get an ITA? I have a Bsc in Business Administration. I plan to get it assessed by WES. My spouse and I will apply with me being the principal applicant. Do you also get points if you have a relative in Canada as well? When you do you express entry profile does it automatically generate the points at the end?

Just inquiring because it is my desire to migrate soonest.

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Candz just practice girl. Good luck!

Hey Kim! Thanks . How are you/

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candz said:
Whats the minimum points to be obtained to be considered to get an ITA? I have a Bsc in Business Administration. I plan to get it assessed by WES. My spouse and I will apply with me being the principal applicant. Do you also get points if you have a relative in Canada as well? When you do you express entry profile does it automatically generate the points at the end?

Just inquiring because it is my desire to migrate soonest.
Use http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp to check your eligibility to enter Express Entry pool.
Use http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to check your score. You can play with IELTS score to see how it effects your results. Relatives in Canada do not increase your points.
Yes, Express Entry automatically generates points at the end.

candz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
alex_dinou said:
Use http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp to check your eligibility to enter Express Entry pool.
Use http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to check your score. You can play with IELTS score to see how it effects your results. Relatives in Canada do not increase your points.
Yes, Express Entry automatically generates points at the end.
hey i did just that and got 441 points being that i have got the highest score on the english test. What is the minimum for you to be considered to get an ITA though?

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
candz said:
hey i did just that and got 441 points being that i have got the highest score on the english test. What is the minimum for you to be considered to get an ITA though?
The lowest the CRS scores have ever been since Express Entry started was 450. We are hoping we will see the cutoff point go lower than 450 in the future but if you apply and receive nomination from a Province you will get an additional 600 points. There are tonnes and tonnes of IELTS practice material out there... get familiar with the format of the test and even though you're a native speaker of the language you must practice to make good IELTS scores.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Tishfaith said:
KimKim2015, I practiced a lot and used sites such as:
1. IELTS Blog
2. IELTSLiz
3. IELTS Simon
4. ielts-exam

Reading:
- just practice past exams which you can google (IELTS Cambridge 1 up 9). These books have past paper for General Testing on all 4 components.

Listening:
- the books I noted above have listening test and the recording you can listen on youtube. Listening out for plurals and remember Capital letters for name of
people, places/addresses. J
JUST PRACTICE OVER AND OVER to master listening because it can make you or break you -a difference of Band 8 compared to Band 7.5 can change everything.

Writing:
- the websites IETLS Simon and IELTS-EXAM have a lot of examples of letters and essays. They repear the same topics over and over-so print a few of these and read them and get ideas to support your letters and essay
- Letter how to write the two main type of letters - Informal (to a friend or family member) and Formal (business like)
e.g. Informal - I'm writing to let you know ......or I hope this letter finds you in good health. I'm writing to tell you that

e.g. Formal - I am writing in regard to the ........ or I am writing to advise you that I will not be able to ....... or I am writing to make a complaint about....

Speaking:
- the websites I gave about look at various speaking topics. Specifically IELTS Blogs email you weekly on speaking and recent exam questions if you join the
forum. Also IELTSLiz has recent exam questions.

JUST PRACTICE....don't say its just English and you speak English so the exam is a walk over. Reseach and practice. Also know the bands you need to get the highest which is NOT Band 7.

Aim for L8 and R 7, S7 and W 7 even greater if R, S, W can be above 7 like 7.5 and above. BUT ensure/aim for L8 or above.

All the Best.....PRACTICE and PRAY

Please see information above of websites that can help and some general pointers.

All the best