21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
YamPower said:
You can scan everything into one PDF file and upload it under the proof of funds section. That's what I did. Also, ensure that it's all converted into CA$. The BOJ exchange rate on their web site will be fine.
Yampower, can you please paste the template of the letter you sent to ottawa for a change of visa issuing office?

Thanks.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Hi All:

I am a PNP nominee awaiting my ITA. I have been following this thread but didnt want to join until I was sure I would get a chance at living in Canada. Now that I know I am looking forward to joining the conversations and providing guidance as well as seeking it where necessary

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
maasjoe said:
I don't know...I got my " Ready for Visa" e-mail on Sept 25. I responded to them on Sept 27 to route the requests to Kingston.....no response as yet!!!! Sent fax Oct 2, follow up e-mail today!!!!! No local PPR!!! I don't know what a gwaan or what I must do now!!! 30 days fast approaching
@ yampower and maasjoe
I saw the PPR email on the 26th sent an email same time the Saturday mrn and sent a fax also the foll monday on the 28th....boy me fax again yesterday anuh....cause the clock ticking for me. i have to travel the 2nd for exam purpose to Toronto.... so me neeeeeed me passport back by then :mad: :mad:

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
YamPower or experts,

Should I mention in my Letter of Explanation that I also plan to sell my house.

(I have the over CAD$12,000) but can add the plan to sell my house?

Thanks

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Massjoe i just got the local PPR, finally. prob u need to fax. as said earlier i got PPR sept 25, email the 26th, fax the 28th and fax AGAIN yesterday and today they sent local PPR so idk gonna send off passport asap.

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
YamPower did you sent a return envelope, cause i dont see where they asked for one in the local PPR.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
ETE said:
Yampower, can you please paste the template of the letter you sent to ottawa for a change of visa issuing office?

Thanks.
I don't have the letter with me (it's on my work computer) but I just quoted my EE app number and UCI and asked them to route the PPR to Kingston.

MASF said:
Hi All:

I am a PNP nominee awaiting my ITA. I have been following this thread but didnt want to join until I was sure I would get a chance at living in Canada. Now that I know I am looking forward to joining the conversations and providing guidance as well as seeking it where necessary
Congrats and welcome!

hipchick said:
YamPower did you sent a return envelope, cause i dont see where they asked for one in the local PPR.
Yeah I sent one. You have to send one so they can send it back to you. DHL knows exactly what to do so link them. It cost $2,000 total.

Tishfaith said:
YamPower or experts,

Should I mention in my Letter of Explanation that I also plan to sell my house.

(I have the over CAD$12,000) but can add the plan to sell my house?

Thanks
You need to show money you have now. I don't think they'll consider the house plan as PoF. If you have the 12,000 you don't need anything else.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
hipchick said:
@ yampower and maasjoe
I saw the PPR email on the 26th sent an email same time the Saturday mrn and sent a fax also the foll monday on the 28th....boy me fax again yesterday anuh....cause the clock ticking for me. i have to travel the 2nd for exam purpose to Toronto.... so me neeeeeed me passport back by then :mad: :mad:
They won't have your PP for long I don't think. I got back mine in 6 working days but a friend of mine took 3 weeks but his app had 3 people so mi nuh know if that's why.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
hipchick said:
Massjoe i just got the local PPR, finally. prob u need to fax. as said earlier i got PPR sept 25, email the 26th, fax the 28th and fax AGAIN yesterday and today they sent local PPR so idk gonna send off passport asap.
Thanks. I am gonna do that tomorrow.

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am a Jamaican and have been observing this forum for sometime and I like the togetherness, enthusiasm and the drive to help each other. This is the forum page where there is a circle of positivity. Here anyone can dream, hope and execute their plans to migrate with the help of others. I truly support this endeavor.

I am already in Canada and have received PR recently. The process was quite quick and I want to thank you guys for that. Keep the vibes going. I am based in Calgary (travel out for work at times) and if anyone from the forum is in my locality please feel free to give me a link. It is always good to have trying and progressive Caribbean people around.

To new applicants do not be deterred. The process might look far fetched and cumbersome at times, but the reward is great in the end. Also, based on education and skills there are good job opportunities in Canada contrary to what some people may say. Do not just send out resumes, but try to network (go to conferences, seminars, etc) and meet people in your field of interest. Once you're known that mid/top level job can be yours.

All the best.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Drenalin04 said:
Hello Guys,

I am a Jamaican and have been observing this forum for sometime and I like the togetherness, enthusiasm and the drive to help each other. This is the forum page where there is a circle of positivity. Here anyone can dream, hope and execute their plans to migrate with the help of others. I truly support this endeavor.

I am already in Canada and have received PR recently. The process was quite quick and I want to thank you guys for that. Keep the vibes going. I am based in Calgary (travel out for work at times) and if anyone from the forum is in my locality please feel free to give me a link. It is always good to have trying and progressive Caribbean people around.

To new applicants do not be deterred. The process might look far fetched and cumbersome at times, but the reward is great in the end. Also, based on education and skills there are good job opportunities in Canada contrary to what some people may say. Do not just send out resumes, but try to network (go to conferences, seminars, etc) and meet people in your field of interest. Once you're known that mid/top level job can be yours.

All the best.
I am interested in coming to Calgary but now a little hesitant given the downturn in Alberta.

Can you provide some info on Calgary and why its good to go there?

Thanks

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
Tishfaith said:
I am interested in coming to Calgary but now a little hesitant given the downturn in Alberta.

Can you provide some info on Calgary and why its good to go there?

Thanks
Calgary is great for work. Calgary and Alberta's economic endowment is based on the Oil and Gas Industry (which is cyclical) and Information Technology. If Alberta's economy is weak then Canada economy will also be weak as well, as Canada highly depend on Alberta for the federal budget support (in this situation it is my belief that I should be where Canada's economic base is located). However, you want to get into Calgary when oil prices start to increase. At that time there will be a lot of good well paying jobs. There are still jobs now, but the competition is greater. I have noticed a phenomenon that might work in the favour as new immigrant. Most companies that lay off people will cut their highest paid earners and replace them with moderate skilled earners. Therefore, once you have the required skill(s) there is a possibility of getting employed through networking.

Calgary is not as cold as people say (and can be quite warm in winter months due to the warm Chinook winds). On the other hand Edmonton is colder but is a wonderful and historic city.

The environment of Alberta and British Columbia is beautiful. However, there are other factors that you might take into consideration when immigrating and if you share those concerns, I might be able to clarify them for you.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Drenalin04 said:
Calgary is great for work. Calgary and Alberta's economic endowment is based on the Oil and Gas Industry (which is cyclical) and Information Technology. If Alberta's economy is weak then Canada economy will also be weak as well, as Canada highly depend on Alberta for the federal budget support (in this situation it is my belief that I should be where Canada's economic base is located). However, you want to get into Calgary when oil prices start to increase. At that time there will be a lot of good well paying jobs. There are still jobs now, but the competition is greater. I have noticed a phenomenon that might work in the favour as new immigrant. Most companies that lay off people will cut their highest paid earners and replace them with moderate skilled earners. Therefore, once you have the required skill(s) there is a possibility of getting employed through networking.

Calgary is not as cold as people say (and can be quite warm in winter months due to the warm Chinook winds). On the other hand Edmonton is colder but is a wonderful and historic city.

The environment of Alberta and British Columbia is beautiful. However, there are other factors that you might take into consideration when immigrating and if you share those concerns, I might be able to clarify them for you.
1. I am concern about the cold and snow as it seems Calgary/Alberta gets more
than Toronto does.

2. It seems very expensive

3. Could you tell the name of some of the safest communities in Calgary which are
close to public transportation, malls and not very expensive.

4. Do you think its better to have a car in Calgary?

5. What do think about Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge? which would you
recommend to a new immigrant and why?

6. Where do u think is the best place to start within the next 9 to 12 months in Albert given the current

state of the economy?

Thanks

Any information that you can provide would be great. I really like Calgary thou.

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
Tishfaith said:
1. I am concern about the cold and snow as it seems Calgary/Alberta gets more
than Toronto does.

2. It seems very expensive

3. Could you tell the name of some of the safest communities in Calgary which are
close to public transportation, malls and not very expensive.

4. Do you think its better to have a car in Calgary?

5. What do think about Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge? which would you
recommend to a new immigrant and why?

6. Where do u think is the best place to start within the next 9 to 12 months in Albert given the current

state of the economy?

Thanks

Any information that you can provide would be great. I really like Calgary thou.

1. I have lived in Niagara Falls, Toronto and Calgary and in my experience Calgary is much warmer because of the Chinook winds (You can do a mini research) that bring the warm pacific air over the mountains to Calgary and Lethbridge. Unfortunately these winds does not reach Edmonton which can be quite cold. The air in western Canada is dry and thus not as cold as the damp cramping cold winds that came off the great lakes. which can be horrible especially in the Niagara Falls area. These winds also bring heavy snow storms which impact the buffalo area across the border in New York. Take for example it snowed about three times in Calgary last winter (I was in Jamaica for the entire January 2015 so I cannot account for that month). When I came to Calgary and experienced the Chinook... one day I was talking to an elderly Jamaican (who is now retired and back in Jamaica)who I asked "how dem seh out yah colda than Ontario??" he chuckled and said "ssshhhh let them continue think suh as less a dem will come yah". He lived in Ontario for 12 years and Alberta for 35 years). He is now retired in Jamaica and is someone I could seek his permission and let you speak with him about Alberta. He and his wife are very successful business person.

2. Rent is expensive in Calgary gets cheaper as you leave Downtown, but I think all all other prices remain the same. Also please not that you earn more in Alberta compare other places in Canada (that is the main reason why people move here) so the expense will not be a huge issue in the end. Again this is my experience my friends and I who lived both in Ontario and Alberta.

3. Calgary generally is safe. the crime rates are very very low. Again from my experience North East Calgary is a bit unsafe especially around the Marlborough/Forest Lawn area. Most of the non progressive people live in this belt including some of our own. I live downtown (south west and I love it here). There are many malls and they are in all in close proximity to rail transit which is quite cheap. Also buses are accessible and reliable.

4. Yes its good to have your own ride so you can travel out and enjoy the scenic views. I doubt you will use your ride much if you live or work in downtown as it is cheaper to take transit and avoid traffic jams. Plus you dont want to waste money paying for parking in the city (it is big business here :) ).

5. All these cities are nice. Red Deer and Lethbridge are small but if you can get a job there then it will be quite rewarding. I would recommend Edmonton as a start and as you feel more comfortable you can them migrate south to Calgary (just following the pattern of most of my college colleagues). Some persons also start in Saskatchewan and then later move across the border. Saskatchewan economy is developing nicely but salaries are not that high when compared to Alberta.

6. You have to be very meticulous and peruse the job market carefully. You can start anywhere once the probability of jobs are higher in that locality.

Additional: There is more social life in Toronto, but the earning power in Calgary specifically will allow you travel a lot and still enjoy that social life. Do you fancy Vegas, LA, Seattle, Vancouver (really nice!) or even Hawaii? please note that there are some person in Toronto who earns a lot but they are not the majority. There are positives to living in both Calgary in Toronto. You just have decide based on what you really want to achieve long term. Many persons will go to Alberta.. make some money and then go back east to buy a home and settle. Wherever you go you will enjoy Canada the same... biggest bonus.. free health care (not the Jamaican type...my view).

Reactions: WAT876

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drenalin this was extremely useful. Thanks for the info!